San Antonio/Utah Total

BetCrimes1984

CTG Big Brother
Under 191.5

- all my stats based on opening lines & regulation scores, unless otherwise noted.

San Antonio

- is U/O 5-3-1 (4 pts off 8-1) at an average of 182.5 points vs .560 or better records, as opposed to U/O 6-13-1 at an average of 194.1 points vs .559 or worse records, this season. Utah's % record is .724.

- has had 1 instance this season of a home game off a home loss: that game totaled 183 points, going Over by 1 point. Last season, they were U/O 6-0 at an average of 170.6 points in a home game off a home loss.

- has conceded an average of 83.0 points in a game off a home loss, this season (4 instances). They conceded an average of 83.2 points in the same spot last season (7 instances).

- is U/O 3-0 at an average of 174.0 points coming off a game that totaled 210+ overall points, this season. Their last game totaled 221 points.

- is U/O 3-0 at an average of 178.0 points coming off a game in which they conceded 100+ points, this season. They conceded 114 points in their last game.

- is U/O 4-0 at an average of 170.5 points in a home game after losing their previous 2 home games, over the last 4 seasons (twice previously they have met Utah in this spot).

Utah

- is U/O 4-2 at an average of 193.5 points in SU road losses, as opposed to U/O 1-8 at an average of 209.4 points in SU road wins, this season.

- is U/O 3-1 (1 pt off 4-0) at an average of 190.5 points vs the West's "Big 3" (DAL, SAS & PHX) this season.

- is U/O 4-1 at an average of 162.2 points in its last 5 games vs the Spurs, in which they were Dogs of 7.5 points or less.

- has gone U/O 6-2 at an average of 197.0 points off a SU win over their last 16 games, after going U/O 4-7 at an average of 207.6 points off a SU win over their 1st 13 games of the season. They won their last game SU.

- has gone U/O 6-3 at an average of 190.8 points off 1 days rest over their last 16 games, after going U/O 2-5 at an average of 205.4 points off 1 days rest over their 1st 13 games off the season.

Utah's season has quite a noticable fault line running through it: their first 13 games, where they went 12-1 SU (.923 win % - U/O 4-9), vs their latest 16 games in which they have gone 9-7 SU (.562 win % - U/O 10-6). So while their overall season totals mark is 16-13 to Over, this is a deceptive reality: the grind has slowed their early season enthusiasms, and hence their Overs output %.

The stats say it all for this one. As freely as these teams have been scoring this season vs previous season's perceptions of their defensive selves, they've still reverted to type when they've come up against the better teams in the league: the above stats spell that out. The only inertia I could find is the fact Utah is 8-2 to Over this season as the Dog, vs 12-7 to Under as the Fav - Thats a big enough fly to my ointment to curb the size of my stake here.

Last edited:
Agree with your play, I wilL be on it as well.

GL - BC :shake:

Thank you for the play, Betcrimes. GL. I think we can both agree if this play stays under it favors the Spurs. I'm on the Spurs, so looks great!!!

Austin, esco - GL to us:cheers:

JP - a basic look at the overall averages indiates this isnt really as high as you'd think considering what both teams have managed this season, but the deeper probing has surely revealed the advantage lies with Under here. Its a pity Utah has such a heavy Over bias as a Dog to slightly dampen my enthusiasm.

BeLIEve - I agree. I'd be quite happy to see the Spurs concede 83 in this spot as they have been doing, suit us both I'm sure:cheers:

Well I'll tell you Jerry Sloan was preaching defensive emphasis today on the radio when I heard him talking. I really don't see how either team gets to 100 and I'd be shocked if both teams got to 95.

I can imagine: I dont think it any coincidence that these 2 teams managed just 158 in Utah in their first meeting this season, when SAS was coming off a loss that totaled 213 points.

I'd expect a 170s/low 180s total here today. I think the biggest threat to Under is if Spurs absolutely belt them, and Utah simply quit any real defensive effort and are happy to have "a run around". A competitive game for at least 3 periods should do us here.

Killa - I forget which game it was very recently that I liked Under from the start, and it climbed 5 points (which put me off betting it because I thought I was missing something), and Under still came in (it was Detroit @Cleveland - opened 180.0, closed 185.0, totaled 158 points)

All I can guess is the fact Utah has gone under 191 points once in regulation over their last 8 games is speaking to some people, maybe more than it should?

Apparently so. 194.5 now. Just crazy. BTW, what's your take on the OVER in Dallas?

I've got to say I'm glad this line wasn't out yesterday and I just got home from work. Still haven't played this and I'm loving the movement.

Yo Crimes. I think it was the Cavs / Pistons game on the 21st that still went Under after the total shot up 4-5 points...

Over in Dallas would be my def. lean. I think PHX's recent Under run is a deceptive fact, while Dallas is 2-1 to Over in games vs PHX/SAS this season, their sole Under (vs SAS) under by a couple of points.

maybe its sick Spurs not starting: is any new info out there? Not that that bothers me. Whoever Pop puts out there will obey his commands, lol, which will undoubtedly be defensively minded after their last game.

I'm not gonna give up on the play just yet, as it only takes 1 quarter to send it O/U, but if this Spurs game goes Over, I will be giving up on Spurs Unders until they show me they actualy care to play defense like they are capable of.

most of the guys that were out with the flu are back, most notably Ginobli. The other flu guy (Bonner) is the one doin the damage so far.

Very true, but I have bet a lot of Spurs Under and they have been flyin over. I took this one at 193.5 as a final hope that SA would finally have an Unde result. If this game goes Over, I am done for the season betting Unders with this team who claims to be a defensive team.

My guess is you see a 55-60 3rd quarter...just a guess based on what has happened so far...hopefully I am just a silly drunk making stupid comments! BOL all...

Why are you guys talking about the Spurs defense like it's non-existent? Is my computer broken? They only gave up 43 points in the 1st half. It's the Jazz that are screwing us so far.

JPicks said:
Why are you guys talking about the Spurs defense like it's non-existent? Is my computer broken? They only gave up 43 points in the 1st half. It's the Jazz that are screwing us so far.

For the Spurs thats pathetic.

43 pts given up in a half is pathetic? You've got to be kidding me. Honestly, are you high right now?

JPicks said:
43 pts given up in a half is pathetic? You've got to be kidding me. Honestly, are you high right now?

No. I don't do drugs...

For some reason I thought you typed 63....my bad

gotta love blowout Unders. After the 1st I kept thinking of the Dallas @Spurs game's boxscore: 60-49-38-40 - today: 53-48-46-42. Pretty damn similar.

Congrats all Spurs & Under backers

2nd straight total that creeps under by 3 points. Gotta find me an easier one next time.

Back