Rod's Rugby League/Union/AFL (4/20-4/23)

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Rugby Union 20-14-1 (+11.20 units)

AFL 10-5-0 (+15.02 units)

Rugby League 12-7-0 (+9.95 units)

OVERALL 42-26-1 (+36.17 units)

:cheers:

Rod, do you have any idea who will be kicking for the Blues this week in the S14. No McAllister, no Nacewa. Can't find a thing anywhere

Rod, do you have any idea who will be kicking for the Blues this week in the S14. No McAllister, no Nacewa. Can't find a thing anywhere

David Howell is starting at fly half this week - so one would expect him to take on the spot kicking and on field kicking duties. Shrewd move by Nucifora IMO, he is the best tactical kicker in the Blues squad, exactly what you need to move those big forwards around the park all day.

Good luck, Rod.

No posts for me this week........just in a horrific footy slump and need to purge my brain for a few weeks.

Cheers

PS

You watching any Monte Carlo? Looks like Nadal is flat out unbeatable unless he gets hurt. Nothing anyone can do to hurt him, especially at Monte Carlo, where the dirt is heavy and court plays slower than slow.

Thanks fellas. One more for tonight in the ANZAC Test match in the rugby league. These 'one off' game seem to invariably suit the Australians more than the Kiwis who in recent times have performed better when they have had more time to spend as a squad in camp as seen with their strong Tri-nations performances over the past 2 years.

Australia possess more experience in the key positions and have the class factor over their opponents. Also having a look at the Kiwis atrocious record in Brisbane doesn't really give me much confidence in backing them tonight.

Going to pass on taking a side, I believe the 8.5 is pretty much right in terms of line, however I don't see a blowout in terms of score therefore going to take the total in this one instead.

u42.5 Australia v New Zealand - (+100) (2.5)

Thanks fellas. One more for tonight in the ANZAC Test match in the rugby league. These 'one off' game seem to invariably suit the Australians more than the Kiwis who in recent times have performed better when they have had more time to spend as a squad in camp as seen with their strong Tri-nations performances over the past 2 years.

Australia possess more experience in the key positions and have the class factor over their opponents. Also having a look at the Kiwis atrocious record in Brisbane doesn't really give me much confidence in backing them tonight.

Going to pass on taking a side, I believe the 8.5 is pretty much right in terms of line, however I don't see a blowout in terms of score therefore going to take the total in this one instead.

u42.5 Australia v New Zealand - (+100) (2.5)

:wacka wacka:

AFL

Magpies to beat Power - (-105) (3)

I'm also taking the 'over' in the Bombers-Saints game once centrebet release their totals lines.

Going to wheel and deal in the super 14 rugby union today.

o43.5 Reds v Cheetahs (3.5)

Chiefs -1.5 v Sharks (4)

Will add more for the Tahs and the RSA games later.

Oh and for all the lurkers out there you guys do know you are allowed to sign up here on CTG and post plays as well right?

Just getting a little lonely here talking to myself ;)

Rod

What is your expected score in the Port Collingwood game?

I am thinking about a half unit on over 221 @$8.50.

Port have gone over this number in two of their three games so I see some value in it. Wouldn't suprise me if it was high scoring.

Why do you like Collingwood? I was leaning to Port.

Thanks for sharing your picks.

Rod

What is your expected score in the Port Collingwood game?

I am thinking about a half unit on over 221 @$8.50.

Pies are by nature a high scoring team and suprisingly for me the Power have put up a a couple of large scores this season as well so it may be worth a small bet. However I would have felt more comfortable if it were played at the Dome instead of the G.

Port have gone over this number in two of their three games so I see some value in it. Wouldn't suprise me if it was high scoring.

Why do you like Collingwood? I was leaning to Port.

Thanks for sharing your picks.

This is a bit of a toss of a coin job, but no Brogan in ruck should ensure the Pies dominate the post stoppage plays IMO this afternoon. Add to that their recent home and away record against the Power and this one being played at the G, I'll take the home dog. However don't be suprised this is similar to last year where Port shot off the blocks early but the Pies reeling them in late to get the win on the back of the superior fitness.

