Saturday just take me out back and kick me in the nuts MLB Discussion

Oakland ml 7u, over tt 4 u and over 3u
Over @ seattle 6u
brewers7 u, tt o er 5u
Brewers and over 3 u parlay
over @ zona 11u
Under @ sd 4u

Was in the other room. Remy mentioned a huge strike zone which would be good for Lester and Under maybe.
What do you think?

Feel bad for lincecum. Guy's velocity falls off, has an awful delivery bound for control struggles/eventual injury. Now bochy is killing his arm to do something that's literally been done 100-200 times before in a 9-0 gam no less. What bochy's doing now is really shitty for the guy's career.

He can't take him out even if it's the "right" thing to do. I don't think any pitcher with a no-no that deep would want to be pulled. Timmy really needs something like this after the last couple years he's had. They have the ASB coming up, and he will have extra rest too.

He can't take him out even if it's the "right" thing to do. I don't think any pitcher with a no-no that deep would want to be pulled. Timmy really needs something like this after the last couple years he's had. They have the ASB coming up, and he will have extra rest too.

When you have that much torque on your delivery, there are inherent risks with throwing 50% more pitches than you're used to throwing, regardless of rest. Granted he's never had arm issues, but the risk outweighs the reward by SO much.

The idea that Bochy can't take him out is asinine, guy has 2 World Series rings as the manager. If lincecum even fought it the discussion would last about 10 seconds.

When you have that much torque on your delivery, there are inherent risks with throwing 50% more pitches than you're used to throwing, regardless of rest. Granted he's never had arm issues, but the risk outweighs the reward by SO much.

The idea that Bochy can't take him out is asinine, guy has 2 World Series rings as the manager. If lincecum even fought it the discussion would last about 10 seconds.

He has to take him out in the after 6th after he's over 100 (even that would almost never happen), but not in the 8th or 9th. 10-15 extra pitches in the 9th isn't going to do any long term damage. I cant think of a manager ever taking out a pitcher who had a no-hitter in the 8th or 9th. It will never happen. Edwin Jackson threw a no-no with 149 pitches a few years back.

He has to take him out in the after 6th after he's over 100 (even that would almost never happen), but not in the 8th or 9th. 10-15 extra pitches in the 9th isn't going to do any long term damage. I cant think of a manager ever taking out a pitcher who had a no-hitter in the 8th or 9th. It will never happen. Edwin Jackson threw a no-no with 149 pitches a few years back.

We just fundamentally disagree, the idea that pitch count consideration in a no hitter gets thrown out the window once you're past 120 pitches has about 3 different layers of wrong to it.

The manager has to protect the player from himself. The biggest problem is the notion that a no hitter is worth it, and the fact that these old school "baseball man" managers actually agree with that 1970's approach.

If your basketball team was up 104-72 with 3 mins left and you had a guy with 43 points,it'd be idiotic to keep him in to score 50 right? Nobody even considers doing that, right? Then why the fuck do baseball managers have this archaic viewpoint and lack any common sense? "Because it's a no hitter" isn't a valid answer.

We just fundamentally disagree, the idea that pitch count consideration in a no hitter gets thrown out the window once you're past 120 pitches has about 3 different layers of wrong to it.

The manager has to protect the player from himself. The biggest problem is the notion that a no hitter is worth it, and the fact that these old school "baseball man" managers actually agree with that 1970's approach.

If your basketball team was up 104-72 with 3 mins left and you had a guy with 43 points,it'd be idiotic to keep him in to score 50 right? Nobody even considers doing that, right? Then why the fuck do baseball managers have this archaic viewpoint and lack any common sense? "Because it's a no hitter" isn't a valid answer.

I don't disagree with your logic. No-hitters have become the only single achievement in team sports that alters how managers treat game situations (getting 50 points in a basketball game does not compare), rightly or wrongly. All I was saying was that no manager will make the decision to take out a pitcher with a no-hitter going. It's just the way it is. Just like how pitch counts are such a big part of the game now, it won't change. Managers will only get "punished" by the media and in the locker room for making that decision. It's just not worth the trouble.

try to picture yourself as the pitcher with no-no .......will u take urself out after 100 pitches?
he had 2 cy young and 2 world series rings....only missing is the no-no....now he needs the perfect game...lol

Back