Saturday NBA Discussion

sodapop

ABBA fan
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Saturday, March 28th
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/28
11:05a
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>501
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>INDIANA
CHICAGO
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>208½
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>

</TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/28
4:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>503
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>DETROIT
WASHINGTON
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>

193½

</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>

</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/28
4:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>505
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>NEW YORK
CHARLOTTE
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>207

4:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>507
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>MILWAUKEE
MIAMI
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>197

5:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>509
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>LA CLIPPERS
HOUSTON

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
190½

6:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>511
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>GOLDEN STATE
DENVER

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>

6:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>513
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>PHOENIX
UTAH

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>229½

7:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>515
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>MEMPHIS
PORTLAND

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>193

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
Some minor interest in the Bulls in the early game although 8 doesnt present value . Just see Indy as a poor road team and Bulls are continuing there success at home so why stop now ?

Impressed by the Knicks comeback but also saw it coming I think. Had NOH 1st Q and 1st H then NYK 2nd Half . Which means shit but at least I think NYK and 207 totals = OVER . Both teams had long UNDER stretches that were halted recently . NYK is 9=4-1 ATS on no rest and avg near 225 pts per .....

Still plagued by injuries on both sides at least we know Arenas will play and the fact he is starting should mean he is looking pretty solid . Over certainly interests me but have to get a handle on who is playing

The Bucks are absolutely terrible on the road and this could be a trouble spot for them going from Tor to Orl to Miami in a b2b . Miami has had a hectic schedule as well though . Look at like this MILW is a DEAD fade for me at this point . They have to to go to NJ after this , have a day off then play host to LAL and then a b2b game @ Philly .....

End of a long trip for LAC and certainly will fade them upon returning home to host NOH . Since LAC smoked them in LAC last meeting and Houston is off a loss then Rockets 1st Quarter and 1st Half seem like definite plays ..hell maybe the whole game ...

Since the 22nd compare schedules ....Houston on the 22nd @ SAS then on the 24th @ Utah ...now 3 days off where LAC was @ Tor on the 22nd , then @ boston on the 23rd , 25th @ NYK in the OT thriller , @ SAS today and @ Houston tmrw .....insane stretch ......

The Suns and Jazz rematch certainly like the OVER 229 ! Hard to not like Utah as well...

Depending on how big the Nuggets number is thinking GSW and UNDER for some reason . Just dont see DEN getting into this game ....

Memphis game not sure of but lean UNDER I guess

Bulls , Rockets , Jazz ML parlay or 3 team teaser and use Miami to extend to a 4 team ML parlay .......to really stretch it out throw in UConn ML and I like Pitt ML as well if you want to stretch it to 6 games !

Bulls , Rockets , Jazz ML parlay or 3 team teaser and use Miami to extend to a 4 team ML parlay .......to really stretch it out throw in UConn ML and I like Pitt ML as well if you want to stretch it to 6 games !

that 3 team ML teaser is exactly what I was thinking. lol and was even consideirng miami, but they're struggles lately worry me. Not a fan of laying too much juice in that 3 teamer tho

Since Phoenix has been playing w/out Amare, they've yet to record 3 straight Over results, beiing 5-0 to Under off 2 straight Over results. They enter the Delta Center off 2 Overs their previous 2 games.

Utah is 8-0 to Under their last 8 home games.

Houston w/Yao playing is 8-2 ATS off their last 10 SU losses

16 of the Clippers last 17 road losses have been by at least 12 points (sole exception vs GS, by 7 pts).

Total in Chicago jumped from 209 to 213 in a matter of 20 minutes. What moves a total THIS dramatically?

Total in Chicago jumped from 209 to 213 in a matter of 20 minutes. What moves a total THIS dramatically?

Played the UNDER for max units. This does not make sense to me. Pacers have actually played good defense lately. They have no Troy Murphy, and if you look at the two previous matchups between the two teams its hasnt come close to 213. Only one Bulls game in the last 5 has gone over this number. None of the Pacers games have.

Under is 7-0 in Pacers last 7 overall.
Under is 6-1-1 in Pacers last 8 games playing on 2 days rest.

Plus its an early game which could mean a lots of bricks with 2 jump-shooting teams.

