Satyrday NBA

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Yesterday would have been a blow out had it not been for an unbelievable 4th quarter, which of course made us lose the bet in the end...not sure what I'm doing wrong, if we had a game on it's way to 240 points. Ends up 220. For comparison, last time these two teams met, last quarter ended in a 70 point effort. Situationally this was no different, but they ended up shutting down and not even fouling in the last minute.

I would not give any plays tonight since my credibility has to be sub zero now, but the fact is, the Charlotte Bobcats have no playmaker available tonight. All their PGs are injured (Felton, Derek Anderson, Jeff McInnis), Detroit is 2-2 in last 4 vs Charlotte, this is not something Detroit forgets as Tuck put it in his thread and I can only concur. The Pistons do not have a classic letdown spot after beating high profile opposition. Last time they beat Boston they hammered their next few opponents as well. Same here after a game with the Spurs. I am becoming a disciple of Tuck :D. But really, he's right, they do not have letdowns in such situations.

This looks like a solid one because the Pistons do not have a classic lookahead mentality either. They do have NY on deck tomorrow but they usually don't rest starters and think about the next one much even with a game the next day against a much more demanding opposition than NY. I looked at the 1st half bet here but the last time I did that they got up by 4 (I needed them to lead by 6) against Memphis only to blow them out in the 3rd quarter, saying afterwards how 3rd quarter performances have been crucial in their recent run.

Fundamentally, the Pistons will have a huge matchup advantage in the backcourt tonight. The Bobcats are not built to stop a top notch perimeter game. Also have in mind Charlotte played 2 overtimes last night in Cleveland are playing their 5th game in 7 nights. Detroit should win by 20 here rather easily, I'm not that afraid of the backdoor cover even if it is a significant spread, because the Bobcats have no one to run the floor.

Pistons -10 (1.99) 5 units

Playing back to back is demanding enough even without having a Denver-Salt Lake City switch. The Magic are regressing on the road after a great start. They're losing games they are completely in (NJ, DEN) and tend to collapse in the 4th quarter. This is a clear sign of regressing, the inability to close out games, or to step up in the decisive moments. Stan Van Gundy said earlier this month they're not a team that will go on and win 75% of the games, that they need to adapt and grow, and it is showing now. A team that lives and dies by the jumpshot (regardless of having Howard inside) does not look good in front of a clash with one of the deepest and most versatile teams around. Expect the Jazz to make a huge statement here and win by 15 or more. They have battled poor form lately, but shook it off by two commanding efforts in the last two games. This may not be a championship winning team but are definitely a top 5 Western conference team. Orlando should drop on their faces tonight, after collapsing in the 4th in Denver last night.

Utah -7 (1.93) 6 units

Yep I know. Chalk. As far as other bets are concerned, I'm leaning SA-MIN under 188 and Clippers +7.5. Dallas does not fare well in b2b spots, nor in LA against the Clippers. Even though they are surging right now (which makes it a no play for me), I think they won't be as convincing tonight, possibly even lose the game.

Of course, I did a similar thing last night in New Jersey, all I needed is that the Nets don't lose the last Q by 13. They lost by 14.

If I go 0-2 again I will take a break until the post All star game period.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 22 (8 members and 14 guests)
Satyr, Devil, DJ Tanner, McMug, pigeon, rufus1966, thrllkll, Wikeman

LMFAO

I have a strong feeling that Magic will win this one, but best of luck anyway, don't think I will be playing anything tonight anyway...

Played the Pistons first half as I think the Cats will at least take a full half to adjust to no PG. On the Jazz as well. I Magic now 6-12 L18 plus this is a 4/5. Jazz have won 4/5. Plenty of reasons to think they can get it done in this spot.

A foul on the 3 point line and no foul from the Magic after Dooling's basket fucked up the cover. See ya after the all star break boys and girls.

Stay well. :cheers:

:shake:

Btw, if anyone cares.

Had Seattle Seahawks ML and +9.

They go up with 2 early touchdowns. They lose in a blowout.

I take Detroit -10, thinking they'll fuck them up with no PG. Detroit goes up 13 in the 1st Q. Barely wins in an OT.

I take Detroit -5 at half, later on line goes to 6, thinking ok I did well. They will put them away. They don't.

I don't bet many parlays, I did take this one: Celtics ML + Jazz ML + Spurs -15,5. Would have saved my ass. Guess what, Celtics (the SAME CELTICS who I needed NOT TO WIN last quarter by 13 (which they did not by 13 but 14) last night) lose. Spurs of course in a breathtaking finish - cover in the end. Of course, I had the Nets last night, but Celtics got up BIG time against them, only to die completely in the 4th tonight.

I take Detroit - Ottawa over 5.5
NO EMPTY NETTER, 3:2 FT.

I take Atlanta - Pittsburgh over 5,5 thinking both offensive teams, crunched some numbers, thinking this is a good play.
2-2 after regulation.

I babble all day how LAC will BEAT Dallas (not just cover, BEAT THEM), but after looking at their schedule for a long time (LAC's, not DAL's), seeing that they only beat Minnesota in last what, 12 games, I said come on, Howard or no Howard, you can't bet on a team on such a run.

