sandwiches

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
Here is my list of major sandwich spots this year in ncaa football. Feel free to add any that you find.

georgia
october 18 vanderbilt -- The week prior the bulldogs have a revenge game against Tennessee and the week after the bulldogs travel to death valley to play defending national champion lsu

september 20 arizona state -- not nearly the sandwich listed above but falling between a road revenge game at south carolina and a home game to alabama who took them to overtime last year has to be considered a sandwich. Throw in the travel of going out to south carolina , and then all the way to arizona and it looks like a bad spot for georgia.

florida
october 25 home to kentucky --host lsu the week before and have the huge game vs the dancing bulldogs the week after. This has to be one of the best spots to bet kentucky all year unless florida is upset by lsu.

nov 8 at vanderbilt --the big game vs georgia in jacksonville listed above is the week prior and the week following they host former coach spurrier and south carolina.

lsu
october 18 at south carolina -- at florida the week before and home to georgia the week after. That is a sandwich with some major bread and meat.

Auburn
schedule sets up nicely for this team. I don't consider any of their games to be major sandwiches.

Alabama
nov 15 home to miss st --bama is at lsu, saban returns to death valley. The week after is the iron bowl with Auburn. HUGE sandwich spot in a normal year but bama does have major revenge after losing to miss st last year. may not get same lookahead here as a normal season.

tennessee
oct 18 mississippi state -- follows big game and physical game at georgia and precedes home game to bama.

south carolina
I see a couple of bad spots for south carolina but no major sandwiches to speak of.

mississippi state
sep 20 at georgia tech --stuck between home to auburn and at lsu
nov 22 home to arkansas --stuck between at alabama ( major revenge for bama there ) and at ole miss for state bragging rights.

ole Miss
check out this schedule in the middle of the year. you figure it out.
sep 27 at florida
oct 4 south carolina
oct 18 at bama
oct 25 at arkansas
nov 1 aubrun

ouch.

arkansas
nov 22 at miss st --between at south carolina and a home game in little rock vs lsu.

kentucky
Several very tough spots for kentucky. The major sandwich spot will be at miss st
nov 1 at miss st --have a top five team in a game at florida the week before and host a top five team in georgia the week after. good luck getting up for miss st , wildcats.......Although this is a revenge game for them after falling to miss st 14-31 at home last year. If georgia is number 1 in the country going into the week of nov 1 , miss st is gonna be a play more than likely.

here is their october schedule. pretty tough.
oct 4 at bama
oct 11 south carolina
oct 18 arkansas
oct 25 at florida

vanderbilt
Vandy is going to be down this year. With teams like this , i am not sure the sandwich philosophy will apply as they might just get up for any game they think they can win. feel free to post any games on their schedule that you feel are sandwiches. home to duke would seem to apply but they will want the win and how much can the books favor them by when they look to be 2-5 or 1-6 heading into that game ?

Those are my sec sandwiches , feel free to add any that you see. Be back in a few with my big ten sandwiches. Also , feel free to correct any typos or scheduling errors i may have made.

Hey Bluechip .... what is the deal with this out of conference schedule ?? looks like a syracuse basketball ooc schedule.

appy st
troy
north texas
tulane

no out of conference road games ?

not becoming of a program like lsu.

...but typical.

I was really hoping for a UNLV sandwich spot VK, but then I saw they played my Aztecs the last game of the season, thus eliminating their biggest potential for a sandwich game.

iowa state might count as a sandwich for unlv. cough cough. Game after our premier out of conference game and the game before our rival nevada.

Still not sure how your aztecs and my rebels cant recruit better to san diego and las vegas. come on.

Cincinnati:

Nov 29th vs. Syracuse - between a home game with revenge vs. Pittsburgh and a trip to Hawaii.

Hey Bluechip .... what is the deal with this out of conference schedule ?? looks like a syracuse basketball ooc schedule.

appy st
troy
north texas
tulane

no out of conference road games ?

They deserve it with the brutal SEC schedule they have to play this season. Same goes for UGA, they deserve to play high schools for their ooc schedule. With a conference schedule as stout as LSU or UGA, the ooc factor should not come into play.

south carolina
I see a couple of bad spots for south carolina but no major sandwiches to speak of.

I'm guessing you mean maybe the Ole Miss game? Seems like a team at home who might be able to catch someone off guard.

