Rod's European Basketball (November '07)

Thursday

CSKA Moscow +6.5 over Tau (4)

I'm probably a sucker today for taking Moscow today but whenever I see a + in front of a line for CSKA Moscow I feel obligated to take it. Today the reason why not many are giving them much hope in Vitoria is because CSKA will be missing 3 of its gun players (Smodis, Savrasenko and Papaloukas) with Siskauskas expected to suit up but his participation is questionable. Tau at home are basically unbeatable as their record over the past 3 seasons have indicated in Euroleague however even with the absentees CSKA have plenty of depth to cover: - Goree and Andersen will now start with Langdon and Holden taking up the pivot positions in the backcourt without Theo.

Leaning on Milano to beat Maccabi who have shown absolutely nothing over the past fortnight both domestically and in Europe. Their road form has been terrible for more than a season now and have already started this season 0-2 SU/ATS on the road. Milano had a very good win in Greece against Aris last week and then against Udine in the Italian A league over the weekend. Booker has definitely provided this team with more direction at PG and thereby reducing the burden on Gallinari.

Thursday

CSKA Moscow +6.5 over Tau (4)

Milano +1.5 over Maccabi (3)

FT: CSKA Moscow 85-76 - WIN +3.6 units

FT: Maccabi 82-81 - WIN +2.7 units

Round 6 (3-0-0) +10.8 units

Euroleague YTD (18-10-0) +19.75 units

I was able to watch the second half of the game in Vitoria. Supreme performance by a supreme team, simple as that.

My Panathinaikos wager for them to top the group looks pretty handsome right now as well. They are the only team that can match it toe for toe with the men from Moscow IMO this season. After a sluggish start to the season they are starting to fire on all cylinders.

Even without DD they took Ulker to the cleaners in that second half :tiphat:

Back