Saturday MLB Discussion

Any opinion SN on the Det/ Sea game kinda like Sea. They have been playing well of late .

DET has the pitching advantage and I think that they also have the motivation advantage, as their season is not totally ruined just yet, whereas Seattle is pretty much eliminated already.

I guess I had a tough time laying -126 and thats why I stayed away, but I do like DET a little better in that match-up.

Strikezone seems big from Guccione in the White Sox game...

What about Ariz/SD who do you like I'm kinda leaning towards SD

That one I'm totally clueless on. Both teams have really been struggling, Peavy hasn't been great in AZ in the past...but Peavy has the clear pitching advantage...

In considering that LAA/TOR total, you have to wonder about the Murphy's Law aspect.

Lackey is a perfect 9-0 to Under this season, with his totals not once closing less than 7.0 - so he finally crosses the rubicon into 6.5 territory the moment Roy waltzes into town, with both pitchers off their first shutouts of the season - only Roy is 5-1-1 to Over his last 7 starts where the loser wasn't shut out (8.85 runs/game avg).

Angels in batting form coming out of their double-shutout swoon not long back (0, 0, 1, 1 thru 4 games). Outside of the lone home result in that swoon (bolded), they've scored 6, 6, 4, 5, 7 & 8 run totals their last 6 home games. This anemic bunch are feeling it.
And for all their batting woes, the BJs have only been held to less than 3 runs over 3 straight games once this season (incorporating the only time they've been shutout in consecutive games). They've scored 2 runs in each of their last 2.

Lackey finally gets the 6.5 he's deserved all along - it'd be fitting in baseball terms under the umbrella of Murphy's law that its precisely now he registers his first Over of the season.

anyone notice - with Detroit again sitting at exactly .500 - that...

Detroit is 7-3 their last 10 w/Hunter Wendelstedt BHP
Seattle is 3-7 their last 10 w/Hunter Wendelstedt BHP

Over hits in 4.5 inns in LA.

All hail Murphy's Law.

Real glad I didn't play it
lie.gif

Nut this is me talking as a fan of baseball and not really as a bettor, but Greg Smith, I believe, leads the league in both pick offs and steals against. Interesting dichotomy there.

Floyd is the kind of pitcher that I don't like seeing facing the A's. He's not going to walk them, and the A's aren't going to hit him hard because they don't really hit anybody hard. The other thing is that the A's are coming off 17 hits yesterday and they never come back with good offense on the 2nd day. Obviously its too late now for either of us to be convinced so I'll stop typing...but thats the thought here.

Excellent points . That game was a killer for my nite lost 5 units on the total but managed to lose less then a unit all night plus the 9 + I won earlier kept it a good day . Should have been great though ...few things I lost was either minor plays or big plays . All my medium plays seemed to hit .....

I think the point I relate to most is Oak off the 17 hits . I didnt expect Oak to win here just expected 3 runs but your point is a very good one . Oak is known to drop a 10 spot and then a 1 spot this year ..

I think my biggest issue has bene playing alot of Oak overs the past 2 weeks and for large sums .....killing my profits !

Seems like you did well though outside of Balt who collapsed .

Good work :shake:

In considering that LAA/TOR total, you have to wonder about the Murphy's Law aspect.

Lackey is a perfect 9-0 to Under this season, with his totals not once closing less than 7.0 - so he finally crosses the rubicon into 6.5 territory the moment Roy waltzes into town, with both pitchers off their first shutouts of the season - only Roy is 5-1-1 to Over his last 7 starts where the loser wasn't shut out (8.85 runs/game avg).

Angels in batting form coming out of their double-shutout swoon not long back (0, 0, 1, 1 thru 4 games). Outside of the lone home result in that swoon (bolded), they've scored 6, 6, 4, 5, 7 & 8 run totals their last 6 home games. This anemic bunch are feeling it.
And for all their batting woes, the BJs have only been held to less than 3 runs over 3 straight games once this season (incorporating the only time they've been shutout in consecutive games). They've scored 2 runs in each of their last 2.

Lackey finally gets the 6.5 he's deserved all along - it'd be fitting in baseball terms under the umbrella of Murphy's law that its precisely now he registers his first Over of the season.

Pissed I missed this. I said in a PM that I expected LAckey to get hit today and played Tor ML. However I didnt realize the under trend as this was a perfect spot to lose it especially since Lackey was seeing Tor for 3rd time in 6 weeks.....:shake:

Back