Round 1 Pucks

I'm surprised that line is so high, Lute. That's no respect for a team that didn't get a fluke win the other day.

Lute - after seeing what Ottawa opened up at I put it at closer to -150 seeing as the series price is still in the 300's and the other splits are in the ballpark of 130 -140. part of me wants to see how they respond as a team to the winning / home crowd tonight before playing a side again in this series. Part of me thinks there is value in the Isles.

Joe - agree, it is a lack of respect, but Ottawa closed as a bigger fave than opened and well, not to rub it in, but Pens didnt show up.

Ah, but the Pens did show up, for the majority of the first period. Then they fell flat on their face. Some of which I put to fatigue--which isn't an excuse, just the way it seemed to me.

The Isles have actually had a day of rest, so one would think that surge would last a little longer.

Doesn't mean I'll play it, just pointing it out.

Good point Joe, what makes it weirder is where the lines have come out for tomorrow. Calgary has looked absolutely abysmal vs the Wings, yet opens as only a +130 dog. I know great home team, but like Lute has pointed out and with memories of the Leafs series the Coliseum is nuts during the playoffs.

I know Buffalo is a better al-around team than the Isles, but check out what the Isles were doing before Simon had a brain-fart & DP went down. They were pretty much unbeatable. Now, DP is back & has shown zero ill-affects of the concussions. They got some badly needed confidence with their win Saturday. plus, the home crowd will be electric tonight. I'm not saying that they will win tonight, but if the isles stay suuch a dog, all you need is a split of the two games for a nice profit...

I too think its disrespectful to the Isles. I think the Isles will show up: great crowd, and ted nolan teams usually show up and play hard.

DiPietro had a great game in his first game back, and he really gives them a chance to stay competitive in this series. My initial lean was to play both Pittsburgh and the Isles in their first game at home.

I haven't decided to stick with the Isles yet or not, I'm just still licking my wounds from Pittsburgh yesterday. Of course, they're two seperate events so one shouldn't really impact my decision on the other.

OK OK... just so theres no I told you so, and I dont kick myself, lol. put it in todays post for 1/2 unit

Adding

NY ISlanders +170 1/2 Unit.

Joe - so hard to separate the 2 events, but it still stings. Long series ahead for the Pens. They didnt do much other than that Crosby rush after the first goal IMO, kind of looked like to sit on a 1 goal lead and then before they knew it, Ottawa was tied and opened up the second flat. Got a little chippy, think they should learn for game 4.

That's what I am talking about SC!
Tonight is my two-year anniversary. I told my wife to cook up a feast, because we are celebrating by settling in to the Isle game tonight = good times. I will be there live on Wed, hoping that the Isles will be trying to extend their lead in the series, not get even.
I hope you like the pick SC, becaus I know I would not be telling an experienced hockey capper like yourself "I told you so".
On a side now, I have the Isles & Pitt with huge odds to win the Cup. I know it's a longshot, but I need the Pens to get this series tied! This is after I had the Detroit Tigers last year in baseball. Thank goodness I hedged when they reached the world series...200 preseason made me 9 grand with the hedge.

Joe - gotta any cigarettes or drugs I can try? lol

Lute - nah man, just messing around. I did have a slight lean and like you said, even if Buffalo get home ice back I would highly doubt it goes back 3-1 Sabres leading so money to be made, and if not it will be just a unit. As long as the Isles win 5-2 tonight going over, its OK in my books. Happy anniversary, enjoy WEdnesday too.

