Saturday NBA (5 Unit Play)

fine. ill do it. but i dont like it one bit. if it wins you deserve credit. if it losses well shit.

you just got your arm twisted!!

I'm waiting a little longer to pull the trigger. I'd like to see some line movement first.

hahah

hahaha yeah its like he won something really big.... heres melo after being elbowed by dirk hehe :10_5_137:

you just got your arm twisted!!

I'm waiting a little longer to pull the trigger. I'd like to see some line movement first.

Iwrote this thread on 3/4 of a pint of rum and 4 pain pills. You gotta be nuts to take anything I said in this thread seriously! :drinking:

+44 Units this week...

LA Clippers -? Possibly the ML (At least 5 units)

I know it sits at 4 now, but I expect to get 3.5 here. This line IMO is a joke. Denver is off a B2B and a huge win vs. Dallas. I noticed the Denver players celebrating after the win like they won the NBA finals. This was a HUGE game for Denver, and they got the job done. But it's going to take a lot for you to convince me that Denver can get up for this game after that huge win in a B2B situation on the road. So far this season series is split. The Clips sit 1 game back from Denver for the 7 seed. But only hold 1 game on GSW for the 8th seed. The situation is a great fade of Denver off the emotional win playing b2b, but it is also a good spot for the Clippers. After tonight, the Clips head out on a 2 game road trip: At Dallas and NOK, then take on the Lakers at Staples in which the Lakers are the home team that game. Realistically, this could be an 0-3 stretch, pending the health of the Hornets. This is truly a MUST WIN for the Clippers. I know Denver is hot and playing great ball. But everyone else knows that, too. Denver will get a majority of the public action tonight at this #. (A number that is clearly undervaluing the Clippers!)

Key Stat: In the last 5 games, the Clippers are holding opponents to 93 points per game. Denver is 2-23 when scoring under 100 points this season. The 2nd win came last night vs. Dallas.

Orlando Magic - ?

I don't need to hear any bullshit about the Magic and how bad they suck. I know that, and I know they will be 1 and done in the playoffs. But this is a great spot. Orlando is #8, just 1 game back from NJ for #7. And just 1 game up on Indiana for #8. The motivation and blowout factor is here because NJ just lost and Indiana just won last night. Orlando is coming off 2 BRUTAL beats: An overtime loss to the lowly T-Wolves at home and a home loss to the Raptors, in which they blew a 10pt lead. Memphis is playing b2b with an already short bench. They fought hard vs. Golden State, but blew a lead late in the 4th. Now they must travel ACROSS COUNTRY in b2b situation to take on an Orlando team fighting for their playoff lives. Orlando goes away for a 3 game road trip after this game. Obviously it's a must-win, and I see no letdown from them after blowing that lead last game vs. Toronto.

Key stat: Memphis actually beat Orlando SU early in the year by 9 at home in a game which Orlando was favored.

GL :cheers:
will toronto be able to win big despite being a half court oriented team? the grizz are apparently the run n gun type..will the magic cover ? tnx:bow:

I like a lot of angles here, and will be on the Clipps as well. GL to us :D.

good thread :cheers:

I love your write-ups Believe, probably will trail 'em, will watch the lines.

LMAO Linewatcher's new avatar. That new Covers advertisement is so funny, because I really don't think it gets the wanted message through. I would pick the tout any day :shake:

Allen Iverson, who remained in Friday's win over Dallas after falling on his right hip, said that he wasn't certain he could play on Saturday.

The Answer is still nursing a sore left elbow, so it's possible that he could take the night off in order to rest both ailments.

Knowing Iverson and the impact of tonight's game, I believe he will play. Right now my book is offering 5. I'm hoping to get 4.

if AI is out im not playing the clips and may bet against teh injury and take the nuggs but i gotta get the official word on him first.

betting against injuries is the squarest of teh square bets

will toronto be able to win big despite being a half court oriented team? the grizz are apparently the run n gun type..will the magic cover ? tnx:bow:

Im assuming you mean Orlando. Yes they will easily win. Now it's just a matter of covering the line and not allowing a backdoor. I don't Memphis will have a lot left in the tank after a tough game vs. GSW last night, then the flight across country. I might look at a 1H play, but after ORL blew that Toronto lead last game, I think once they go up DD, the lead will only expand.

if AI is out im not playing the clips and may bet against teh injury and take the nuggs but i gotta get the official word on him first.

We used to hear this all the time w/ Allen in Philly. He simply NEVER misses a game. And the game is so big, he will be playing tonight. :shake:

believe are you all right? last night you called @ lakers a road game for da paper cilps and today your saying memphis to orlando is a cross country trip. your better than this.

believe are you all right? last night you called @ lakers a road game for da paper cilps and today your saying memphis to orlando is a cross country trip. your better than this.

Thank you for pointing out! I wasn't all right at the time of write-up, no.

believe hook me up with your capping ability on the WNBA !

Right now I don't even know the rosters LOL. Hopefully I can do some more reading and be ready by the start of the season, but I don't know how much time I will have this summer to put forth full effort.

Back