Rollins over Holliday????

JumpOnBoard

CTG Partner
Alright...I know there's alot of u Phils fan on here...but explain this one to me..

I know the home/away splits for the season...

But I coulda swore I saw Holliday win games daily for Rocks the entire month of September...

I know Phils came through, but was that Mutts collapse or did Rollins instigate that?

Rollins was MVP for two months and became the third best SS in the NL in my mind...

Set me right guys.

jump - i am with you. I am shocked Rollins won it. Look he had a great yr but he wasn't Matt Holliday

yep...gotta agree with u guys. holliday got hosed.

my guess is that the pathetic attempt at a slide, in the one game playoff w/ SD where he ate dirt, was the deciding factor. j/k...but really, it's about the only time he looked bad all season...and that was scoring the winning run, lol.

Alright...I know there's alot of u Phils fan on here...but explain this one to me..

I know the home/away splits for the season...

But I coulda swore I saw Holliday win games daily for Rocks the entire month of September...

I know Phils came through, but was that Mutts collapse or did Rollins instigate that?

Rollins was MVP for two months and became the third best SS in the NL in my mind...

Set me right guys.

Third best SS in the NL?, surely you jest.:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6: Don't tell me you think Jose Reyes is one of the other two. Hanley, maybe.

Rollins batted .346 with six homers and 15 RBIs against the Mets. He talked the talk and gave the Phillies a spine. In a June sweep of the Mets, Rollins hit a full count two out three run homer in the eighth that won the game as the Phils were being shut out 2-0. Later in the season he hit a two out two run double against the Mets in the eighth in September. He was a monster this season in the clutch and is worthy of the award.

The first player in major league history to have 30 homers, 30 doubles, 30 steals and 20 triples in one season, 30 HR, 20 3B, 38 Doubles, 94 RBI as a LEAD OFF hitter. 139 Runs scored, 41 stolen bases. Excellent leader who was awesome in key games and gives you gold glove defense.

Holliday would have been a fine choice as well but Rollins was great and more 'valuable'.

Rollins did things offensively this year that NO ONE has EVER done

He carried the team all year

Well deserved

I am also for Holliday. What they did this year was amazing. And he was the "top boy" from this team... The last point against Padres, then they beat Phillies (with Rollins)....
I think he is MVP....for me.

I am also for Holliday. What they did this year was amazing. And he was the "top boy" from this team... The last point against Padres, then they beat Phillies (with Rollins)....
I think he is MVP....for me.

Postseason means nothing for these awards

theyre voted on before that anyway

The Rockies got screwed across the board.

I'm not saying Rollins didn't have a great year, but what this ends up being is just another in the long line of slights that franchise has been hit with as these awards have been handed out.

Shit Id take Hanley and Reyes over Rollins. I thought Holliday should have got it though

I would rank them overall, not for the season they had, but who I'd want:

1. Hanley
2. Reyes
3. Rollins

Rollins had a great year but alot of it was just a couple months...Holliday deserved this award IMO.

Thats the same way I would rank them Jump. I would think about taking Hanley over any player in the NL if I had to start a franchise with one player.

I can definitely see why people would take Hanley but I'm curious, did any of you actually watch Jose Reyes this season?

He was awful considering his ability. The guy is world class at not hustling, laughing when his team is losing and coming up with cool handshakes along with disappearing when your team needs you most.

Maybe you take him because of potential but his play in 2007 was nowhere close to Jimmy Rollins.

Back