Saturday 3:00 PM EST: Hawaii Warriors at Utah State

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Notes:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My apologies for the huge miss last week in that Idaho game. Talk about an unmerciful beating. I have not missed on a Hawaii game that bad in a almost a year, since I called MSU -9 over Hawaii in the opening basketball game of last year.
angry.gif
Since that time, I have gone 21-7-1 (Not including several huge ML dog winners) in Hawaii/WAC games for over $10,000+ (thank you future attorney and Yag marriage activist Fondybadger for doing the thread history check on the various forums (covers has shortened our post history for some reason)).[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For the newbies here (guys who registered in the last couple of months), and there are a lot every football season, I don’t respond in my posts on Covers due to the insanity that often results, lol. Questions like “what is your record?” can be answered by a thread history check here or other forums. I am more than willing to chat on AIM or Messenger or in other forum posts ….. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I post for fun and hobby. If my posts and information I provide help you win money by either riding or fading my play than it is all icing on the cake…..[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Remember David Klinger from Houston? 54 TD’s for the single season TD record? Don’t look now, but Colt Brennan is on pace to beat this record. So Brennan is just flinging the ball around? Nope, how about Shaun King of Tulane and his single season Passing efficiency record? Yep, Brennan is on pace to break that too. National media outlets are picking it up quick…….you are seeing Brennan being mentioned everywhere for Heisman Darkhorse and he is racking up votes. He has no chance of winning this year, but I guarantee this, he will be a Top 5 Heisman hopeful going into next year……Yes, he is a product of the system, but I will say it again…Colorado had this convicted felon for a reason…..he is the best QB I have seen in college football this year…. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Bookmark this so you can come back next year and laugh at me when I am way off base……but Hawaii will finish this season as a Top 25 Team. Next year, Hawaii will be a pre-season Top 25 with a Top 5 Heisman Candidate. Hawaii returns almost its entire defense, all of its receivers, and a very deep offensive line. Hawaii catches Fresno and Boise at Home and has an easy schedule…….Hawaii will run the table like Boise this year and make waves in the BCS….(losing our 550 pound backfield will hurt, but Jones has hinted we have an incredible/star running back that cannot be named yet due to NCAA regulations).
surprised.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Hawaii laying huge points this year is not scary anymore….although June Jones is merciful……this team/players are not….. Hawaii’s second string QB is Tyler Graunke, most people don’t realize he was Hawaii’s starting QB for the first two games of last year. Graunke is bad ass QB in his own right and would be a starting QB at 90% of the colleges right now. As such, when this kid comes in…..he wants to score and has been doing just that, running it up. Add to that a much deeper and more talented second string and you have a recipe for 68-10 slaughtering of teams like Idaho……..[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My Pick and Reasons Why:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have NOT seen Utah State play this year.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20 degree weather at game time?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will add my pick later, However, if the clear weather holds…..I see no way for Utah State to even stay close with Hawaii……..[/FONT]

I thought I saw a high of 54degrees for Saturday, low of 30... It is a 3pm game so I do not think it will be that cold..

Anyway,

I have made my biggest play of the wk on Hawaii -14.5 first half..

Basically, Hawaii is avging 34points/game in the first half in their last four game against teams that could all beat Utah St.

Utah St does not have the horses to come close to going score for scoring with this monster offense nor do they have the talent to slow it down...

Looking for Hawaii to runaway quickly in the first half..

Hawaiiguy,

We'll get um back. I did check the weather myself and agree with everythingsgreen that it shouldn't be that cold. On top of that, I think Jones gets them up there a bit early (leave Weds I believe) to adjust to the altitude and the cold.

In my opinion, while it will be noticed, I don't believe it will be that big of a deal. I am leaning to a 1st Half bet here myself on Hawaii.

ssgkaapana said:
Hawaiiguy,

We'll get um back. I did check the weather myself and agree with everythingsgreen that it shouldn't be that cold. On top of that, I think Jones gets them up there a bit early (leave Weds I believe) to adjust to the altitude and the cold.

In my opinion, while it will be noticed, I don't believe it will be that big of a deal. I am leaning to a 1st Half bet here myself on Hawaii.

"Meant the weather will be noticed, but not a big deal"

everythingthatsgreen said:
I thought I saw a high of 54degrees for Saturday, low of 30... It is a 3pm game so I do not think it will be that cold..

Anyway,

I have made my biggest play of the wk on Hawaii -14.5 first half..

Basically, Hawaii is avging 34points/game in the first half in their last four game against teams that could all beat Utah St.

Utah St does not have the horses to come close to going score for scoring with this monster offense nor do they have the talent to slow it down...

Looking for Hawaii to runaway quickly in the first half..

