Round one, 2008 playoff

Hoping to hit 2 out of 3 for nice profit. Wouldn't mind all three, but it's hard and I'm not greedy.
<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
Suns +5.5 – 8 units stake
<O:p></O:p>
Spurs and Suns have battled each other the first two games in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:City w:st=
San Antonio</st1:City> and cruised by the other in the next two games in <st1:State w:st=" /><ST1:place w:st="on">Arizona</ST1:place>. Tonight the series will return to <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Texas</ST1:place></st1:State> and this one is going to be close, too close to announce the winner even. Despite the 3 – 1 lead by the Spurs, I still claim that Suns got better match ups head to head than the Spurs and while Spurs got only Parker and miss match, Phoenix got two at least, Shaq and Amare.
Diaw on Parker is a concept that seems to be working, so the absence of Hill tonight may be good news for the Suns. Still would love to see Skinner and Strawberry plays solid minutes, but that will only happen with the next coach I guess. If Parker and Popovich won't come with a solution to Diaw on Parker, it could mean problems to the Spurs and game 7 maybe, but even if they will find the solution, that means that the game will be a close one, since even with Parker great, all we get is an even game between two great teams.
Two OT's in the first game in <st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State>, win by 6 points the second game in <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Texas</ST1:place></st1:State>. Is it me or the line is just wrong here and should have been +3 to Suns or maybe half a point lower even?
<st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Dallas</ST1:place></st1:City> +7 – 8 units stake
The game Hornets – <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Dallas</ST1:place></st1:City> is very hard to call. Paul was stopped the last two games against <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Dallas</ST1:place></st1:City> and if CP3 got a weak game, the opponent will always have his chance to win a match. The line here indicates almost one sided game and although I can't say that I don't see that happening, I think that a close game and possible upset got a good chance as well, even better.
I really don’t like the fact that Hornets, that were humble all year, started mouthing off all of a sudden. That is a sign of a pressure I believe and despite them keeping it together and even winning in <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Dallas</ST1:place></st1:City>, that is a bad sign and I would be worried if I were Hornets fan.
<st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Dallas</ST1:place></st1:City> got good news and bad news. The good news are that in the past month, we finally saw Dirk return to the league, since the loss to the Heat almost two seasons a go. The bad news are that Howard as usual can't be found in money time. His ability to disappear is almost as good as Houdini's, but Mavs sure need him. The worse news come from Kidd. They brought him to help <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Dallas</ST1:place></st1:City> in the playoff. If <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Dallas</ST1:place></st1:City> will exit the playoffs after the first round, Kidd is player that will be responsible for that the most. Can't stop Pargo or Paul, doesn't score, doesn't pass as usual, can't keep the tempo of the game and simply bad.
Having said all that, I believe that <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Dallas</ST1:place></st1:City> can't play bad all five games. The guys got the experience, got the spirit, gut the desire, how long can they fail so miserably? A win tonight or at least a close game make sense to me and that is my bet tonight.
Rockets -1 – 8 units stake
<st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Houston</ST1:place></st1:City> are in a must win situation. I think that they can do that. Why? First of all, <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Utah</ST1:place></st1:State> won two road games in one series! If they will make a sweep of three road games in one series, than the regular season really means nothing and shouldn't be held at all. <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Utah</ST1:place></st1:State>'s home record is a honey trap I believe. You are starting as an underdog automatically on a road and as a favorite at home. You rely on the home and as long as Utah knows that they still got a home game left to win the series, they psychologically in disadvantage.
Rockets on the other hand as I said, in a must win situation of course. Since Alston is back, they won on a road game number three and were a rebound away from possible second road win. They rely one on another and believe in each other and that spirit should really help them when they are trying to get the first win of the series at home.
T-Mac should give a great home game and Battier should hit them threes and Alston will be that missing player that should organize Rockets offense. <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Utah</ST1:place></st1:State> can win this one, but they are much bigger underdogs than the odds or the line indicate I believe. The line should have been 3 – 4 points and the odds around 2.5.
<O:p>Played small bets on Suns and Dallas ML as well and really small bet on a combo of Suns + Dallas + Houston ML and line (two combo bet)</O:p>
Best of luck everybody!!!