SC played 11 straight weeks last year before having an open week so its nice this year to have a BYE before Tenn and a BYE before Clemsux.

I'm guessing you mean maybe the Ole Miss game? Seems like a team at home who might be able to catch someone off guard.

SC played 11 straight weeks last year before having an open week so its nice this year to have a BYE before Tenn and a BYE before Clemsux.

The ole miss game might be a bad spot but i dont really think it is all that bad. with wofford and uab prior to that game , i think spurrier has them up for it .... the next game .... at kentucky is where i think they are in a bad spot though it isnt exactly a great spot for kentucky either. i also think arkansas at home is somewhat of a bad spot as arkansas early november should start getting better. Might be hard to get too excited about that game with lsu in rearview mirror and games at florida and at rival clemson on horizon. Throw in the fact that arkansas might be a 3-6 team when they meet and it makes for a worse spot for gamecocks imo. But again , i like the way gamecocks match up with arkansas on paper and they have revenge ... without really looking too deep. From a physical standpoint , after their bye following lsu they have some real physical games consecutively vs tenn , ark , at flor and at clemson .... just real tough to get through some of those without getting banged up and depleted. i guess they do get rest for clemson though. Hard to play in the SEC and not have a few ominous looking spots i guess.

Big Ten time.

The Ohio State University
I really liked how the buckeyes schedule lined up last year as i said before the start of the year. They had a lot of winnable games early and got the tough teams at the end of the year. perfect for a young team with talent that was developing under a good coach as the season progressed. I think that the buckeyes have a favorable schedule again. The closest thing that i find to a sandwich is at northwestern but they have a byebefore that game. So i dont think it does qualify.

wisconsin
brutal schedule with a couple of mini-sandwiches but one glaring , obvious sandwich that will test the badgers.......
october 18 at iowa -- This is likely to be one of my favorite sandwiches of the year. Wisconsin will be coming off a brutal run of games , at fresno st , at michigan , home to ohio state , home to penn state. .....So officially penn state makes one slice of bread that is pretty mean. REVENGE game for wisconsin. Then after hosting thos two mammoths they have to travel into iowa to play in a very tough place the week before ILLINOIS .... another revenge spot for wisconsin !!!!!!! This is a glorious sandwich spot at an improving and undervalued program this year. of course , this again is just an examination of the spot , not how they matchup. BUT WOW what a bad spot.

illinois
no sandwiches

penn state
oct 4 at purdue --host illinois in what will have been their biggest game of the year up until that point and travel to wisconsin for a huge showdown the week after purdue.

michigan
not sure any of their games qualify in my book as a sandwich. At notre dame , followed by home to wisconsin , followed by home to illinois might constitute a sandwich but no way michigan is taking wiscy lightly or not being completely ready for richrod conference home opener and the wolverines have a bye week before that game..
I say no sandwiches on this schedule.

michigan state
couple of tiny sandwich spots , but not major ones. here they are.
sep 27 at indiana -- off of hosting notre dame and prior to hosting iowa
nov 8 purdue --after hosting wisonsin and prior to travelling to penn state. But bye before penn state.

iowa
sept 27 home to northwestern --at pitt who will be 2-0 and top 20 ranked the week before and at michigan st the week after. Played a memorable game against michigan st last year that they won in ot.
nov 1 at illinois --- host wiscy two weeks before and host penn state the week after. will be a revenge game for illinois. tough spot for iowa despite the bye week.

purdue
sept 20 central michigan --- A very interesting sandwich. purdue played cent mich twice last year , winning huge at home 45-22 and sneaking out a bowl win 51-48. Boilermakers host oregon the week before and travel to notre dame the week after. C mich will have revenge on mind.

oct 4 home to penn state -- doesnt really fit my criteria as a sandwich spot but probably fits most peoples. They travel to notre dame the week before and travel to ohio state the week after.

nov 8 at michigan st --host michigan the week before and travel to iowa the week after.

of all the big ten schedules i think purdue has the most speed bumps. you could even argue iowa as a sandwich.

indiana
oct 4 at minnesota -- be careful here indiana fans. a bad spot. game falls between hosting mich st and iowa.
nov 1 home to cent mich -- between hosting conference foes nw and wiscy. more of a trap if purdue has already crushed cent mich earlier in the year.

minnesota
feel free to comment. i see a few that might qualify as sandwiches and hate the way this schedule lines up for this team. gl mr brewster.

northwestern
the most glaring sandwich is michigan
nov 15 at michigan -- after hosting ohio state ( could be number 1 late in year making that a huge home game for nw ) and before instate rival illinois.