Convincing shit ETG, like the play a lot.

i checked the weather for logan on saturday, it said mid 50s and clear skies.... id never play utah st, dunno if id take hawaii either though

FWIW.......Hawaii lost a signifcant portion of its Defensive Line this week......In fact three of our huge ass samoan linemen may be out for the year, these three play a ton, although not starters.......Hawaii will be trying out some reserve offensive linemen on defense this week......offensive linemen, and underclassmen to boot, cannot be helpful in stopping the run......

Still no play yet......

LINK

cool.gif

No one listens to me. I said Brennan should be the 1st QB taken in the draft when he comes out. The dude is a stud. He will be an excellent NFL QB IMO....

xXx

jester2trife said:
No one listens to me.
xXx

That's because, mixed in with the good stuff, you make statements like Chris Leak is better than Jay Cutler :spank:

Fuckin with you, I agree that Brennan has a shitload more polish than a lot of these guys that everyone has a hard-on for.

I'm sorry, but IMO Brennen is no better than your yearly 5,000 yd, 40+ TD passer at Texas Tech.

Yeah he is fantastic playing for HAWAII. He is clearly a product of the system.

No go ahead and eat my soul...

:wacka wacka:

J Galt said:
That's because, mixed in with the good stuff, you make statements like Chris Leak is better than Jay Cutler :spank:

Fuckin with you, I agree that Brennan has a shitload more polish than a lot of these guys that everyone has a hard-on for.

Wow, thats an old one Galt. But you know I meant in college, and Leak had better talent around him and whatnot. But you know what I meant...

violin

baseballfan396 said:
I'm sorry, but IMO Brennen is no better than your yearly 5,000 yd, 40+ TD passer at Texas Tech.

Youre a Domer fan, so this comment was almost specifically directed at you. Forget the hype and media crap...Cause Brennan is right there with Quinn, better IMO. I like Brady, unlike alot of other people. But Brennan aint no Timmy Chang. He throws alot, yes, but he also is very mobile and possesses a NFL caliber arm. Chang threw ducks, Brennan throws darts. People will see. Whoever drafts Brennan, will get a steal and a future NFL star...

xXx

baseballfan396 said:

I think you are missing the point.....Brennan is putting up those numbers at the highest efficiency rate ever.....So, yes he is product of the system, but this guy is incredibly accurate. In his first year, he put up better numbers than Timmy Chang's 6th Year.

All i can say to people....watch this guy play.....you will freak out....

i love hawaii but ill hold off this week most likely

oh and i love the state...i am in H-Town Texas and i thought about moving out to Kauai or North shore Hawaii after visiting both...then realized i couldnt afford it...i need to win a ton of games over the next few weekends to build up that type of scratch

What's anyone think of Hawaii -6.5 -123 1Q. It cashed for me last week on a huge play but at -140. They just jump out to commanding leads... don't see Utah State scoring more than 7 here... and in that case I feel Hawaii can hang 14 strongly.

Great thread as usual HG. I am also on the first half HAWAII -14.

Inspekdah - I am also taking a hard look at the first quarter on Hawaii. Just doing some number first. Looks like a strong bet regardless of the odds.

HG: I read something in Gold Sheet that got me on the BOWS.

Even though this is their last mainland trip, hard to ignore they put up 68 in 2 of the last 3 teams, while the other team has a total of 55 points in its first seven games COMBINED.

CollegeKingRex said:
HG: I read something in Gold Sheet that got me on the BOWS.

Even though this is their last mainland trip, hard to ignore they put up 68 in 2 of the last 3 teams, while the other team has a total of 55 points in its first seven games COMBINED.

no doubt ckr, this team is a machine, we dont even punt until we are up by 30........i think our punter has punted like 5 times in last 5 games....

Hawaii creams everyone.....

Small Play Guys........

- I hate making plays on teams that i have not seen play, no matter how shitty they are....again, i have not seen Utah State play this year.....

- Lot of respected cappers i know like Hawaii here.....and CKR pointed out that Utah State has scored 55 points.....in 7 games TOTAL!

- Weather is holding out nicely....also, a lot of people say Hawaii will have a hard time in the cold, although i tend to agree.....keep in mind, that if you look up and down Hawaii's roster....from Brennan to all of our receivers, this team is made up of many kids from the mainland.....

- If Hawaii has a bad day.....they will score 42+ points.....Can Utah State score 21+?.......rather take my chances on Hawaii scoring quite a bit than Utah State scoring well above their average.......

SMALL PLAY.....ALMOST A LEAN DUE TO NOT SEEING UTAH STATE PLAY.....

HAWAII -24 1/2 330 TO WIN 300

Good Luck in whatever you play.....

cool.gif

:cheers:
cashflowmatters said:
HG: Your team is a wrecking machine:shake:

:cheers: :wacka wacka: :shake:

Sorry for baggin' out during the ingame, had a real emergency at St Francis hospital.

GG today:smiley_acbe:

Back