Saturday November 4th-Big Alimony Picks and Analysis

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
96-73-5 +42.12 units

2-0 +6.00 units current week

Well, last week certainly qualifies as a rollercaoster. At 3:30 on Saturday I was up about 12 units for week in football. By the time the game on island came around I was 0.17 units up for week. LOL. Cashed side and total on Hawaii luckily to make week somewhat worthwhile.

Lets move ahead to the new week. A few games I really like. Lets get to it. I already posted my Thursday night play on UL for 4 units in a seperate thread.

Wake Forest +4 -108
LSU -2 -105
Michigan Under 48.5 -105
Miami Fl ML +115
NC State +6 -105 (2 units)
Texas -16.5 -102 (2 units)
UT-Okie Over 63 -116
Purdue ML +115 (2 units)
Michigan St ML -125 (2 units)
Indiana +6 -105 (3 units)
Indiana ML +204
had to hedge out now with new coach most likely

Banking on the week starting great with Louisville on Thursday night. Saturday should be icing on the cake. October is over and things only get easier the rest of the season.

Analysis to follow on each.

Last edited:
Damn bar sharp plays on wake ..and nc st.. big time sharp
I actually like nc st to pull the upset. So u might need to hedge and take ga tech with the way ive been pickin games. Good luck.. Im hopin that ville play cashes

Lots of Texas cats talking TBS and Okie St jinx on that one....

RJ??

Help me here...

TBS is the devil....ask hornsfan.

Michigan Vs Ball State Under 48.5

Well, I think this number is way too high. Lets go back to last week when we discussed how Michigan doesn't go for kills and rarely scores over 40(unless its Notre Dame ;)). The same methods to our madness last week can be applied to this game. Michigan is going to get out to a lead and play it pretty simple. I know many may not have been impressed last week. Understandble. Just like you were not impressed the weeks leading up to Notre Dame. Then Boom! It all happened so quick many were left saying "huh?"

This game is real simple. Ball State will score 7-10 points total. That leaves Michigan room for 38. Is Balls defense good? Hell no. Neither was Northwesterns. We can't hope for the weather of last week but we know that Uncle Lloyd and friends will play a noice solid game and most importantly keep everyone healthy.

Michigan 34-7

(Yes, I do like Ball State as well ats. That will be added soon enough)

abcs said:
Damn bar sharp plays on wake ..and nc st.. big time sharp
I actually like nc st to pull the upset. So u might need to hedge and take ga tech with the way ive been pickin games. Good luck.. Im hopin that ville play cashes

I like NC St SU too. May add a ML play on them as wekk progresses. Don't worry bout Da Ville. Thats rock solid.

u would think they would finally give Hart some time on that ankle too...I think they would have had NW not got it to within a score there in the 3rd...

and if Grady didn't use Butter Crisco in warmups on his gloves..

JumpOnBoard said:

RJ??

Help me here...

He's right BAR. TBS and Okie Lite our Texas' El Guapos. Okie Lite always plays us tough and they played very well against Nebraska.

I'd lean Okie St +17 but it's a no play since they are in Austin.

JumpOnBoard said:

RJ??

Help me here...

Lol, RK was telling me all about that last week. I am not to worried about it personally. I'll have more thoughts on this game later tonight. I think they win by 4 TD's though...49-21

rjurewitz said:
He's right BAR. TBS and Okie Lite our Texas' El Guapos. Okie Lite always plays us tough and they played very well against Nebraska.

I'd lean Okie St +17 but it's a no play since they are in Austin.

I like that they played great vs NU. That makes this line nicer and makes the play even the more better.

Amato is screwy.. I mean he always wins games like this.. Then loses the easy games. If he loses here he will be fired.. so im sure he will fire up the team. Then u have to take in the reggie ball factor. I mean the odds of him screwing up.. esp on the road are like 4 to 1. So if i did have some money available i would take the pack.. but thats mainly becuz i am a uga alum.. and i feel like tech should lose every game.

