Ron English to E. Mich

Was hoping Fred Jackson would get that gig...
icon12.gif

I'm just glad Luck Fickell isn't getting any calls yet.

I was thinking that english was going to get more of a main stream HC job.....I was thinking maybe big 10 somewhere but who knows, maybe he eventually will.

Good fit for English, who can jump right into recruiting in the Michigan area.

Definitely a good defensive mind.

Needs to take over Detroit..no reason EMu can't be good with close proximity to Detroit and Toledo.

Heard him interviewed tonight.

What a class guy. He basically said he considered Carr like a dad to him.

Just showed a lot of class in the interview but what i liked the most was that he got all fired up when asked about the importance of stopping the run. He started talking about pride and manhood at stake when it comes to shutting down the opponents rungame.

Class and toughness should make him a good coach... oh i almost forgot .. when asked if he thought he may have been snubbed from other jobs he interviewed for because he was african-american , he took the high road.

This is a guy that i not only think will succeed but that i will be cheering for.

Heard him interviewed tonight.

What a class guy. He basically said he considered Carr like a dad to him.

Just showed a lot of class in the interview but what i liked the most was that he got all fired up when asked about the importance of stopping the run. He started talking about pride and manhood at stake when it comes to shutting down the opponents rungame.

Class and toughness should make him a good coach... oh i almost forgot .. when asked if he thought he may have been snubbed from other jobs he interviewed for because he was african-american , he took the high road.

This is a guy that i not only think will succeed but that i will be cheering for.

Ditto that.

RE is overrated as a d coordinator, but yes, I hope he does succeed..think he is a better fit as a HC.

RE is overrated as a d coordinator, but yes, I hope he does succeed..think he is a better fit as a HC.
ZZZZZZZ...imo u didn't think he was overrated when everyone thought that 06 D was the second coming of the 85 Bears before getting shredded by tOSU and USC..

Not taking a shot at you hunt, just what I've heard from numerous UM fans about RE...

I think he's a good coordinator and became a fall guy in Ann Arbor...

I dunno man..yes, he was great in 06, but had a horrible end to that season.

Also he wasn't that great at Louisville this year either..defense was consistently scored on.

I personally thought he was a better recruiter.

Well I don't think Pete Carroll could have coached that Lville personnel on D..

He struggled at the end because he faced two top five offenses in football in the last two games..

Yes he's a great recuriter and a good coach...that's just seems a perfect fit at E Mich..

Maybe he can get Fred Jackson on staff..lol

True Jump..Louisville personnel is shitty..English will be fine, he will recruit the hell out of Detroit and Toledo which excites me. Get the B10 leftovers that were going to CMU and WMU etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Carr's regime at EMU as well. Jackson would be crazy to leave a BCS school for a MAC gig, but each to his own.

Back