Saturday October 21st Plays and Analysis Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Well, pretty good week last week in football. Posted plays hit well and also hit Wisconsin pretty large.

Pretty proud of that under play in Michigan-Penn St. That was capped right on and it was a nice way to end the day. Auburn ML was vindicating as well.

Looking at the losses they are not as bad as I thought they were. Navy's QB went out early. Not saying they win, but who knows. Maryland made a helluva comeback and looked like they had the frontdoor cover. Not to mad about that. They were lucky to win after all their first half bumbles. The 98 yard run by Caulley and the PR by Ucnn really swayed my Army bet. Thats part of the game. You have to live with it.

70-57-4 +24.97 units

Here is this weeks board. Really not in love with card as it shows with just one play elevated above one unit. I will discuss all in next two days. I also have some thoughts on other games around the nation. Feel free to ask any questions, make any comments or give reason for another side. A few of these games are negotiable as always.

New Mexico St +18.5 -105
Clemson -7 -113 (2 units)
South Carolina -3 -116
Virginia Tech -12 -112
Wisconsin -5.5 -108
Houston -6 +101
Oklahoma St -1 -105
TAMU +3.5 -109
Toledo +1 -110
NC State +2 -110

Heres a few quick takes before I bow out for the afternoon:

-Had this Hawaii game circled for a few weeks. I like the travel factor coupled with the big win last Saturday at Fresno. Once Hawaii Guy was on it I was as well. NMSU showed well Sunday night at home against the Broncos and it should only boost their confidence in this affair.

-Wisconsin is playing excellent football right now. I first became impressed with them on September 23rd at Michigan. I just like how they play and they are a tough group. The offense is very efficient. PJ Hill is a beast and he sets up play-action for Stocco who is one of the very best in country at that. I don't mind laying these points with a veteran quarterback. Purdue defense is garbage. Wisky should go for 30-40 points easily. Wisconsin defense is good enough to limit the Boilers to an avearge game offensively.

-I look at the number in the Va Tech game and it tells me who the winner is. It seems a tad high but I think I know exactly how this game goes. So Piss has a nice defense buyt the offense will do little against a very upset Beamer and Tech. Takeaways and special teams will take care of the high chalk. I expect 10 or less from So Piss and a supreme effort from the Hokies. 30-9 kinda game here.

More on the other games and more on these next few days.

GL all.:cheers:

Last edited:
South Carolina looks tasty
10_8_10.gif

Glad to see you on Clemson. Line came out and I automatically loved it, although many here seem to be high on Georgia Tech.

B.A.R.

Can you give me your thoughts on the Clemson/Ga Tech game. I really was going to play strong on the Yellowjackets.

look good, BAR

only goin against you so far on gtech/clemson. good health there...though with reggie ball, i may need more health.

great vtech line...

Looks good..

I've liked the Clemson play but will try to wait and see what I can play it at...if you and Hawaii are on NMST it looks like a decent play to me then.

Sorry for long wait on these questions. I just did a lengthy Q and A only to have it all erased as my net went down.

Either between 3-4 today or after midniht will finish this up. My have an addtion or two as well.

abcs--SMODOD said:
South Carolina looks tasty
10_8_10.gif

ABC's, I really think they arre a whole different ballclub now. As mnay pointed to a QB change as reason to take UVA last week this falls into the same category. South Cary has played excellent ball with Newton at the Helm. Even woithout having the ball for an entire qtr against Aubie they could have scored 30 in that contest. They looked real solid first few drives against UK. I didn't see much after that other than the Ole Ball coach dialing up a trick play on thrid and one. He still has it in him.

The Dores are off a huge upset win. Thats factor one in SC being a good play. I like the Vandy deefsne and no doubt this will not be a blow out by any means. I just see a semi-flat Vandy team against a much improved Cocks squad.

21-10 Final sounds about right.

Ramble On-Dolishra

First of all I like the play more and more as the week progresses. My partner in crime(eh.. capping) Huntdog got me to look at this Sunday night. When we view a game the same way it rarely loses. i woudl say an 80-85 percent clip. Its not cokcy, its truth.

I will back the theory that Clemson hasn't played a great schedule. I think the road tests at BC and FSU are telling. Both teams are above avearge on defense and rightly they should have won both.

Georgia tech is Jeckyll and Hyde bunch. I don't really care too much for Reg Ball. I think he is garbage and without Calvin would have just awful stats. GT has a huge game against Miami next week. You may say it shouldn't be that big but it is for these kids regardless of Miami's record.

Tech has a solid defense, thats why they may stay in the game awhile. I really like the Clemson offense though and think they will get to Tech at some point. I can't see Tech doing a lot on offense Perhaps 14 points. I think Clemson gets mid twenties minimum.

Home field-big game for Clem in division-GT lookahead possibly=solid spot here.

Clemson 27-13

Yanks26Sox6 said:
look good, BAR

only goin against you so far on gtech/clemson. good health there...though with reggie ball, i may need more health.

great vtech line...

I saw you got a tasty line too Yanks. I doubt So Piss scores now that the RB is out. He was the offense as of late. Those recievers drop too many passes and the QB's Reaves and Young are too inconsistent. Beamer Ball will get to them and force some turnovers.

Inspekdah said:
Looks good..

I've liked the Clemson play but will try to wait and see what I can play it at...if you and Hawaii are on NMST it looks like a decent play to me then.

Spek,

I circled this a few weeks ago. I think that consecutive games on the mainland always favors Hawaii opponenent. Mumme's kids showed heart last week and this offense keeps getting better and better. This will be a supreme shootout and I think NMSU keeps it close.

Bows 42-37

JumpOnBoard said:
I would love to hear your backing thoughts of OSU here bro....

Jump,

I am most likely getting off this play. Want to look into it some more this evening when I arive back home. I will detail more later. I have hit TAMU last two games though. Underrated club coming into its own.

B.A.R. said:
Jump,

I am most likely getting off this play. Want to look into it some more this evening when I arive back home. I will detail more later. I have hit TAMU last two games though. Underrated club coming into its own.

That was sorta my thinking....A & M continues to be undervalued...people can't get past the Army game it seems.

Just played TAMU to offest the Okie St play. It also presents a nice little middle. We'll see what happens.

.......................adding................

Second Halves

Michigan -6 -114 (2 units)
Tennessee -6.5 -121

I like to teach myself lessons it seems...

Of the 4 plays I added during day today they are 0-2 so far...Tenny half looks horrid...UM half doesn't look good either.

"Stick to your guns"

this is a horrible day, BAR...lots of unlikely shit happening.

I'm 2-3 with all my plays done and happy to have only lost net one game. I was considering throwing more plays together today, but I probably won't. We'll see.

I could be 2-0 to start day but 2 add-ons at noon killed me...

Hit my money parlays though...need UM to complete a 13 point teaser as well

NMSU is up to +21

Notre Dame is lucky to have escaped with a win...then again, so is Texas. Horns made it so much closer than it should've been.

Cal coming back from behind. Have to see if that keeps up.

well..if no stupid thing happens, your teaser should be cashed :smiley_acbe:

WELL...NOT TOO SHABBY...

fUCKED MYSELF ON ADDTIONS..COSWT ME 2.41 UNITS RIGHT THERE

7-4 +4.54

NMSU still pending but they must have went for 2 so I could lose by the hook. Shit happens.

Nah, YOU the routine winner... Good shit man... This money will be doubled tripled and quadrupled in NBA

Back