JumpOnBoard said:
u would think they would finally give Hart some time on that ankle too...I think they would have had NW not got it to within a score there in the 3rd...

and if Grady didn't use Butter Crisco in warmups on his gloves..

I hope they do. IMO he shouldn't get more than 15 carries a game next 2 games. Minor, Grady can carry the load against Testicle Tech.

I got on the Mich/Ball St UNDER 49 as soon as it came out yesterday. Glad to see you like it, too.

I'll probably fade you on your WF play. Power Ratings showing BC to be -18 favorites here and I don't see anything about the way they have been playing to convince me differently. I think WF is one of the biggest 1 loss overated teams in the nation next to Texas A&M.

I like LSU and will eventually probably join you on that one. Again, power ratings showing LSU to be -10.5 favs.

I know that Texas fans are likely to cringe or go off with this statement, but they have struggled the last two weeks and they're still crying about not being in the Top 5 of the BCS?? Hell, they are lucky they don't have 3 losses on their record right now! Please . . . . . let's all be realistic here, shall we. That being said, I don't see Okie State having the chances of a fart in a tornado against Texas. They just don't have the defense to hold Texas in Austin. Still, I do look for OSU to score some points and one may want to consider the OVER in this game . . . . .

Den, I am also looking at the over in that game. Not big on totals, but as BDK says, there are gems out there each week. I will consider that one as well.

SoonerBS said:
I know that Texas fans are likely to cringe or go off with this statement, but they have struggled the last two weeks and they're still crying about not being in the Top 5 of the BCS?? Hell, they are lucky they don't have 3 losses on their record right now! Please . . . . . let's all be realistic here, shall we.

FUCK YOU!

rjurewitz said:
FUCK YOU!

I knew I'd ring your bell . . . . . .
laughing5.gif

Sooner--Your fucksticks up in Norman better handle the Aggys this weekend. I'd like a cushion before I order my tickets to Tempe.

Alimony-

Love the Canes, like NC State.......Think the Ville is up against it v. WV though.

How bout A&M?

2 other road pups that might be golden----Baylor(17.5) @ Tech and Washington(14) @ Oregon.

Well, Ppa is on Texas this game. Ballsy call after past history and performance.

He also thinks that Doc Bob will be on Okie Lite so maybe we'll see a better price on Thursday.

michigan may get 48 by themselves bar. tune up time and it may be over by halftime. free press has ripped the offense for not exposing a tired nw team comin in after giving mich st the backdoor su win. best to ya on the play but u know these guys as well as anybody i know so think about a 1st half over full game under if anything. henne should be resting by the 3rd and the defense should get the hounds out by the 4th. ball state will be scrambling down the stretch to score at all and u now how carr eases up at the end.

best to ya on the plays but it looks like an onslaught from the go.:cheers:

KALIND said:
michigan may get 48 by themselves bar. tune up time and it may be over by halftime. free press has ripped the offense for not exposing a tired nw team comin in after giving mich st the backdoor su win. best to ya on the play but u know these guys as well as anybody i know so think about a 1st half over full game under if anything. henne should be resting by the 3rd and the defense should get the hounds out by the 4th. ball state will be scrambling down the stretch to score at all and u now how carr eases up at the end.

best to ya on the plays but it looks like an onslaught from the go.:cheers:

Looked at the free press as well. Even Loyd knows they missed out on many opportunities last week. I was sitting at the game last week freezing my ass off and realized the weather was really going to secure my under.. I think my under could have been cracked on a number of occasions last week but michigan could not pull their heads out of their asses. Not very familiar with ball state but I do know they have yet to be shut out this year. Michigan might try to make a statement this week and roll ball for 40+ points and I believe ball will score a couple of times. Keep your eyes on the weather for sat..Looks cold and the under could be the solid play here bar as it was last week.. GL

SoonerBS said:
I'll probably fade you on your WF play. Power Ratings showing BC to be -18 favorites here and I don't see anything about the way they have been playing to convince me differently. I think WF is one of the biggest 1 loss overated teams in the nation next to Texas A&M.