Was looking at the Bulls over before it jumped . I think the last 2 meetings while not high scoring had a ton of possessions and pace is the more important aspect . Next is Indy has been better defensively now for awhile but that kinda goes out the window when Daniels is out IMO. They have played a bunch of unders lately but still their ppg allowed on the road is fairly high..105 ++ ppg from what I see minus a game here and there. Next is Chi games at home have seen a ton of high scoring games.

If these teams again see 90 shots each with Granger back wouldnt expect this to go under .........Bulls should break 110 here probably 115 ...:cheers:

I dont like this movement though. This is very fishy. Very rare jumps a line in one moment 3pts. This looks like the Kings-Grizz game last night. Total started 207 and jumped to 209. Guess what, they ended with 208pts.
Early over catchers won and late unders won. Could see same here.
But I wont put my money on it. This could end up in 190's as it can hit the 220. Weird teams those 2 when it comes to totals. Especially with the Pacers riding this under streak.

Some minor interest in the Bulls in the early game although 8 doesnt present value . Just see Indy as a poor road team and Bulls are continuing there success at home so why stop now ?

Impressed by the Knicks comeback but also saw it coming I think. Had NOH 1st Q and 1st H then NYK 2nd Half . Which means shit but at least I think NYK and 207 totals = OVER . Both teams had long UNDER stretches that were halted recently . NYK is 9=4-1 ATS on no rest and avg near 225 pts per .....

Still plagued by injuries on both sides at least we know Arenas will play and the fact he is starting should mean he is looking pretty solid . Over certainly interests me but have to get a handle on who is playing

The Bucks are absolutely terrible on the road and this could be a trouble spot for them going from Tor to Orl to Miami in a b2b . Miami has had a hectic schedule as well though . Look at like this MILW is a DEAD fade for me at this point . They have to to go to NJ after this , have a day off then play host to LAL and then a b2b game @ Philly .....

End of a long trip for LAC and certainly will fade them upon returning home to host NOH . Since LAC smoked them in LAC last meeting and Houston is off a loss then Rockets 1st Quarter and 1st Half seem like definite plays ..hell maybe the whole game ...

Since the 22nd compare schedules ....Houston on the 22nd @ SAS then on the 24th @ Utah ...now 3 days off where LAC was @ Tor on the 22nd , then @ boston on the 23rd , 25th @ NYK in the OT thriller , @ SAS today and @ Houston tmrw .....insane stretch ......

The Suns and Jazz rematch certainly like the OVER 229 ! Hard to not like Utah as well...

Depending on how big the Nuggets number is thinking GSW and UNDER for some reason . Just dont see DEN getting into this game ....

Memphis game not sure of but lean UNDER I guess

NUT....
I'm liking Utah -8 and the over in the NYK/CHA game....which has dropped from 207 to 205.5...any thoughts on these, esp with the totals move, thanks.:shake:

line move for the DET/WAS game from WAS +5.5 to +4...so Arenas is playing and expected to start but what abou the rest of the lineup? anyone know?

Where is B.A.R. advice on DET?

