Romo...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
The bidding war has begun!

ESPN offering something like 10-14 million a year.

I believe CBS can match?

He stays at CBS unless they get Fowler to
Move over to NFL

there also something about him wanting to get more Into golf and he wants to have some Sundays off to play

He stays at CBS unless they get Fowler to
Move over to NFL

there also something about him wanting to get more Into golf and he wants to have some Sundays off to play
I know a few of us said it last fall with the CBS golf crew changes but I was hoping he'd end up doing some tournaments this year.

They gotta get him in the Masters someday , my guess if Verne ever decides to call it he would step in

is romo good enough to play on that second tier tour ?

They gotta get him in the Masters someday , my guess if Verne ever decides to call it he would step in

is romo good enough to play on that second tier tour ?
He does the US Open qualifiers every year.

He played 4 tournaments on PGA tour and obviously missed cut in all.

He tried Q-School for Web.com but didn't advance.

That is the thing if they could get him doing some golf too...he stays with Nantz....terrific chemistry.

I think that's the big thing they offer to keep him, I bet hes on the masters telecast this year or next

The tess thing is right, I dont think he goes to espn to work with tess, i dont think he goes to espn to work with that set of games they get

Only way I see espn is if, games move to abc next deal which is in 2 years? Someone like fowler or maybe steal burkhardt from fox. The Monday nighter gets at least a slate near what snf gets.

I hope he stays at cbs and the let him do golf in the summer when hes not playing

I think espn makes a godfather offer to the sheriff, and if he doesnt accept go with someone in house like orlovsky

As an Eagle fan, I despise everything having to do with the Cowgirls. However, I must admit I really like games with Romo. Love his enthusiasm and knowledge for the game. He's great.

Someone blasted him for the way he is treating this

CBS took a flyer on him and now he is grinding them....not saying I agree, and it could be obv media haters that hate because the priced jumped

There has to be some added role for him . This is a monster salary ,

there was some talk that CBS May have been the odd man out when NFL rights come up again( outbid by Disney) . I think this must have played into the number . Probably zero chance NFL doesn’t renew with CBS when they have arguably best broadcaster

He does the US Open qualifiers every year.

He played 4 tournaments on PGA tour and obviously missed cut in all.

He tried Q-School for Web.com but didn't advance.

My boy JT routed his ass...

also....

That was wild....

I'll miss Booger just got the jokes. Peyton?
The rumor is they are making a big run at him but he not super into it

What about a 3 man booth with peyton and Eli?

Wasnt kurt Warner the runner up to Witten last time? I could see going back to him. I like him whenever nfl network does that game a year with the whole crew with risen, him, steve smith, mooch, but hes not the personality there, hes not entertaining, kinda milquetoast, so it would never be bad because he knows the game, but it wouldnt be great. He would need a 3rd guy. Something like Larry fitz when he retires would be great with Warner I would think. Former teammates too.

If they stay in house it's not flashy but Dan orlovsky is gonna be a star one day

Seen stuff that Cutler is interested in getting back in the booth, but I think I read hes more likely for fox

I wonder if they hold a spot for brees for a season? In which case maybe you go with someone in house and then go 3 man booth 2021 with easy breezy

The big question is what happens with tess, would Fowler take the job? Could swap them and it improves MNF and I dont think CFB takes a big drop, tess is way better there

All the media folks are saying espn gonna offer peyton 20 mil for mnf

If they are doing that, they must have some type of guarantee from nfl they are getting a better deal after this year

Flex games? More playoff games for sure, in the super bowl rotation for sure

If they are doing that, they must have some type of guarantee from nfl they are getting a better deal after this year

Do you think they have some sort of voice altering technology that will make him listenable for 3 hours? I mean dude knows his stuff but that voice is painful to listen to. Maybe they can make it sound as if he doesn't have 3lb of cotton in his mouth at all times.

eta...and I thank you for spelling milquetoast correctly.

Romo is the standard bearer.

Manning basically coming in with very little resume and getting paid that is nuts..

Do you think they have some sort of voice altering technology that will make him listenable for 3 hours? I mean dude knows his stuff but that voice is painful to listen to. Maybe they can make it sound as if he doesn't have 3lb of cotton in his mouth at all times.

eta...and I thank you for spelling milquetoast correctly.
Dude grew up in the Lower Garden District

I know the parents are from Messy but it’s bizaare how he sounds backwoods

For when his career is over...groomed as a Collinsworth replacement perhaps.
So we think he does the studio work? 2nd playoff game if they get one in new deal

I wonder how long collinsworth goes for, he doesn't seem to old, I woulda thought he had another decade in him

Tirico and brees doesnt super excite me for SNF

I am not sure on brees especially, he has some moments, usually in pre game huddles or that pre game speech to purdue last year that are pure fire

But other times hes super long winded and preachy... dont get the little bits of humor like romo, Collinsworth have. Aikman doesnt, but Joe buck is kinda sneaky funny, which makes up for it with troy, tirico is solid but hes a straight man, needs someone with charisma to play off

I'd have preferred someone like cutler, greg olsen, orlovsky, nate burleson etc.

So we think he does the studio work? 2nd playoff game if they get one in new deal

I wonder how long collinsworth goes for, he doesn't seem to old, I woulda thought he had another decade in him
Good question. I was wondering as well since "The Slide" doesn't seem to old for this.

Dick deitsch media reporter for the athletic, thinks these are likely mnf booths

If you could build your ultimate “Monday Night Football” three-person crew with anyone alive or dead in their prime, who would it be? Who do you actually think will be on “MNF” this year? — Matt W.

Let’s take the back part first. I think “Monday Night Football” will be some combination of Steve Levy-Dan Orlovsky, Steve Levy-Brian Greise or Steve Levy and two ESPN NFL analysts, including either Griese or Orlovsky. My ultimate “MNF” three-person booth: Al Michaels, Tony Romo and Charles Barkley.

Back