Saturday base with short writeups

Davek

Cars F5 -.5 -145
40 year old starter coming off tommy john surgery, hasn't pitched a major league game in two years, and had a high 4 era in the spring. Cards at home and need a win bad. Wacha also coming back from injury but significantly younger and has looked good in spring. He is touching the gun int he high 90's and developed an effective curveball. Great dialogue going on about the cards in virginacavs thread. I agree nothing about this cards lineup scares you, but there are a lot of good hitters that should take advantage of arrojo. I'm not buying into the reds start. Their YOUNG pitchers have looked good but their lineup is well below average.
Cards -.5 F5 2900 to win 2000

Wsox F5 -135 and F5 -.5 even
Twins have been impressive but I see them taking their first loss today. Mejia is not good and should be hit around by this righty dominate lineup. Wsox offense has looked good so far this season. Gonzalez finished the year strong last year and i see him fairing better then Mejia.
Wsox F5 405 to win 300
Wsox F5 -.5 300 to win 300

Record Update
FG ML/RL (17-7) +1,635
1st 5 (5-6) -370
FG o/u (3-5-2) -425
1st 5 o/u (4-2) +2,100
Total +2940

Cubs FG -190 RL -125, F5 -.5 -135
Hendricks almost won the cy young last year. He is legit. This brewers lineup is nothing special and is not the reason their record looks competitive so far this season. Their bullpen has been impressive but I think they are pitching way above their heads. Milone is garbage, he is well below average journey man. This cubs lineup should tee off on him, I mean how "due" is this cubs lineup for a breakout big game? I see milone lasting 4 innings at best and the game being well in hand when he leaves, then give me another crack at this brewers middle relief with this cubs lineup. PLAY OF THE DAY ALL IN
Cubs FG 3800 to win 2000
Cubs RL 1250 to win 1000
Cubs F5 -.5 2700 to win 2000

quick rant: why do most baseball managers just simply write off a game when it gets to extra innings??? A win is a win. I am so sick of this montgomery kid on the cubs. They are going to waste a lot of potential late game wins when madden just throws this kid in to extra innings games and lets him fall apart. The minute he came in last night in the 9th I text my friend that our bet was a loss.

Very nice start to the season and good luck today. Agree Cubs should be the correct side again. Criminal to leave Montgomery out there to 40+ pitches over 3 innings.

Washington F5 +120 F5 over 4.5, FG over 8.5
Guthrie is 38 and on the last go around of his career. He pitched well in spring but he is def capable of giving up some runs here. The nationals bullpen is a mess. Philly is a hitters park. Nola has always had potential but how long does potential last until you realize someone might just not be that good, were going on season 3 here. He pitched awful in the 2nd half of last year and had a terrible spring. I like the nationals offense to get to him. Phillies bullpen is below average. I see a lot of runs, just in case guthrie pithes well I'll hedge with a washingotn F5 play.
Wash F5 +120 500 to win 600
F5 over 4.5 660 to win 600
FG over 8.5 1100 to win 1000

San Fran F5 -.5 -145
Bumgarner top 2 starter in the MLB and apparently one of the better hitters. Chacin is decent. But I'll take the far superior pitcher and better lineup. Still don't trust the SF bullpen so will stick with a F5 play. no lineup out yet for SF but I assume pence and posey back in after sitting yesterday.
Sf F5 -.5 725 to win 500

Arizona F5 -105, F5 +.5 -145
The Dbacks offense is hitting on all cylinders right now. The park helps, but either way they are going to put up runs. Greinke is an ace. He isn't what he used to be but he is still an excellent pitcher. Bauer is decent, not bad at all, but in this park dbacks should get 3 off of him. Indians have a much better bullpen so I'll stick to a F5 play
F5 zona 790 to win 750
F5 -.5 1085 t win 750

Back