Rod's NBA Playoffs 2006/07

4/26 Thursday

Pistons -2 v Magic (3.5)

Yes I am aware of the whole Pistons' "Playoff Game 3" curse but what I also know is that
*This team has swept the Magic during the regular season going 4-0 and cruised in their first two games of the playoffs without ever being behind after the 1Q in both games. Why would they start losin to this team now at the business end of the season? To put this mismatch of a series in some perspective the Pistons road record this season of 27-14 is better than what the Magic's home record at Amway Arena 25-16 this season.
*Nelson is getting his ass handed to him on a plate by Billups as expected, the kid is struggling with his shooting and therefore the Magic are relying too much on Hedo and Hill to get it done. Pistons' overall balance will ensure that the Magic would have to pretty much play the game of their lives to win this one tonight
*It's obvious the Pistons are aware of what went down last season where they dominated the reg season and basically ran out of legs come the back end of the playoffs. I'll dig up a quote posted earlier in this theread by Saunders at the beginning of the series basically aknowledging that fact:

"It's important to take care of business as quick as you can in the playoffs, if you can get people out of the way quickly, get them out of the way."

u211.5 Lakers v Suns (2.5)

After hitting the over in game 2 of this series I'm back on the under bandwagon. This game is effectively the Lakers last hurrah, they drop this and they most likely get swept, so look for them to go back what has worked well for them against the Suns in recent success by slowing the tempo of the game down but shutting out the Suns transitions game and pounding the ball inside on offense.

-------------------

No play in the Jazz-Rox game, even though the Rox are clearly the superior team in this series the Jazz for the main have shown this season they are damn hard to beat in SLC. Lean on the Jazz to get it done tonight however will most likely be on the Rox ML in game 4 to kill off the series and close in 5.

:cheers:

Last edited:
The Suns 37 point second quarter in Game 2 and 126 points game scored was the most scored against a Jackson coached team ever in the post season in a non overtime game

I wonder if the Zen Master is aware of this...hmmmm :shake:

I'm pretty sure Phil's aware that his team simply wasn't playing defense...especially at the hoop for layups.

Pistons -2 v Magic (3.5) - WIN

u211.5 Lakers v Suns (2.5) - WIN

Lakers ML v Suns - (+175) (1) - WIN

Playoffs Record (12-6-2) +15.30 units

Get the broom out :shake:

Rod,
Great night last night - as a lakers fan I wanted to leave the game alone last night but when I saw your plays, I jumped on your back. Congrats to us!! Keep it rolling

Thanks fellas

4/27 Friday

No play for me the Bulls-Heat game. Given I have the Heat for the series, and given they have looked like a bunch of retired players on offense and turnstiles on defense I simply can not back this team right now. The best player in the league IMO is battling shoulder problems and knee tendinitis and it has gone to the extent that he is not even the best player on the court in this series right now - Slasher Deng is a stud, nobody can matchup with him from the Heat team, I read Riley is may try and throw Posey on him to add a bit of physical presence but I honestly doubt that would make too much difference. I did have a lean on the under as I believe the Heat will get physical tonight to compensate for the their lack of speed against the Bulls however again, backing UNDER in a Bulls game right now seems like a bit of suicide right now given the way they are shooting the 3 ball. I would love to say that given this one is on the road, their offense will go missing, but since the All star break their road record has been 9-4 which is very acceptable.

Therefore will just watch and cheer for a Heat win and reassess the series price market to see how I can sell of the above future. In reality I'm going to need the Heat to win both home games to make that happen though.

Raptors @ Nets: Raptors I think is fair to say have been extremely nervous the first two games, their playoff inexperience was for all to see and they are really missing that 3rd scoring option. They need more production from the Ford and the Italian stallion, Bosh and Parker can't get it done tonight by themselves. They also need to improve their woeful shooting performance. HOWEVER, what the did down the stretch in game 2 could only do wonders to their confidence leading to their games on the road. I still maintain they are the better team in this matchup, going to pull the trigger on them even though they have not won in Joisey this season:

Raptors +4 v Nets (3)

Will add some thoughts on the final game bit later.

Last edited:
GL, Mo-P will be the third scoring option. Smitch has finally realized that JGraham CAN'T play in this league.

Was intending to make this a bigger play but given I'm done my money with the craptors looking to get a split less the juice tonight

Mavs -3.5 v Warriors (3)

:shake:

Raptors +4 v Nets (3) - LOSS

Mavs -3.5 v Warriors (3) - LOSS

Mavs -5.5 2H v Warriors (2.5) - LOSS

Another sweep for me :spank:

Playoffs Record (12-9-2) +6.80 units

I have never seen the Mavs that frustrated on offense this season. Mavs has no answers for the Warrirors transition game, they are just too slow to get back on defense. Unfortunately it took me 3 games to realise it.

Congrats Warriors backers :shake:

4/28 Saturday

Pistons -4.5 v Magic (3)

Nothing much to say in this series that hasn't been said already. Pistons also 11-1 when the series is there for the taking. Magic are done, it is just a question of by how much this afternoon.

u190.5 Wizards v Cavs (3)

Wizards back at home today and once again in all liklihood compensate for the lack of offense with greater hustle and emphasis on the other end of the floor. Game 2 was a bit of an aberration, you got bums like Gooden shooting 10-13 from the field, that is not happening again this evening. Apart from the game against Indiana 10 days ago, Wizards have been hovering around the 35-40% range from the floor.

Nuggets +2 v Spurs (3)

I'm ignoring the recent history in this one between the two teams - these are two very different teams playing tonight and what is more Nuggets have shown enough to me in the first two games that they will compete this series. What is even more impressive from the Nuggets players throughout this series has been the rhetoric around playing some defense. They have the ability to run the Spurs out of the gym but there is nothing gung-ho about their play thus far. This one should go right down to the wire tonight.

------------------------------------------------------
I was all set to take the Rox ML as well - but then realised there was only 4 players from the Rockets who troubled the scorers in Game 3. They have to show they can bring some offense on the road before I even think about backing them on the road. I still believe they can take this series out, but more and more I am tempted by that +260 available for the Jazz in the series.

Raptors +4 v Nets (3) - LOSS

Mavs -3.5 v Warriors (3) - LOSS

Mavs -5.5 2H v Warriors (2.5) - LOSS

Another sweep for me :spank:

Playoffs Record (12-9-2) +6.80 units

I have never seen the Mavs that frustrated on offense this season. Mavs has no answers for the Warrirors transition game, they are just too slow to get back on defense. Unfortunately it took me 3 games to realise it.

Congrats Warriors backers :shake:
Tell me about it. Dallas 2h cost me tons of moolah!:pillow:

Pistons -4.5 v Magic (3) - LOSS

u190.5 Wizards v Cavs (3) - WIN

Nuggets +2 v Spurs (3) - LOSS

Playoffs Record (13-11-2) +3.50 units

:shake:

Im disappointed Denver lost. I thought they needed to win to have a chance at the series. I really think winning game 4 will be difficult for them now.

Im disappointed Denver lost. I thought they needed to win to have a chance at the series. I really think winning game 4 will be difficult for them now.

Yep pretty much, you can stick a fork in them this season

Suns-Spurs semi final is inevitable now

Back