There might be a few sandwiches that need to be mentioned that i didnt here. please speak up when you see one. That takes care of my sandwich post for big ten. will be back later or tomorrow with the next conference.

MWC

Air Force

Two potential land mines.

September 13th @ Houston. Follows their conference opener vs. Wyoming, and Utah and Navy roll in to the AFA academy following. Add to that the fact that it's going to be well over 100 degrees most likely in Houston and I can see a bit of a letdown here.

October 11th @SDSU. Follows the Navy game. For those not aware the first goal for any academy school is to win the Commander in Chief's Trophy. Air Force is 0-3 in their L3 visits to SDSU and the Aztecs will be playing their conference home opener after more than likely getting spanked @TCU.

BYU

Any potential sandwich won't show up until the season starts here. If they start the season 3-0 I could see the Sept. 20th home game vs Wyoming as being tricky. They'd be coming off wins against Washington and UCLA with thoughts of an undefeated season very prevelant. Beyond that their schedule sets up beautifully for them. They do have to go play @TCU on a short week on Oct. 16th, but I won't call that a sandwich by any means.

CSU

When you suck as bad as CSU has you won't overlook anybody anytime.

NMU

Nothing much here. Possibly the game at Tulsa on Sept 20th coming off of hosting Texas A&M and Arizona with the in-state rivalry game the following week. As good as Tulsa has been the Lobos aren't going to be up for this game like they would vs A&M or Zona. I could see a half assed effort here for sure actually.

SDSU

I'll leave this one to the Aztec guys on the board. Again I don't see how they can afford to overlook anyone including Idaho and San Jose State sandwiched around Notre Dame and TCU in September.

TCU

October 4th vs SDSU. Can they lose this game? Sure. Will they? I doubt it. Comes on the heels of Oklahoma and in 2005 the Frogs beat the Sooners and then proceeded to lose to Southern Methodist the following week which takes me to the bigger sandwich spot.

SEPT. 20th @SMU. Follows a home game with Stanford and preceeds the Sooners. Huge trap game.

UNLV

Not much here. October 4th @CSU looks like a real dead spot though. Off of 4 weeks of tough games; @Utah, @ASU, Iowa State, Nevada (in state battle) with a week off following their trip to Fort Collins. If it wasn't for CSU playing Cal on the road the week prior I'd be really interested.

UTAH

Nov. 15th @SDSU

Follows a home matchup with TCU and preceeds a home matchup with BYU. Depending on the standings in the conference this game has the ability to be a huge problem for the Utes.

WYO

Nov. 1st vs SDSU

SDSU is taking advantage of alot of these it seems. Wyo @TCU the week before followed by a trip to Tennessee for the Cowboys. Why they are going to play in Tennessee in November I have no idea.

UNC Sandwich Game

Carolina has one key sandwich spot this year as they go on the road to play at Miami on 9/27 in what will once again be an emotional game for the Heels as it could be a turning point game for the program, and they have the Fighting Irish at Kenan on 10/11 in what should be a huge game to say the least, as this could be as big of a statement game for the Heels as any other.

Right smack dab in the middle of these two games is a home game vs UConn on 10/4. Makes me a little nervous because this is a classic sandwich spot and there could be some solid value on UConn, especially if the Heels pull off the win down in Miami heading into the contest.

OK, I'll do the Big XII:

Oklahoma

9/6 Cincy (lookahead to big road trip to UW)
10/4 at Baylor (between TCU and Texas)

Texas Tech

11/29 Baylor (could be a let down spot after OU game)

Texas

9/20 Rice (let down spot, Horns will still post 50+)
11/8 Baylor (Nice sandwich spot between road trips to TT and Kansas)

Okie Light

10/18 Baylor (Another good sandwich spot between road trips to Mizzou and Texas)
11/1 Iowa St (Between roadies to Texas and TT)

Texas A&M Fake Soldiers

9/27 Army (Between revenge game against Miami and roadie to Okie Light)
10/25 at Iowa St (Mild sandwich between TT and Colorado--assumes Colorado improves significantly)
11/15 at Baylor (let down after Aggie loses to OU the week before and the bye week before the Texas game)

Baylor

Not good enough to have a sandwich game.