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="17%">Player</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="3%"> </TD><TD class=datahl2 width="36%">Status/Updated</TD><TD class=datahl2 width="3%">
</TD><TD class=datahl2 width="10%">
Current​
Current​
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Rasheed Wallace </TD><TD class=datacell>F</TD><TD class=datacell>Prob Sat - Calf - 3/28/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesAfter missing extensive time with a strained calf, he is expected to make his return Saturday against Washington. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>4-5</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>6-2-1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Richard Hamilton </TD><TD class=datacell>G</TD><TD class=datacell>Prob Sat - Groin - 3/28/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesHas recovered enough from his strained groin that he is probable to play Saturday against Washington. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>2-3</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>3-1-1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Allen Iverson </TD><TD class=datacell>G</TD><TD class=datacell>Out indefinitely - Back - 3/21/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesHe has been out since late Febuary with a back injury. He will miss Thursday's game versus the Lakers and there is no time table for his return. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>9-6</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>9-5-1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahead colSpan=6>Washington Wizards | In-Depth </TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b colSpan=4> </TD><TD class=datahl2c>ATS*
</TD><TD class=datahl2c>O/U*</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="17%">Player</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="3%"> </TD><TD class=datahl2 width="36%">Status/Updated</TD><TD class=datahl2 width="3%">
Current​
Current​
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Gilbert Arenas </TD><TD class=datacell>G</TD><TD class=datacell>Prob Sat - Knee - 3/28/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesIs on track to make his season debut Saturday against Detroit. Arenas has had three knee surgeries over the past 18 months. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>27-44-2</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>34-37-2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Mike James </TD><TD class=datacell>G</TD><TD class=datacell>Prob Sat - Finger - 3/28/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesHas been out with a finger injury. Upgraded to probable Saturday against Detroit. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>0-0</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>0-0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Caron Butler </TD><TD class=datacell>F</TD><TD class=datacell>Prob Sat - Hamstring - 3/27/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesHE will play in Saturday's game against Detroit despite tightness in his left hamstring. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>4-3</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>2-5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Darius Songaila </TD><TD class=datacell>F</TD><TD class=datacell>Ques Sat - Neck - 3/27/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesSongaila is questionable for Saturday's game against Detroit with a pinched nerve in his neck. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>1-0</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>0-1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Juan Dixon </TD><TD class=datacell>G</TD><TD class=datacell>Doub Sat - Ankle - 3/27/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesDixon is doubtful for Saturday's game against Detroit with a strained right achilles and ankle tendinitis. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>1-0</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>0-1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Brendan Haywood </TD><TD class=datacell>C</TD><TD class=datacell>Out indefinitely - Wrist - 3/15/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesHaywood has been cleared for full-contact practice. The Washington posts states that "It's possible, but not likely" that Haywood will play this season. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>27-44-2</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>34-37-2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Deshawn Stevenson </TD><TD class=datacell>G</TD><TD class=datacell>out for season - Back - 3/12/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesHe underwent successful surgery to repair a herniated disk in his back. His season is over and is probable for 09-10 pre season. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>9-15-1</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>14-11</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Etan Thomas </TD><TD class=datacell>C</TD><TD class=datacell>Out indefinitely - Knee - 3/4/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesHe will not be able to run for 2-4 weeks after tearing his MCL. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>12-22-2</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>20-16</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NUT....
I'm liking Utah -8 and the over in the NYK/CHA game....which has dropped from 207 to 205.5...any thoughts on these, esp with the totals move, thanks.:shake:

Played Utah already like seemingly everyone else has and being cautious on the Knicks total with NateRobinson possibly being suspended . So really not getting involved in the Knick game at this point until that is cleared up and would suspect the line movement is in anticipation of his suspension.

Nate Robinson is clearly in Mike D'Antoni's doghouse Friday after picking up a technical foul for a mini-altercation with Chris Paul, being benched for the entire second quarter after committing a turnover, and making contact with an official that could result in a suspension.

Robinson, who played just 19 and 18 minutes in his last two games, appeared to shove referee Ken Mauer during the fracas and could easily be hit with a one-game suspension because of it. He's fantastic when things are going well, but is also one of the more unpredictable players in the league who may never get along with his coaches. Keep an eye out for the suspension and then weigh your options carefully before putting him in your lineup next week.:cheers:

I dont like this movement though. This is very fishy. Very rare jumps a line in one moment 3pts. This looks like the Kings-Grizz game last night. Total started 207 and jumped to 209. Guess what, they ended with 208pts.
Early over catchers won and late unders won. Could see same here.
But I wont put my money on it. This could end up in 190's as it can hit the 220. Weird teams those 2 when it comes to totals. Especially with the Pacers riding this under streak.

I think Pacers at home and Bulls away are more the UNDER spots for these teams . Pacers are now 10-0 UNDER L10 home games dating back to around Feb 1st . While being 6-6-1 O/U on the road in that span which includes 3 straight unders recently but all lopsided efforts that if more competitive may have produced overs ..Indy score 106 last away game , allowed 110 and 101 before that in the losses.

If we look at the game @ ATL which is astrong under team at home the total was set at 207 ......

While CHI is something like 10-5-1 Over at home last 16 games with a bunch of the unders being games decided by 20+ points (at least 3 of the 5) ..