Those Power Ratings need to lay off the weed, crack, and Oxycontin. You give me Jim Grobe +18 points at home and I'll give you a big fat kiss before I take your money (ask Clemson how that worked out for them). Best coach in the nation that nobody knows about, the mismatch here between him and Obie is significant. BC should win and cover this pig, but I wouldn't play the Eagles with fondy's money.

looking real good, BAR

i'll prolly be joing you on Wake and LSU.
good health on NCST and Miami. they are definitely both no plays for me. don't get me wrong, i totally understand where you're coming from situationally with these two. jsut can't take these dogs myself, especially the Canes.

Understandable on the Canes....it takes guts no doubt. Same with NCSU with how they fared last few weeks. Imma gambler though..

and Ride or Collide baby!

The Farm said:
Looked at the free press as well. Even Loyd knows they missed out on many opportunities last week. I was sitting at the game last week freezing my ass off and realized the weather was really going to secure my under.. I think my under could have been cracked on a number of occasions last week but michigan could not pull their heads out of their asses. Not very familiar with ball state but I do know they have yet to be shut out this year. Michigan might try to make a statement this week and roll ball for 40+ points and I believe ball will score a couple of times. Keep your eyes on the weather for sat..Looks cold and the under could be the solid play here bar as it was last week.. GL

yeah it is a bit chilly but that bodes well for both sides of the ball. i know bar knows the states clubs so i am not tryin to get him off the play but the weather is something these kids are used to or atleast they should be used to by now. i think henne will light bsu up this week. bsu is good for 14 i think. we'll see where the line goes from here.

best to ya b.a.r.:cheers:

exactly

B.A.R. said:
Understandable on the Canes....it takes guts no doubt. Same with NCSU with how they fared last few weeks. Imma gambler though..

and Ride or Collide baby!

and why i both understand and respect the plays.

gl bro....purdue is sexy as fuck...why MSU is still laying points even at home is beyond me.

Michigan St Vs Purdue

Alright, lets get a quick little analysis of this game in.

Lets disregard the offensive performances of the Boilers the past 2 weeks. They played 2 excellent defenses in Wisconisn and Penn State. I have much respect for both defenses. This is an excellent Purdue offense. Painter has played extremely well this season and should feast on this Spartan defense.

Turn to the Spartans. This team is in shambles. Last week against Hoosiers basicaly in my mind took them out of bowl contention. That was their last shot and they went out with a whimper. They have been dominated more than 6 out of the last 8 quarters of football. Horrific defenses like NW and Indiana have shut down this once prolific Spartan offense. Its a joke. Stanton is bruised up again. Trannon and Ringer have been out. This offense has just went downhill since the Notre Dame game. Its sad really. The defense meanwhilw which had promise to start the year seems to still have an Irish hangover. They couldn't stop a team of RJ,King Krunked and Fondy from scoring 2 TD's.

I do go into this game realizing that Purdue's defense is garbage. I have been saying that since early September. I also know that Sparty cannot take advantage of that. In fact Sparty will give Boilermaker a dose of defensive confidence(lol). On offense, Painter and compnay should let out a sigh of relief as they will get back to scoring and playing Purdue football. MSU is in shambles and the crwod will turn on them early...

Purdue 35
Michigan St 21

Been a bit lax with the thread this week. I do apologiz. Will try and get some tidbits in tonight later on.

I canceled off the Purdue play due ti situation. I still favor them here though

Added IU. May add even more on them.

Been a great start to week..lets roll tomorrow.

Shitty day..

I played Ball +34..thought I had posted it...ah well..I know I said I would play it..lol

Week Overall 6-6 +1.73 units
Overall: 102-79-5 +37.85 units

Last edited:
Winning beats the alternative...

Don't tell me you weren't sweating just a LITTLE BIT yesterday about the 5:00 mark... hehehe...

:cheers:

Back