Mizzou

11/1 at Baylor (between Colorado and K State)

Nebraska

None.

Kansas

None (we'll see how they do playing a harder schedule)

K State

9/27 ULL (between roadie to L-ville and primetime wed. game and home with TT)

Colorado

11/8 Iowa St (Between trip to A&M and Okie Light--Colorado has a tough schedule on paper)

Iowa St

Not really good enough to have a sandwich, but...
10/11 at Baylor (between Kansas and Nebraska)
11/8 at Colorado (between road to Okie Light and Mizzou)

Of this group, the Okie Light games look like the best sandwiches.

seeing threads like this make me all warm and fuzzy inside. appreciate your hard work vk, I always look forward to your thoughts on college foots.:shake:

Now I normally don't take the time to post big writeups but you've inspired me. Being a Clemson guy I will run through some things on the team and hopefully others can find use of it.

First a primer.....as a general rule when betting Clemson games is to stay far far away when we are chalk, especially road chalk against teams that actually have a pulse.(Think V-tech 2 years ago, G-Tech last year)

Matter of fact be very weary of us laying points to any team with a pulse. Surprising Fact, last season we were favored in every single game with the exception of the opener against FSU which we won. Out final record....9-4. We are a pultry 22-33-2 as favs the last 8 years. 3-5 as away favs the last 2 years. Bottom line if you bet blindly on us as favs you will lost money.

With that said when we we are favs against shit team, we throttle them.(3-1 ATS past 2 years against such teams.

I would also look at taking the CU Team Total over as in these games we put up...51,63,49,and 70.Now the 49 point game is the one we failed to cover by 3 points on a backdoor, however the 49 points was good enough for the OVER on the TT as I believe the line was set at 45. Not just that but we put up the majority of our points in the first half, so it was a relative easy bet if there is such a thing.

Onto the Schedule......

8/30 (Alabama at the GA Dome: Scares the hell outta me. We will prob be 5-7 pt favs. Not a chance I lay the points here. this is a watch and learn game for me)
9/6 The Citadel
9/13 NC St.
9/20 SC St.
9/27 Maryland
10/4 Bye
10/9 @ WF (Thur night game. This one will be tough for us. for most teams coming off a bye week it would be a bonus, but not in the bowden era though as he is just 8-10 following a bye week. Add into the fact that 1)it WF who always plays us close and 2) it's on a thur night, where we typically are horrible, I'm very nervous about this one.

10/18 G-Tech ( Revenge from last years game, so I don't worry as much about a letdown here. If we happened to lose to WF I think clemson laying anything reasonable would be something to look at. 2 years ago with revenge G-tech came to town catching 7. We promptly beat them down to a tune of 31-7 in what was C.J Spiller's coming out party to the Nation as well as "Thunder and Lightning.")

10/25 BYE

11/1 @ BC Ok hopefully that BYE week will allow them to recharge for the stretch run if nothing else because for Clemson standards it is challenging. Big Revenge after BC ruined Clemsons ACC Chmp Game aspirations at Death Valley. Also lost a heartbreaker 2 years ago by a miss PAT. FSU on deck, we should win but.....

11/8 @ FSU with the exception of the carolina game, this is the one all players get pumped for.FSU with several years revenge and what could be a possible play-in game to the ACC champ.

11/15 Duke (We will have just come off @BC/@FSU with @ Virginia the week after. It is also our homecoming, so if we get past FSU the week prior the team will be riding high especially with homecoming distractions and Virginia and Carolina on the horizon, suffice it to say it's reasonable to assume Duke will not have our undivided attention. With wins the prior 2 weeks, the line will almost certainly be inflated.

11/22 @ UVA ( UVA will be down this year, but it is still an away game for us and a definite lookahead spot with Carolina next week. Game also could have no significance in the Atlantic Title hunt if we do what we should and already have it wrapped up. UVA should be catching some good points at home and would be worth a look imo

11/29 Carolina ( yawn.....Clemson wins.)

The schedule is not great, but it's not horrible.

Best case Scenario: 12-0. Listen I said best case scenario before any homer accusations arise. But its very simple we will be favored in every game this year with the exception of probably FSU. The talent is there to do but can they actually get over that hump.

