Sabathia traded to Brewers

Brewers are making the formal announcement at 11 am today, and I assume we'll find out who the third mystery player is.

signal, I don't believe he has...you got any you want to give up? ;)

Ill let you know. I bout 2 extra actually becaue I couldnt get a hold of my friend so if he doenst end up going theyre all yours

brewers are an immediate contender to win the central now

nl central prolly gets 2 teams in the world series hunt now

this is probably actually a fair deal, brewers have the best farm system in baseball, probably not even debatable and they gave up some nice prospects which cleveland needed b/c it's farm system is down and they'll be loaded with picks in the 09 draft, which is supposed to be one of the best drafts or shaping up to be one of the best drafts of the 2000's.

Regardless of the PTBNL it looks like Milwaukee managed to escape the deal only giving up 1 of their 10 AA All-Stars... Although Baseball America did rank the Brewers farm system at 21st in the majors preseason.

Regardless of the PTBNL it looks like Milwaukee managed to escape the deal only giving up 1 of their 10 AA All-Stars... Although Baseball America did rank the Brewers farm system at 21st in the majors preseason.

baseball america is horrible

hell

look at the team the brewers fielded last year, i'd say 80% of their players came up through that system, and that's not even including the pitchers who i have no idea about

i think you have to respect the fact that the brewers are trying to make a push here, but im not a big fan of cc. if i were a brewers fan, i wouldnt get my hopes up too much. i mean we all see how he did last postseason. i had a good feeling the sox would rack him in that series because they are a very patient team at the plate. from what i see of cc, hes always throwing around the plate and getting guys chasing, which doesnt work against patient hitting teams, obviously. i just took a quick look at teams that lead mlb in bb's. suprise, 1&2 were the cubs and cards, with boston at 4. i know boston is near tops in the league at pitches per plate appearance, im sure cubs and cards must be close too. if they are to meet in the playoffs with all the pressure that surrounds it, i would expect one of these teams to fair pretty well against cc. this isnt to berate the move milwaukee made, cuz like i said, at least they're trying to do something. i think haren woulda been the better guy, but who's to say they could've gotten him.

i dont follow the brewers all that well, but whats their situation gonna be with cc and sheets next year. i know they're contracts are both up after this year. will they/can they sign these guys back? if they can only get one, which would it be or which would you prefer? im hearing def. not on cc, but not sure about sheets. if they sign gagne to what 11 mill for a year (which was pure comedy), why cant they extend a solid offer to these guys?

CC is definitely a rental. Sheets there is an outside shot of resigning, but very unlikely Milwaukee would be willing to give him the money he's looking for with his injury history.
They're definitely going for it this year, but next season there's going to be a lot of Brewers eligible for big pay days with arby.

Sabathia just fucking changed his name, are you serious. Its now "CC", not "C.C." and doesn't stand for shit. Jackass.

What will brewers fans think if "CC" wants to test the open market to see what he can get this winter?

I think then the indians will of got the deal.

What will brewers fans think if "CC" wants to test the open market to see what he can get this winter?

I think then the indians will of got the deal.

depends how far they get. im sure they are fully aware this is a rental situation with the intent of cashing in this year.

fix that bullpen and there is a shot

Thing is if Milwaukee was in any other division they would have a much easier time, but chicago and st. louis have been doing great this year and they may not even get a wild card even with the addition of CC.

Back