Saturday, November 11th College Football Thoughts and Selections

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
102-79-5 +37.85 units

Well, the last two weeks have been carbon copies of each other. Cruise in a few weeknight games and then give some back on Saturday. Never posted Testicle St as a play but stated I would play it and I did. That helped out a little bit. I can't really explain Indiana. I am shocked by that Minnesota performance. Its almost like they just came toghther for one day and let out a lot of frustration. Texas and Wake were nice as I knew those picks were unpopular with many people.

As for the nexy few weeks, I am going to be taking it easy in college football. I knew what I wanted to play for this week already and got a few of those in plus added a couple. I'll be in and out throughout the week but need to devote more time to NBA right now. My goal was 25 units this season before bowls so I am pretty happy about that..

Anyways, here we go...

Indiana +19 -105
Ohio St -22 -108
Texas -17 -112
Navy -12 -109 (3 units)

Quick takes:

-Ohio State will be in top form this week after last week's shitty performance(as per their standards this season). I expect a clean,crisp effort. I will be suprised if they don't reach 40 in this contest. Is there a look ahead factor? Of course. I also think that the Illinois game put a tiny scare into them. Ohio State 41-10

-Now, you'll wonder why I don't take Michigan here...Easy, IU is playing for a bowl game. Perfect test for UM before OSU as well. The defense on the qb will be telling. IU was garbage last week but I expect a better performance. I think they scare UM early before Michigan takes control in 2nd half. Michigan 31-16

-Kansas St is dog shit. I will stick to that no matter what has happened the past few weeks. Texas needs to impress voters right now too. They will stick it to KSt early and often. Horns is solid form right now. Defense has been great since halftime of Texas Tech game. Colt McCoy has developed so quickly and tremendously. Texas 34-10

-Navy will simply do the same things they did last week. Indoors at F squared is a nice little track for the midshipmen. This one should be ugly from the get go. Look at the EMU-Ohio box last week and you will see how bad they are against the run(the score of game didn't dictate as much). Navy wins 33-12

I will hve a more detailed analysis of the Rutgers--Loo uh vulle game in a few days. Best of luck this week. Questions, comments whatever...feel free to leave them.

Last edited:
NAVY!!!
friends1.gif

I like em BAR..except for one.
After the WV/Ville game.. I told myself I would take Ville if line under 7 or Rutgers if it was over 7. Well the line I got was 5.5... so I took the Ville.

I just don't want to put my money in Mike Teel's hands. I say Ville stack the box and make Teel beat you. I am seeing a Ville 7 pt win.

-Ohio State will be in top form this week after last week's shitty performance(as per their standards this season). I expect a clean,crisp effort. I will be suprised if they don't reach 40 in this contest. Is there a look ahead factor? Of course. I also think that the Illinois game put a tiny scare into them. Ohio State 41-10

Agree completely bro...the performance wasn't as bad as the score indicated too, which helps support a tOSU play this week...it was basically one bad half by one side of the ball..the offense...

tOSU had another fumble by Beanie (Grady, Jr) in the redzone in the first half or it most likely woulda been 24-0 at the half...they rolled up almost 200 yds of offense in the first half too...

Tressel I think saw how well the D was handling Illinios up front and I think just kinda reverted to Tresselball to get the shit over...we didn't have our starting left tackle, Alex Boone, and I don't think he wanted to mess to much w/ Troy's blindside in dropback situations against a team w/ a good pass rush w/ that kinda of lead...so just bled the clock really..

I think tOSU will roll this week also and really the first time I would advocate laying the chalk...

Bump.

Should also take a look at NC State now that they are catching 17 at Clemson.

Clemson is dangerous and wounded but NC State is also alive still. If they win out the remaining 2 games, they remain bowl eligible.

17 points is alot for this game.

I would agree 17 is a lot especially Clem lackluster play since Gtech game. Will look into that more on Thursday.

SMU is on my list as well fellas.

B.A.R. said:
I would agree 17 is a lot especially Clem lackluster play since Gtech game. Will look into that more on Thursday.

I am on the opposite side of you for the SMU game, care to state your reasoning. I am a bit worried about this game as I'm not that familiar with Houston but I am aware that they just flat out beat Tulsa who imo, was playing very well at the time. I had them winning Conference USA..

I took this from my thread for the wk..

I think that little three game stretch starting with the Miami loss is gone, they got their act together. Over the last 3 weeks they have displayed balance on offense with 250passing and 200+ rushing.. Now I got a first hand look at SMU last week vs UAB and I am far from impressed. The final score is misleading as it was much closer than 22-9.. I do not think Houston will be down after a big win, I think this line is low and they take care of business. Kolb also has been very good this year (2852/68%/22:3)...SMU won this game last year so that is another reason I do not see this team in a letdown..

When I first saw this line I thought it was low but I have seen alot of respected cappers on SMU and would like to hear a different point of view..

rjurewitz said:
Bump.

Should also take a look at NC State now that they are catching 17 at Clemson.

Clemson is dangerous and wounded but NC State is also alive still. If they win out the remaining 2 games, they remain bowl eligible.

17 points is alot for this game.

We have to win out the next 3 games, but you should never give an nc state team double digits anywhere...all of our games are close!

Green,
SMU is a lot of points for a home dog, whether you think they suck or not is your opinion. November is a crazy month in football and emotion plays such a key part in this game....I personally think Houston caught Tulsa in a bad game. Everyone has a bad game. 6 points is a lot for houston to lay on the road IMO...especially after a huge win.

B.A.R. said:

Make sure you check out that CU/NCST box and recap from last year...

NCST was bigtime on my radar when I saw the 17 pop up, but I discarded now..

Clemson destroyed them on the ground and completely confused em w/ formations...something I'm sure they've put in the bank..We know that if the Tigers can run it, they'll cruise..they had 243 and 5.9/c AT Raleigh...and that was on a front that had 3 first round draft picks..

GT doesn't even run it very good and they put 194 on the ground on the Pack last Sat night...

I liked it at first but ran away very quickly when delving into it...

Interesting points Jump.

Other than SMU this will be my card...too busy this week.

Clemson's offense is tied to the run. If they can have success on the ground, it will open up their stalled offense. NC State looks soft against the run. The only team to struggle on the ground was FSU against them. I was hoping to fade Clemson this week but it looks like a no action game to me.

Im a big Texas fan and Im putting a pretty good amount on Texas to cover. They should get after their QB a lot, the defense is getting healthier each week, and cause of that theyve been a lot better recently. I see Texas winning 42-20.

well....Shoulda put that SMU game in earlier...still like them though...will play after line moves back my way a bit..

Never got SMU game in. Thought it was a night clash. Ah well. Got Navy in so it won't be to bad of a day it looks like. Osu and IU prolly cancel each other out.

Adding Texas -16 -110

GL The rest of the day Cappa's

adding

Texas -16 -110

3 units total on Horns

GL tonight fellas..

may add some UH plays later

Navy and tOSU in...IU loss

Lets finish strong

If you are still deciding the Texas-Kst game..please think about this...

1.) all the one loss teams today struggling. I am sure Mack Brown is drilling that into his team right now in the lockerroom

2.)Texas defense has been superb since halftime at TT.

3.)with point 2...how many points can Kst score? I say 10-14 tops.

4.) with point 3...do you think UT stats below 30? Me neither

Texas 38-10 final

Back