Worst Case Scenario: 8-4. We could either lose to the teams you would think have a change to beat us(Bama,FSU, etc) or we could beat Bama and lose at Virginia. With Clemson it's hard to understand sometimes. If this happens, new contract or not, I can't imagine the heat that will be on bowden.

Most Likely Scenario: 10-2. We go to the conference chmp game finally. If we play V-tech there I am extremely nervous and don't have a lot of faith. Any other team and we are Orange Bowl bound.

If you took the time to read though that I hope you got something out of it and look forward to any thoughts or discussion on the matter.

Nice write up Cap...sure as hell saved me some time from doing it eventually. I pretty much agree with everything you said though I'm not sure it will be a yawner against South Carolina. I would go ahead and play against us at Wake, vs. Duke and at UVA.

dwight, no doubt....i was definitely not serious about Carolina being an easy game. Said it just to get a rise out of ETG. the game will definitely be a war and I can't wait

Awesome sutff guys. Lots of quality cappers up to the task early. So far we have sec done. big ten done . big 12 done. mwc (greatest conference in the states ) done . carolina and clemson of ACC done.

still need the following sandwiches--- big east , rest of acc , sunbelt , mac , wac , independents , conference usa, and pac -10

OK I'll do the rest of the ACC...we should probably get this stickied also

Boston College--hard to believe that the first game could be a sandwich game but
Aug 30 @ Kent State--they open up with this game, actually in Cleveland but the BC fans are unlikely to travel. This will be their first game without Matt Ryan and they may be looking forward to their home and ACC opener against Georgia Tech the next week. I really think this is a bad spot for them and I would love to see them laying anything close to double digits.

Oct 25 @ UNC. This is sandwiched b/t home games vs. Virginia Tech and Clemson. If BC is having any sort of respectable season and/or beats VT at home then expect an enormous let down from a very young team on the road at UNC

Clemson--already done

Florida State
Sept 27 vs Colorado in Jax--this is the game before the Miami game. If FSU is able to handle Wake at home then they would be undefeated going into this game and undoubtedly looking ahead to the Miami game. Again I really think this is a great spot if the Noles are undefeated but probably a pretty good sandwich opportunity regardless

Nov 1 @ Georgia Tech--again a team with an away game sandwiched b/t home battles against Virginia Tech and Clemson. Same as with BC...if FSU is having a good season and/or beats VT then they may very well overlook GT with Clemson coming to town. A similar thing happened to Clemson last year, having to head to Atlanta with VT on deck. GT won 13-3. Look for something similar to happen to the Noles this year

Maryland
Sept 6 @ MTSU--their AD should be fired for scheduling this game. Rick Stockstill has MTSU on the rise and you had better believe they will be up for this game. Maryland has the Cal Bears coming to town the week after this one and will most definitely overlook the Blue Raiders towards their big showdown with the Bears. This is a horrible spot for them and I'd love to catch them laying anything more than 10. I think MTSU would be a fairly smart ML play in this situation

Nov 15 vs. UNC--this game is a bit sketchy in terms of a sandwich game. It is b/t an away game at VT (on a Thursday = loss) and a home game against the Noles. However Maryland and UNC may both be playing for bowl eligibility at this point so unless Maryland really surprises some people this year this probably won't be a sandwich game. I would keep an eye on it if Maryland already has 7 wins at this point.

NC State
Sept 20 vs ECU--I only list this one so that I will have a game to put down for the Wolfpack. This comes after a trip to Clemson and prior to a home game against South Florida. However with this being somewhat of an inter-state rivalry, I would think O'Brien will have his boys ready for Holtz's Pirates. I wouldn't be surprised to see ECU win here but if NCSU gets blown out at South Carolina and at Clemson then I also wouldn't be surprised to see this line around a pick 'em so I don't know what kind of value we will be looking at here.

