Rod's NBA Playoffs 2006/07

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Playoffs (0-0-0) -

All playoff bets will be between 1-5 units.

Play #1:
Cavs to win Eastern Conference - (+386) (3.5)
Getting that number 2 seed has basically opened things up for the Cavs with respect to their path to the conference finals. Not only do they avoid the Bulls, Heat and Pistons up till then who are clearly the other main contenders in the East, they play a banged up Wizards team in round 1 (conceivably without dropping a game) and in all liklihood an inexperienced post season team in round 2 being the Raptors who they hold a 3-1 season advantage over. Expect them to come out of their draw the more 'fresher' of the two teams who make the conference final regardless of who they meet given the Bulls/Heat/Pistons will undoubtedly be bashing the proverbial out of each other.

I'll be looking to hedge this bet come conference semi final time depending on the teams who play on the other side of the draw.

I've been thinking about the Bulls-Heat series for the past day and trying to figure out the best way to approach it. Once I saw the Bulls lose to the Nets on Wednesday I knew I had to fade this team in round 1. They effectively played the biggest game of the season against the Nets and failed miserably, any kind of momentum and confidence the young Bulls team developed over the past month was lost all in one game. One can only imagine what these players are thinking right now knowing they have just blown their best opportunity to win the Eastern Conference since the days of MJ and Pippen. That #2 seed was so crucial for obvious reasons, I just don't see how this team can rebound from it against a team designed purely for the post season. Did anyone see PJ Brown's reaction after the Nets game? He was close to tears, the players knew what was on the line that night.

Momentum is such a valuable intangible come playoffs time, look for the Heat to come out hard in game 1 and kick this team while they are down.

Not bothering with the series bet in this one, Bulls are ripe for the picking in game 1 and the series will sort itself from there IMO and the price I can get on the Heat ML in game 1 is a good 30 cents higher than the Heat series.

Saturday 4/21

Play #2: Game 1: Heat ML v Bulls (+166) (3)
<o ="">
</o>

I want to lock this total in for Sunday before it drops:

Sunday 4/22

Play #3: Game 1: u214.5 Suns v Lakers (3.5)

Buy yourself the Lakers-Suns Round 1 DVD of last season and you will know why this total is at least 10 points inflated. Jackson knows he is not going to beat the Suns by engaging in a shootout, the name of the game for the Lakers is to slow the tempo down by throwing the bodies in the paint, apply constant press throughout the game on defense to slow down the Suns transition games and demand the Suns to hit their outside shots. That was the blueprint last season in Rd 1, they came close to pinching the series from the Suns, can't see any reason why it should change this season.

Saturday 4/21

Play #4: Game 1: Pistons -8.5 v Magic (4)

Pistons have the greater playoff experience and have one of the biggest mismatches at PG in the first round 1 of this season's NBA playoffs to their advantage. Billups was one of the main catalyst for the Pistons 4-0 SU & 3-0-1 ATS season domination over the Magic averaging 26 PPG against them. Magic won't know what hit the Pistons when the Pistons are up by plenty early in the game.

You just got to read the talk coming out of the Pistons camp to understand they are on a mission to reverse their lacklustre playoff performance of last season - winning is a foregone conclusion, Billups & Saunders are aware of how killing of series' quickly is important. Billups: "For as long as I've been here, we've never swept a team in the playoffs. Never."

Saunders: "It's important to take care of business as quick as you can in the playoffs, if you can get people out of the way quickly, get them out of the way."

GL sir! I will be adding DET 1H myself when the line becomes available at my book. I believe Orlando is the worst of all 16 playoff teams.

good luck Rod, splendid stuff there buddy. :shake:

Believe, that's what I'm waiting as well ;) :D

Play #2: Game 1: Heat ML v Bulls (+166) - LOSS

Playoffs Record (0-1-0) -3.00 units

At worst I believe the champs will get the split hence will be on them for the series and most likely ML in game 2. One win in Chicago should be enough for them to take the series IMO.

Play #4: Game 1: Pistons -8.5 v Magic - LOSS

Playoffs Record (0-2-0) -7.00 units

No Series bets out west for me, don't see either the Suns, Mavs or Spurs being pushed to 7 games. One more add in Cleveland for tomorrow along with my under in Phoenix.

Will post bit later.

Play #5: Game 1: Cavs -7 v Wizards 1H (3.5)

Play #6: Game 1: Cavs -12 v Wizards (2.5)

Play #7: u191.5 Cavs v Wizards (3)

More on these later, call me a sucker for punishment with these big spreads. Along with the Lakers-Suns under that is probably it for me on Sunday.

:cheers:

some tough losses for both of us on the first day, let's nail them tomorrow shall we ;).

