Saturday NBA Discussion

Jazz win by 5, recoup some losses if Portland wins by more than 5.5. but down nonetheless.

Tuck, if u have some time can u plz post a few thoughts about this younger players of Suns, whom u like and what do u think the psychological effects of tonite's loss will be. I see them fighting a little more before they give up. Tx

Well put me in the Jazz haters club for blowing a 17 point lead at half and still 11 pt lead after the 4th Quarter . Absolutely ruined my night but no ones fault but mine for having to much invested in that game and not being home to play PHO 2nd H as a hedge.....

Dont see why this is a bad loss for PHO its actually about as a good a loss as you can have. Sure it kills their playoff chances but 2 weeks ago this board was writing off PHO anyway . They didnt quit , real athletes dont quit and year after year, sport after sport same stuff gets said about teams quitting and its all BS. Its rare that a team flat out quits and guess what oddsmakers will have a handle on it if a team does . Whether they have pride , an obligation since its there job to show up or personal incentive athletes just dont quit when the going gets rough .....

Just tired of hearing this said. Thats my rant ....:shake:

Well put me in the Jazz haters club for blowing a 17 point lead at half and still 11 pt lead after the 4th Quarter . Absolutely ruined my night but no ones fault but mine for having to much invested in that game and not being home to play PHO 2nd H as a hedge.....

Dont see why this is a bad loss for PHO its actually about as a good a loss as you can have. Sure it kills their playoff chances but 2 weeks ago this board was writing off PHO anyway . They didnt quit , real athletes dont quit and year after year, sport after sport same stuff gets said about teams quitting and its all BS. Its rare that a team flat out quits and guess what oddsmakers will have a handle on it if a team does . Whether they have pride , an obligation since its there job to show up or personal incentive athletes just dont quit when the going gets rough .....

Just tired of hearing this said. Thats my rant ....:shake:
Sorry for the loss. It's true they don't quit, but if they still think they are with a chance of going to playoffs this will reflect in their attitude and approach of the following games and increase their chances of winning them. The loss tonite might be frustrating, as the game could have easily ended the other way imo, their chances become slimmer now and that is hard to digest. I still hope they believe.:shake:

Amundson is playing tight defense all the time and sometimes you get scoring and rebounds. He is 6 ft 9 225. He can bang with almost anyone.
Dudley is incredibly savy. Tonight he made a fool out of Harpring and pulled a perfect flop against Carlos getting to the line and giving Carlos a foul for doing nothing. We are talking 6 of 12 with 2 three's and 8 rebounds. He seems to always know what he is doing on the court. Dragic the back up point guard is developing slower, but he is finally starting to actual produce. Actually be useful. Swift in no rookie but he is fitting in very well. Not as confident about Lopez but he is getting better too.
Nash is at least finally reducing the turnovers and Shaq makes his free throws
steals a lot of balls and helps distribute. Today 10 rebounds in 32.30 minutes.
Team is far from perfect. Barnes is up and down far too much and Richardson just is stupid and generally useless. No more concept of defense than a hamster.
Hill of course is very productive. Unfortunate that 1 mistake cost them a key game. If they could start over, this team would be a real threat. As it stands NO needs to lose a LOT of games.
Not sure about tomorrow but they have been very good on the road on Sunday going 15-2 su last 17 on the road on Sunday so I imagine they still win and if Dallas and NO both lose which seems possible the plot thickens.

Back