:shake:

most of that line move occured after the morning shoot around for the wiz so I am going to bet on butler being in and take the wiz on an emotional night getting arenas back

so the starting lineup for the wiz, could be crittenden, butler, jamison,blatche and jamison, with arenas off the bench.(though now i read arenas would start if he plays) ..potential for a lot of shots, not always good ones but i may have to bite on the over again depending on the lineups. if rip and wallace are in for detroit, thats a lot more 3's that will be chucked....

hopefully they play well together.. i took over 190,, pretty big...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=8 height=18>Detroit </TD><TD class=ysptblhdr align=right colSpan=8 height=18></TD></TR><TR class="ysptblthbody1 yspboxscore-columnheader-row" align=right><TD class="yspdetailttl player" align=left width="17%" height=18>Starters </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="4%"></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">Min</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">FG</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="6%">3Pt</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="6%">FT</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="6%">+/-</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">Off</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">Reb</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">Ast</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">TO</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">Stl</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">BS</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">BA</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">PF</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">Pts </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left>A. Afflalo </TD><TD class=player>G </TD><TD>0:00</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=player align=left>R. Stuckey </TD><TD class=player>G </TD><TD>0:00</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left>K. Brown </TD><TD class=player>C </TD><TD>0:00</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=player align=left>A. McDyess </TD><TD class=player>F </TD><TD>0:00</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left>T. Prince </TD><TD class=player>F </TD><TD>0:00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left>J. Crittenton </TD><TD class=player>G </TD><TD>0:00</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=player align=left>N. Young </TD><TD class=player>G </TD><TD>0:00</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left>A. Blatche </TD><TD class=player>C </TD><TD>0:00</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=player align=left>A. Jamison </TD><TD class=player>F </TD><TD>0:00</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left>D. McGuire </TD><TD class=player>F </TD><TD>0:00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

this is what yahoo has listed for starters..................they just updated their pages to add arenas , butler .......and hamilton

Last edited:
Looking at 2 plays tonight. At least 2 plays worth posting. The first one is conditional. If the scoring in the Portland game is around the mid 90s or higher then I will play the third quarter under which willl probably be around 48. Have already bet this small. Understand that the last game probably ticked Memphis off so a fairly high scoring first half would make sense. But both teams went way over their season averages in the last game and both are looking at high scoring opponents ahead and have an under history. Also the last 2 times these teams played the third quarter was sleepy time.
The second play has been made. Suns plus 9. The Suns played 6 very good games in a row and then had a bad game playing b-b at Portland. They are bouncing off that game and I see them as a much deeper team than before.. Last 10 at the site they would be 7-3 with this number. Yesterday Dallas and New Orleans both lost. This has improved their playoff chances considerably. Especially NO who looks fairly weak now. Utah has not been blasting playoff hopefuls at home. Denver lost by 6 and Houston 7. The spreads were 8.5 and 9.5. Utah was the public play and the public play lost again. Expect Utah to win and Suns cover. GL

Washington pick in the third. In their last 5 home games Washington has flip flopped their su result in the first quarter. Washington stats have been steadily improving and i have to wonder how long Detroit can shoot .615%

Pretty even game really. Detroit was godlike shooting 3's but Washington had more steals, and shot their free throws better. Tight game and somebody won.

Since Phoenix has been playing w/out Amare, they've yet to record 3 straight Over results, beiing 5-0 to Under off 2 straight Over results. They enter the Delta Center off 2 Overs their previous 2 games.

Utah is 8-0 to Under their last 8 home games.

Looks like they'll need in excess of a 100 pt 4th period for this one to go Over - 2 OT periods won't save anyone here

Gentry has real coaching problems. Has played Shaq much too much. Shaq has no one on this team he matches up to guard. Should be playing the younger players mostly. Even Nash should have played half as much. The young guys will work. The older players still need time off. This bench is very solid now but a coach would help.

Forgot the third quarter play. Only 84 points in the first half. Will run off my small early bet. Pretty annoying honestly.

Took over 47.5. If the history under was not so good would make a value bet over for real.

If you thought the Pistons could throw it away in the 2H, the Jazz are showing how to do it properly.

An absolute clinic so far.

Gentry is just terrible. Why was Nash guarding Devon there at the end. Does Gentry have any sense? Give Richardson to a Russian team, get a good coach and the young players on this team could make waves. Losing this game now which is likely may crush the team.

Back