Play #5: Game 1: Cavs -7 v Wizards 1H (3.5) - PUSH

Play #6: Game 1: Cavs -12 v Wizards (2.5) - WIN

Play #7: u191.5 Cavs v Wizards (3) - WIN

Playoffs Record (2-2-1) -2.05 units

Under in Phoenix pending :shake:

Adding:

Play #8: u196.5 Spurs v Nuggets (3)

Play #9: Mavs -9 v Warriors (3.5)

<insert popcorn="" eating="" image=""><insert popcorn="" eating="" image="">
*Insert Popcorn eating image

BOL :shake:</insert></insert>

Just some more housekeeping

Play #3: Game 1: u214.5 Suns v Lakers - WIN

Playoffs Record (3-2-1) +1.10 units

Green looks so much better - Nugs-Spurs under + Mavs - pending for tonight

:shake:

I seen your Covers post. Very kind act by you! I definately recommend the Pat Tillman fund. It's appropriate since he was an athlete, and it'll show respect to a MAN whose death was UNBELIEVABLY covered up by those scum bag military officials and the scum bag US government.

Once again, great act by you...

Last edited:
Play #8: u196.5 Spurs v Nuggets (3) - WIN

Play #9: Mavs -9 v Warriors (3.5) - LOSS

Play #10: Mavs -6.5 v Warriors 2H (3) - LOSS

Playoffs Record (4-4-1) -2.70 units

All up a +ve day but still in the red overall. Simply stunning performance by the Warriors obviously, Nellie out thought the apprentice yesterday :shake:

I seen your Covers post. Very kind act by you! I definately recommend the Pat Tillman fund. It's appropriate since he was an athlete, and it'll show respect to a MAN whose death was UNBELIEVABLY covered up by those scum bag military officials and the scum bag US government.

Once again, great act by you...

At least with my pair of losses to end the night some good will come out of it :)

Playoffs Record (4-4-1) -2.70units

<o =""> </o>Shitty day 1 of the playoffs, was able to get a little back yesterday. Moving on.<o =""></o>

23/4 Monday
<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
Pistons -8 v Magic (3.5)<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
Pistons -4.5 v Magic 1H (2)<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
u182.5 Pistons v Magic (2)<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
Magic shoot in the high 50's from the floor and although they managed to get the cover, in reality they were never in the game from start to nfinish. I'll still maintain this is the biggest Rd 1 mismatch of the whole playoffs, and provided the shavers rectify their laziness down the stretch which 'Sheed acknowledged post game, this time they should follow through with a DD win. Straight from the horse's mouth:<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
"I think we may have gotten a little lazy in our execution toward the end of the game, but that's something we can definitely improve on and make it a bigger, bigger deficit next time"

<o =""></o>

Pistons -8 v Magic (3.5) - PUSH<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
Pistons -4.5 v Magic 1H (2) - LOSS<o =""></o>
<o =""></o>
u182.5 Pistons v Magic (2) - LOSS

Playoffs Record (4-6-2) -6.70units

First few days are never easy Rod...

better spots coming up..

gl tonight

I saw that @ Covers as well..good stuff!

4/24 Tuesday

Raptors -5 v Nets (3.5)

EDIT:
Making the above now a (4) play

GL

Last edited:
Good hit Rod. Love that you maintained your faith in my beloved Raps.

Just good to see the young team make a contest out of this series when many wrote them off after game 1. This will be massive for their confidence as they head to Joisey.

Long ways to go in this series :shake:

Raptors -5 v Nets (4) - WIN

Raptors -5.5 2H v Nets (3.5) - WIN

o206.5 Suns v Lakers (2.5) - WIN

Playoffs Record (7-6-2) +2.30 units

Thanks JP

4/25 Wednesday

Locking these in now, will add some thoughts to it along with the other Wednesday games bit later.

u194 Spurs v Nuggets (3.5)

Wizards +11.5 v Cavs (3)

May increase the stake on the Wizbangs at +11.5 after I get some sleep. Will see how this lines moves before deciding though I don't believe I will need double digits in this one.

been meaning to ask you bout your avatar. who is it?

i like that under in SA, as well.

u194 Spurs v Nuggets (3.5) - WIN

Wizards +11.5 v Cavs (3) - WIN

Playoffs Record (9-6-2) +8.15 units

Sweep 'em up, back tomorrow

been meaning to ask you bout your avatar. who is it?

He is a rugby union player called Lote Tuqiri. Guy is a monster when on song unfortunately a bit out of form this season. Built like a linebacker but got the speed of a sprinter.

If you want to learn more about the game or even bet on it check out my signature ;)

I wonder if he's gonna get an offer from the Cowboys. I think that was the rumour going around about Lomu a few years back.

Back