Dont know how TB / NJ stayed as a push with that last 3 minutes, dont know how Buffalo stayed under, lol. Onto Tuesdays games, long post season, time to get this into the positives. Have to be quick this morning but I have played these

Tuesday April 17, 12007

Sides 6-8 -1.00 units
Totals 3-4-2 -0.95 units

Atlanta / NY Rangers over 5.5 +121

Pittsburgh +111

Calgary +128

Anaheim -110

GL everyone:cheers:

Last edited:
Lute - they played 'well enough' and I was happy with their pace. THey will need to step it up in Fame 4 though, because I dont think they will catch Buffalo playing like they did last night, Afinigenov got like 3 shifts in the third period and Ruff was not happy with him and Vanek at al. Vanek more for that late 2nd goal.

they basically sh!t the bed in the 3rd - was very disappointing. also, would like to know where blake has been in this series (i expect yashin to be a no-show). also, ryan smyth a complete stud. very disappointing 3rd. what do you think about the goal that was reviewed? i never saw conclusive evidence, although it did seem that the puck probably went in? just curious

It was a goal, couldnt see it from the top angle. Dont know if you have TSN but they had a real good shot from the side angle where you could see the puck cross the line. Conclusive that you could see white between the line and the puck.

Yahsin will always be a no show in theplayoffs, what'd he get in game 2, 2 3rd period shifts? Dont know what happened in the third, I always think coming out of a period is coaching mostly, just my opinion but I think Nolan might have tried too many line combos. How many PP lines were used? Not really a chance to gel.

best part of yashin is they could have gotten out of that contract...when they decided to keep him after the lock out, i through up in my mouth

The Islanders though played well enough to win it, but after those missed opportunities in the 1st, I started getting the feeling that it was gonna be one of those games for them. And yes I agree about Yashin lute. Kozlov is another.

Gl with tonights picks SC.

The Islanders though played well enough to win it, but after those missed opportunities in the 1st, I started getting the feeling that it was gonna be one of those games for them. And yes I agree about Yashin lute. Kozlov is another.

Gl with tonights picks SC.

I had the exact same feeling during the 1st...

Split Tuesday night, managed to pick up a bit of change with Calgary coming through. Feeling things out, now time to get it going.

Wednesday April 18, 2007

Sides 7-10 -1.82 units
Totals 4-4-2 +0.05 units

Buffalo / NY Islanders over 5.5 1.5 units

Part stubborn, part I really like the pace of play in all the past 3 games in this series and is one bounce from completely breaking the flood gates wide open. Buffalo probably skated the worst I have seen them in game 3 and still managed 35 shots in DP. Isles need a win, but I think this is the way to go on this game.

Tampa Bay +105

Gone are the Scotts and its really showing in watching this series. Brodeur is 7-10 in the playoffs since they won the cup in 2003 and St Louis / Lecavalier is getting to him. He has let soft goals in in each game and at the other end Holmqvist is really finding a groove. Tortorella is playing his stars 25+ minutes a game and IMO Lamarillo is trying to match up the Madden line too much, Lecavalier and co. are skating circles around that line and the Devils dont have lines that can match nearly half the game going to 2 100 point scorers. Lighting are now 5-2 vs the Devils this season.

Nashville / San Jose over 5.5 +120

Even though game 3 stayed under the pace was good, with the Sharks peppering Vokoun with 41 shots on net. The same pace from game 1 and 2 which saw 7 and 9 goals respectively. Radulov makes his return from suspension and had been one of the better players on the ice before his hit from behind. Still some bad blood out there and the Preds are still having trouble staying out of the box.

Thats it for Wednesday.

Last edited:
good luck SC...will be rocking at the colliseum tonight!
On a side note, do you think the Rangers are this good, the Thrashers are this bad, or somewhere in the middle? (boy do I hate the blue-shirts)

Lute - think the Thrashers are just that bad. NO experience whatsoever, and I think the Penguins are another example of that, to a lesser degree. But their stars look like deer in the headlights with playoff hockey, look no further than Kovalchuk fighting Avery, lol. Enjoy the game tonight

wow, I posted without looking at anyone else's plays...and our plays our identical, even in the same order. Crazy GL tonight SC

Hopefully its a good sign that we based the plays on mostly different reasons....:cheers:

Disappointed with last night, moreso because I feel like Im reading the games well, just not getting the results. Not like my teams are getting blown out 7-0 etc. OT and a crossbar away. Moving on. Have to be fast this morning

Thursday April 19, 2007

Sides 7-11 -2.82 units
Totals 5-5-2 +0.55 units

Anaheim -0.5 -108

Pittsburgh / Ottawa over 6.5 +108

Detroit / Calgary under 5

BOL Santa.