Wake Forest
Oct 18 @ Maryland--wow this shapes up to be a tough game for Wake. They will have 9 days to prepare since they play Clemson in a Thursday night showdown that could very well decide the Atlantic Division the week before. After the Maryland game, they will travel to Coral Gables. I don't care how shitty Miami is, they will be looking forward to having a shot at winning there. If Wake beats Clemson then I really like Maryland the following week as Friedgen will have his boys ready to play. If Wake loses to Clemson, we may not get the value

Duke
A team this shitty does not qualify as they will likely be underdogs in every game they play that warrants a line. Cutcliffe will make improvements though

Georgia Tech

October 25 vs. Virginia--UVA is going to be down this year which is why I think this could be a good scenario for them. They will probably come into this game not seeming to be much of a threat but their young talented players may be starting to click by this point. GT travels to Clemson the week prior to this game and has FSU at home the week after. No matter what happens at Clemson, I like UVA here as GT will be looking forward to having the Noles come into Bobby Dodd.

Miami
Sept 27 vs. UNC--this game has screw up for Shannon's crew written all over it. These teams are a lot more equal than most realize anyways. We must pray that the Canes find a way to stay within 14 against UF and then manage an upset in College Station the week before they host UNC. After UNC, they will be hosting FSU which absolutely points to them overlooking the Heels. Don't be shocked to see UNC either win this one or have it come within 3 points. Lets just hope for a noon, Jefferson-Pilot start.

North Carolina
CB already discussed the game against UCONN. Great call

Virginia
No real sandwich game. You could argue the trip to Georgia Tech but I don't really see that as a sandwich game for the Cavs but I do for the Jackets.

Virginia Tech
September 20 @ UNC--they are better than UNC and should be able to handle them but there is a good chance that VT is Top 10 after beating Georgia Tech the week before. They will no doubt be looking forward to their trip the following week to Nebraska even though this will be a down year for Nebraska. I could certainly see the Tar Heels keeping this one closer than expected. Basically I think Butch Davis' crew is going to be a lot more improved than other people think this year.

Anyways, thats my opinion of the ACC sandwich games

Ok, let's cross of the Independents.

Fuckin' Irish

10/4 Stanford??? (don't know if it qualifies, home game between 2 better opponents--Purdue at home and UNC on road)
11/22 Syracuse (between Navy in Baltimore and road trip to USC)

Army

No real sandwich games. Weird that Army is rated higher to Navy in Steele.

Navy

No real sandwich games either.

Ok, let's cross of the Independents.

Fuckin' Irish

10/4 Stanford??? (don't know if it qualifies, home game between 2 better opponents--Purdue at home and UNC on road)
11/22 Syracuse (between Navy in Baltimore and road trip to USC)

Army

No real sandwich games. Weird that Army is rated higher to Navy in Steele.

Navy

No real sandwich games either.

I haven't gotten my Steele magazine yet, but that's shocking. Navy must have lost ALOT because even if Army has everyone coming back I can't imagine that's a good thing.

I guess I better help.

I'll grab Pac 10

Once we are done with this thread I'll clean it up and edit some stuff out and get it stickied.

I haven't gotten my Steele magazine yet, but that's shocking. Navy must have lost ALOT because even if Army has everyone coming back I can't imagine that's a good thing.

Yeah, it is weird. Army only has 8 returning starters (4/4). Steele doesn't have Army having a winning record. Army has a very weak schedule with their big games being Aggy and Rutgers besides the armed services games. Navy's got a tougher schedule with Rutgers, Ball St, Wake, Pitt, Notre Dame, and N. Illinois. Navy's got 13 returning starters (5/8). Steele attributes the low ranking to new coaching and key offensive losses (though they have a returning QB).

Yeah, it is weird. Army only has 8 returning starters (4/4). Steele doesn't have Army having a winning record. Army has a very weak schedule with their big games being Aggy and Rutgers besides the armed services games. Navy's got a tougher schedule with Rutgers, Ball St, Wake, Pitt, Notre Dame, and N. Illinois. Navy's got 13 returning starters (5/8). Steele attributes the low ranking to new coaching and key offensive losses (though they have a returning QB).

I may be naive and wet behind the ear, but it seems that the Academy schools kind of run themselves in a sense. Air Force plugged in a new coach last year after Fisher Deberry (23 years at the helm) and they had one of their best seasons ever last year. He did leave the cupboard quite full as I expect them to have a major dropoff this year. I basically need to get the magazine and check this out. That commander in chief trophy is wide open if all three acadamies are going to stink this year.

Arizona-Don't really see anything that can totally qualify as a sandwich game in all honesty. They have three OPEN dates on their schedule.