I said in the in game thread how Phoenix -8,5 2nd H seems low. As the price went down drastically, I lost interest. But seeing that Milwaukee shot 67% and Phoenix 58% at half, I thought UNDER seemed solid.
Took the under (106.5)

Ends up 107.

Of course, NOW they score. Last night in the Warriors-Grizzlies game, they looked like a bunch of deserters vs little teddy bears in the last quarter, walking up and down the floor, TOTALLY disinterested. Defense? Nah, I've seen that game, and it wasn't defense. They just sucked.
I needed 46 points, after previous quarters never went below 56.

They score 42.

I've had it. I am not betting until the all star break.

I will drop by occasionally, but this is too much.

I'm not going to deny there were some bad bets and bad moves by me described above in the post. But no one can tell me all these bets were bad. I didn't FORCE anything. I just don't read the game that well right now. It would be fine, but you can't give me only losers FFS. Under loses by half a point, over loses by 4 (in an amazingly low scoring quarter), empty netter missed, Utah doesn't cover, etc, etc, etc, etc... After amassing 600 units in the last few seasons, I do have to have a losing run. But this one is a bit too long and a bit too big now. I thought around new year I'm bouncing back, but I'm not.

This is really bad right now, and I need some time to regroup.

sorry to all who tailed. :shake: I really am. I know I used to be money in previous seasons, and you probably went by that...and even though we all know we're men here and take responsibility for our own actions, I still feel bad for guys who thought "ok this guy is bouncing back now", and it turned out to be the opposite.

Anyways, this only goes along with my shitty personal life right now, I'm emotionally in a big hole (bad breakup :() and will need some time to regroup in that area as well. Some of the guys know the details, not important anyways.

See ya around guys.

thanks Steed. :shake: appreciate it bro. I will be ok, just not right now. I still have solid profit from previous years but this one has been sub par. NBA, my favorite sport, the sport I watch closely, the sport I write articles about for a magazine here, the sport I've loved since I was a 9 year old kid, the sport that has been my money maker in previous seasons, is now a sport I can't read, can't get a hang on.

It's frustrating. Not as frustrating when the love of your life leaves you for another guy, but still frustrating. I could have used a run now, but all I've got is more and more frustrations.

It's 6 AM here now, if I were a smoker I would be smoking like hell now. Good that I'm not one then huh. Some Mexican sitcom/telenovela or whatever is on the TV, and I'm here waiting for the sunshine.

Good that it's Sunday. But it's not like I can have a good sleep so it doesn't make any difference. :D

Fuck. Now this is a world class rant :D

stay cool bro...

take some time...refresh the batteries

hoops will always be here but your sanity is more important

No worries Satyr, had the worst month in December in years, but already started strong January (including fading Sacramento yesterday against the Pacers). Last month I felt the same way you do I guess. The best bets, that I felt are almost a gift failed, even picks that great minds (other than mine :) ) picked as well, gone wrong and I just couldn't understand what is wrong. The answer is nothing. November was great, this month started great and I'm still the same capper in all of three month. I still don't know what was wrong last month and I don't care. I believed in myself and kept it going and it paid of and so should you. You a good capper. I read your thoughts here and in BA and your approach on the games and I believe that it is just a bad streak for, just as it was for me, just lasting a bit longer. Just ride the bad streak with smaller investments untill it ends and as soon as the good streak will begin, you will feel it and return all your losses.

Lower your units and get back to work! :)

The funks happen just have to ride them out and eventually they'll swing in your direction.

GL

Yeah bro funks happen and for sure youll snap out of it. Far be it from me to give advice to you, youve certainly been at this longer than I have, but I have a hard enough time keeping up with just hockey, I cant imagine doing as many sports as you do. Maybe just concentrate on one sport for a while.:shake:

The best cure for a broken heart is new pussy... I'm serious, I been throught the exact same shit and the first time a new girl puts her hand down your pants... you'll forget all about your old one! Hang in there.

divol, thanks man. :shake: I appreciate it. I think I'll take your advice and not bust my balls that much, just keep going. GL

pigeon, could be, you know, I never think of whether a play is a huge public darling or anything. This is the way I've been doing it so far, and it worked. This season it doesn't seem to be, but hopefully after taking some time off it will. GL :shake:

El Mago thanks for the support, yeah I guess people do go on losing streaks. Hey, at least I'm a good fade this season :D LMAO. GL bro, I will come back.

MemphisFan, thanks :shake: keeping that in mind mate.

catfood, well that's definitely something to think about. I do watch hell of a lot of soccer, NBA, NHL, hey but I don't watch that much NFL nor any of the college sports. Some guys here are successful at all that so it's doable. It could be this personal down I'm going through I guess. Anyways you're having a fantastic hockey season man, trust me I've seen guys and guys trying to cap hockey...and you are one of the best. Thanks, can't wait to discuss more NHL with ya guys. I'll be back ;) :cheers:

Handykapt thanks man, I know it would be the cure normally, but I've gone a bit too far with this chick, planning and emotionally attached...just shitty situation right now. I will work on that however ;) GL :cheers:

Thanks also to the guys who sent their PMs and e mails. See ya around, I'll be back soon with the plays, a few weeks/month off should do the trick.

:cheers:

Back