Centrebet finally have their total lines out. No Gehrig wiill obviously hurt my chances here but the Biombers are simply playing such loose footy at the moment, the Saints midfield are going to have a lot of chances on the run IMO today:

206 or over Saints v Bombers - (+110) (3)

Btw binomial - the weather looks a little dodgy for Melbourne this afternoon, something to keep in mind if you do decide to have a ping at that total at the G

How bad is the weather looking? I checked yahoo earlier and it said it was looking fine with a bit of wind.

While Brogan is a quality player Lade rucked most of the game last week and was pretty dominant when Brogan went down.

Port could do with Pearce who was on fire in the first two weeks, but I like Symes who comes in.

I am wondering if Collingwood having to play on Wednesday will effect them. I can imagine some of the older players will not be looking forward to it.

Not comfortable going against you but i think i will have a unit on Port.

Rain in Melbourne based on the Pies-Power game means under in the league game later tonight

NRL Rugby League

u43.5 Storm v Panthers - (-120) (3)

:shake:

do you reckon wet weather dramatically reduces the score in League generally?

i have never looked at the numbers but can remember being burnt several times due to lots of easy tries being scored due to knock ons, dropped bombs etc by the defensive team near the tryline.

yeah i am on the over 220 in the AFL I also have over 177.5 which looks a chance at the half, but i am not holding my breath.

do you reckon wet weather dramatically reduces the score in League generally?

i have never looked at the numbers but can remember being burnt several times due to lots of easy tries being scored due to knock ons, dropped bombs etc by the defensive team near the tryline.

yeah i am on the over 220 in the AFL I also have over 177.5 which looks a chance at the half, but i am not holding my breath.

The above bet is two fold - Storm has probably the best defense in the league, any total set in the 40's when they are involved in needs serious consideration. Rain is a bonus in this case.

In general, rain does have quite an affect in league and union from my past experience, ball handling just goes out the window

Rain in Melbourne based on the Pies-Power game means under in the league game later tonight

NRL Rugby League

u43.5 Storm v Panthers - (-120) (3)

If you were to take a side in this game, would it be the Storm or the Panthers?

I'm leaning on the Panthers plus the points.

Thanks!

If you were to take a side in this game, would it be the Storm or the Panthers?

I'm leaning on the Panthers plus the points.

Thanks!

Gun to my head I'd say Panthers but not strong enough to make a play on it

Better card with the League tomorrow IMO

it will be pretty tough for Collingwood to back up for Wednesday after such a tough game and it looked like a few players got minor injuries.

be looking to back Essendon if the line isn't too big.

god damn, watching this Reds game is like getting beaten to death with a bag of oranges ....:pillow: .......

We're approaching nearly 3 whole S14 rounds without a half/full-time *changeover* - thats as rare as hens teeth (and why my recent bets have been what they've been). Didnt trust the Shitters, er, Cheetahs, to be the team to contribute to breaking that streak but I believe 1 if not both games tonight - WAI-STM & NSW-OTG - will contain such a result. Problem is deciding which team is the SU winner since I'm unwilling to back both options (I'll ignore the draw, if it happens then shit happens). Might be a case of wait til halftime and look at who's down by what, and what the odds are.

But BOL w/Waikato, they've certainly got the form on the board.

Last edited:
BC-

No doubt, Waikato is on form right now, but short line on them looks and smells like a trap.

No bet for me on that one, but man oh man do I like Otago to roll.

s14 - Rugby Union

Always easy to fade the brutal Tahs this season unfortunately...

Highlanders +2 v Waratahs (3)

not even halftime and you can as good as count your winnings on the above play ... Highlanders have more than enough points on the board to win let alone cover against the Tahs .... unfortunately...

Rugby Union - European Cup SF

Llaneli Scarlets +6.5 v Leicester (4)

Looking for the Walker curse to continue with the Tigers, the game should have been at pk'em to begin with IMO with the Scarlets arguably being the most impressive of the remianing 4 teams left in the competition both home and away. Tigers only real advantage is in the forwards, they are going to do the same thing to what they did to the Ospreys last week, as long as the Scarlets can withold that I their creativity in the backs should make them very competitive in this one.

Otago somehow manage to get lucky and have the hooter sound before they "clutched defeat from the jaws of victory."

Maddening the last 14 minutes, to say the least.

Back