Arizona State-Three OPEN dates as well. The Georgia game comes after a cupcake start. They then get a week off before tough games with CAL and USC. Lookahead would be home to UCLA before the interstate rivarly game in which Zona gets a BYE before.

California-I guess all the PAC 10 teams get three OPEN dates it seems. The sandwich spot easily identified would be Nov. 15 at Oregon State. They are at the Coliseum the week before and have the Stanford game the week after.

Oregon-To me, a semi-sandwich spot is the Utah State game in Week two. They start with a conference game against Washington. The following two weeks after USU though are some interesting non-conference tests with a game at Purdue and then home to Boise St.

Oregon State-Only thing close is maybe at Arizona off a Cal game and before the Civil War.

Stanford-Five of first seven weeks on road. Thats brutal. Tough to idetify a true sandwich game though.

UCLA-Too bad they have an open week in wek two or we would have a tremendous spot between Tennessee and BYU games. Frezzno State at home between two other conference home games could be interesting. The home game vs Stanford is right between road games too Oregon and California.

USC-Maybe home game against Washington off a game in Tuscon before the California game. Their OPEN dates set up nicely

Washington-Brutal schedule. The OPEN dates do set up nicely as well but this is not going to be easy work for them.

Washington State-They are the only PAC-10 team that gets just one OPEN date. Amazing. Maybe at Oregon St off UCLA before a home date with the Trojans. They end at Hawaii.

I still think Commander in Chief is between AFA and Navy. Navy's just low because of the coaching change and a difficult schedule.

They may get fucked out of their custom bowl this year, the Congressional Bowl.

Oregon-To me, a semi-sandwich spot is the Utah State game in Week two. They start with a conference game against Washington. The following two weeks after USU though are some interesting non-conference tests with a game at Purdue and then home to Boise St.

Utah State can't qualify. App. State would beat them 19 out of 20 times @Utah State. I'm dead serious. I won't be surprised if they are playing in 1-AA in the next 5-10 years. Sorry Kyle. :)

Utah State can't qualify. App. State would beat them 19 out of 20 times @Utah State. I'm dead serious. I won't be surprised if they are playing in 1-AA in the next 5-10 years. Sorry Kyle. :)

What if the line is 40?

LOL

This is all ATS...I had to remind myself of that in this spot as well.

I still think Commander in Chief is between AFA and Navy. Navy's just low because of the coaching change and a difficult schedule.

They may get fucked out of their custom bowl this year, the Congressional Bowl.

That's what I would also guess. That's why I'm amazed that Steele has Army above them. I guess he's going strictly on record opposed to actual talent. I was pretty impressed by Navy last year when the Utes played them in the bowl game. Even though Utah lost to the AFA academy and handled Navy I thought Navy was the superior team and that's the way it played out when they faced each other. I'm quite interested to read up on them at this point.

What if the line is 40?

LOL

This is all ATS...I had to remind myself of that in this spot as well.

Ya I certainly understand. If nothing else it should throw caution to laying a big # on a favorite. This thread is most usefull in that it highlights definite lows for teams that might otherwise be forgotten during the normal hiatus of a college football season.

Say it isn't so , jpicks !!!

THE WORST TACKLING TEAM IN ALL OF CFB LAST YEAR.

Wow guys what an amazing thread for a guy that is jumping into NCAA foots for the first time this info is amazing.

CTG :cheers:

College Football :cheers:

Unreal how much you donkeys know about this shit. :tiphat:

^^^^

You ain't seen shit, kid. LOL

In all honesty, he next few months you'll see so much good stuff you cannot help but be prepared for the season.

Wow guys what an amazing thread for a guy that is jumping into NCAA foots for the first time this info is amazing.

CTG :cheers:

College Football :cheers:

Unreal how much you donkeys know about this shit. :tiphat:

Be sure to check the injury sticky for personnel scratches both before the season and as the season progresses. Right now is prime season for kids to do late transfers, season ending injuries, etc.

Also, we'll make sure that you're up to speed on news too throughout the year. Very slow right now, but in about 6 weeks it will really speed up.

:cheers:

^^^^

You ain't seen shit, kid. LOL

In all honesty, he next few months you'll see so much good stuff you cannot help but be prepared for the season.

This is pretty much fact right?

Michigan Football :cheers:

Ohio State Football :down2:

Shameless ass kissing post.

Back