Last edited:
Dallas +7 – 8 units stake

How do DAL managed to covered the POINTS ? LOL... But I will take The " W "

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

"...Hoping to hit 2 out of 3 for nice profit. Wouldn't mind all three, but it's hard and I'm not greedy..."
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:p></O:p>

I 'm GREEDY - looking for the other 2 hit !

:cheers:

I'm gonna get drunk !

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

And 8 more ....on the way !

Suns +5.5 – 8 units stake

Dallas +7 – 8 units stake
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:p></O:p>

Divol

:23_32_9: with :money2:

Were on the Wizards last night, but fell a sleep and didn't wager or put a tip either. Hope that tonight will go as plan.

Detroit -5, 6 units stake

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> with the line is my bet tonight. I believe we will see this series end and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> winning by 8 – 10 points. Last game we finally saw Igoudala in this series, but of course he remembered to show up in a game that ended before it started. As I see it right now, Igoudala is on the sure path to become Josh Howard. Today it will be still up to Miller to give their home crowd a strong performance of this final home game of the series, no matter what. With Billups back in shape, I like that a lot. Miller is on of the last true PG, a position that got a new life injected in to it with the arrival of Williams and Paul, but still, too many Arenas, Carter and other too short to be SG players. But, while you can take the credit of what Miller has done this season, this is still a soft player that will have a hard time guarding Billups, not to mention attacking him. With Rip and Prince having the series they been having so far, you only need one of the due Wallace and Billups to show up and tonight, at least one of them will be there to make sure that the next game that Detroit fans will see, will be against the Magic.
Like the Under play as well, but I really don't like to bet Under on a game that I'm watching (not in to celebrating every miss).​

The first round is almost over and been really profitable so far and I hope to finish it on high note.

Washington -3, 8 units stake

Arenas is out and that is the best thing that could have happened to Wizards. The two games that Wizards won, Arenas was injured and missed the whole game or just most of it. In his current condition, his presence only hurts his teammates, since the whole team is busy tracking his minutes and not focused on the win. Daniels done a fine job controlling the team and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Butler</st1:City> with Jamison did great job as the leading players and tonight, against the weak <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:City></st1:place>, they should bring this game to game 7 and they will do so I believe.
I won't right one more time about how <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> are a bad team, I done it enough already, let's just hope that the Wizards can win the last two games and go to the next round.​

Houston +8, 8 units stake

I really don't get the bookies. Since Alston is back, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Houston</st1:place></st1:City> won two games and lost another due to a last second offensive rebound by Okur. Still, only one lousy point movement? Either the public still thinks of it as a one sided series or the bookies are just bored. I don't know, maybe <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Utah</st1:State></st1:place> will trash the Rockets tonight, but no matter what, this line is simply wrong.
Rockets are playing great as a unit and even McGrady looks like a franchise player all of a sudden (just shhh… don't tell him that). <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Utah</st1:place></st1:State> on the other hand suddenly looks bad. The three pointer fall off, the inside game suddenly looks weak and what do you know, a loss today for the Jazz and we are second year in a row in Toyota Center for game number 7.
Rockets with the line seems like the right bet here and a good one.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>​

Houston +8, 8 units stake

I really don't get the bookies. Since Alston is back, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:City w:st=
San Antonio</st1:City> and cruised by the other in the next two games in <st1:State w:st=" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Houston</ST1:place></st1:City> won two games and lost another due to a last second offensive rebound by Okur. Still, only one lousy point movement? Either the public still thinks of it as a one sided series or the bookies are just bored. I don't know, maybe <ST1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Utah</st1:State></ST1:place> will trash the Rockets tonight, but no matter what, this line is simply wrong.

I liked it - 10 units for me

Missed the Was /Cle game! Thought it was 5 00pm game - will have 2nd half action -if there still value in the 2nd H line

:shake:

Sorry guys, bad ending of the first round, but still, very profitable round and I hope that the second round will be as nice as this one.

Back