Just a reminder from a long gone series. When the Stars played Jersey in the SC finals,

Stars lost game 1 on the road
won game 2 on the road
lost games 3 & 4 at home
won game 5 on the road
lost game 6 at home

After game 2 of this current series I posted I could see the road team winning the next 3 or 4 straight (and I did so w/a thought back to that finals series), & so far its been 2 straight. Anyone thinking VAN, tread carefully. Its not like the Stars have been mauled.

BC - yeah, none of the games have been domination one side or another, you could even make a case of the Stars playing better for the most part. im sittin on a series play so Ill take the -120 on the game tonight over the 145 or so. GL

Lute - thats nuts, I heard on TSN about the ruling being because he was pushed in. That was the stance obviously before the press conference. INteresting indeed. Plus bob macKenzie referred to it as Rule 69... lol Weird.

so painful...they couldn't buy a break these days...we were going nuts at the game, pointing at center ice & chanting goal...whne he waved it off it was crushing...&, unfortunately, it got much worse when i woke up this am...

This has been the worst officiated SC I have ever seen...just from not letting the play go...letting the men be men,etc. And this "system" of gaol review is atrocious...not to ention the now imfamous "Skate in crease" call against Minny 2 nights ago...just shitty reffing.

Bring back Kerry Fraser!!!

(-:

This has been the worst officiated SC I have ever seen...just from not letting the play go...letting the men be men,etc. And this "system" of gaol review is atrocious...not to ention the now imfamous "Skate in crease" call against Minny 2 nights ago...just shitty reffing.

Bring back Kerry Fraser!!!

(-:

i'm shaking now...i just don't understand how they miss something so obvious, when that call alone pretty much ended the Isles season.

from Isles website:

Let's try to make this clear and simple, sticking only to the facts:
* After the puck went in the net, Islanders center Mike Sillinger was told by the referees that the decision of “goal or no goal” would ultimately be made by NHL headquarters in Toronto.

* In a phone conversation after the game, Stephen Walkom, the NHL VP and Director of Officiating, told Islanders general manager Garth Snow that the call was made by the referees on the ice.
* Walkom told Snow the referees disallowed the goal because Islanders defenseman Brendan Witt crashed into Buffalo goaltender Ryan Miller, causing the puck to cross the goal line.
* There is at least one clear, definitive replay that shows the puck sitting on the goal line between Miller's legs and then Brendan Witt, uncontested, skating in and slamming the puck into the net. Not a player on either team touches Miller until well after the puck crosses the goal line. Witt never touches Miller at all.

- please hold me tightly

Lute - yeah, you could definitely hear the fans going nuts while he was on the phone. Then a collective groan and deflation afterwards. Just awful man. But hey, at least your teams in the playoffs, lol. IMO, the ref blew the whistle too quick in the first place and and I havent seen each individual replay, just the ones on the telecast but it wasnt conclusive what the call was on those. I feel for ya man.

Noose - hate to see a cup final go down to a hooking calling call in the last 3 minutes. Gone are teh days of having to pull a Chris Simon to get a 2 minute minor in the last 10 minutes and beyond.

I said last night they got f**ked. I didn't know it was as bad as it turned out to be. Really tough beat for the Isles.

SC: I'd rather see a hookng call then the dreaded shoot the puck over the boards call last year...brutal.

THere there Lute
hug.gif
.... lol

Have yourself a drink lute... I thought it should have counted. Seems like the whistle blew after the puck was in. But I had a few beers in me so I wouldnt swear on it.

Manages to pull off 1-1-1 after a 4 goal first, I will certainly consider myself lucky there and move on to Friday nights games.

Friday April 20, 2007

Sides 8-11 -1.82 units
Totals 5-6-3 -0.45 units

Buffalo -1.5 -103

Tampa Bay +165

San Jose / Nashville over 5.5 +115

Nashville -128

Back