Rockets Fire Kevin McHale

Terrible coach actually fired from NBA team? That's a rare... Usually the good ones get fired and the bad ones keep their jobs...

Players suck, but he is a terrible coach. Actually in the league aren't that many good coaches. I'm still waiting for Wittman, Scott and Casey to get canned...

Players suck, but he is a terrible coach. Actually in the league aren't that many good coaches. I'm still waiting for Wittman, Scott and Casey to get canned...

What about Blatt ?

He coached a brutal final final few minutes last night and the Cavs lost. Went with the Hack-a-Drummond in a tied game with 2 mins left.

Not the first time he's failed this season.

As for Lurch aka McFail, bout f'n time.

What about Blatt ?

He coached a brutal final final few minutes last night and the Cavs lost. Went with the Hack-a-Drummond in a tied game with 2 mins left.

Not the first time he's failed this season.

As for Lurch aka McFail, bout f'n time.

In that case, we need to fire Pop as well. He is the one that always claims that hacking is best to do when you're ahead and usually does it in similar situations. To foul a 40% FT shooter in a close game, when coach wants to gain a few more possessions - it's the smart idea. I hate all that hacking, so I'm against it, but it's the smart thing to do...
You can continue with Blatt hating all you want though...

Blatt is Bron's puppet just like Brown was...so u really cant say he is a coach there, we know who "coaches" the cavs

as far a as hack a dope goes, well that is as useful as tits on a bull....its like the wild cat, it'll be proven to be stupid and will stop

Way to start a game Houston! They are a disgrace.. After getting your coach fired and having a team only meeting nice start

what players suck? Are they playing poorly- yes but to say they suck is just silly.....

Blatt is Bron's puppet just like Brown was...so u really cant say he is a coach there, we know who "coaches" the cavs

as far a as hack a dope goes, well that is as useful as tits on a bull....its like the wild cat, it'll be proven to be stupid and will stop

This is a little extreme. What does Blatt have to do to get some respect? He's a fine coach, he settled in very well there last season after the calls for him to be fired were circling around (which was ridiculous). Most teams with a star player sees that player have a ton of influence on a coach/team. If a player sees something that a coach didn't/doesn't see, listening to that player doesn't make the coach a bad coach, or mean the player is running the team...it could easily mean he's a good coach who knows when to defer to someone else, even if that someone else is a player. And it certainly would help that coach endear himself to his players.

what players suck? Are they playing poorly- yes but to say they suck is just silly.....

Talent is EVERYWHERE in the league. It's not about talent. It's about molding a team of different personalities that blend with each other.

The rox are a concoction that can blow up anytime.

I don't understand why/how so many people think McHale is a terrible coach. Comical really

Well he shouldn't be considered that good of a coach. He's probably not in the bottom 5-7 in the league, but he's nowhere near the top 5-10 in the league either.

Talent is EVERYWHERE in the league. It's not about talent. It's about molding a team of different personalities that blend with each other.

The rox are a concoction that can blow up anytime.

A lot of that has to do with Dwight. He's a cancer, at least it certainly seems that way. Adding Ty Lawson definitely isn't helping with any team chemistry.

A lot of that has to do with Dwight. He's a cancer, at least it certainly seems that way.

Definitely. Lawson brings forth his own personality issues. Very weird dude off the court. The rockets have too many of these guys that just don't mesh IMO. There is no clear leader or voice.

A lot of that has to do with Dwight. He's a cancer, at least it certainly seems that way. Adding Ty Lawson definitely isn't helping with any team chemistry.

Cant blame it on Howard , had played well when not injured.. Harden has sucked

Calling him a cancer is a cop out...you obviously haven't watched him last years d this year.. The team played well with him... Someone needs to real harden in and start playing the game he knows how to instead of this 1vs1 bullshit...

i would cut dwight asap if i had ownership
u aint winning shit with him

Well he shouldn't be considered that good of a coach. He's probably not in the bottom 5-7 in the league, but he's nowhere near the top 5-10 in the league either.

Fully understand. I found the firing to be a bit too quick but I guess the players hold all the power and he lost the team. He's not a terrible coach.

Fully understand. I found the firing to be a bit too quick but I guess the players hold all the power and he lost the team. He's not a terrible coach.
im pretty sure i would take mchale as my coach every day of the week over bernie bickerstaffs son

I will blame Howard until the end of time. The guy is a clown. He's gotten a little more mature over the past year or so and I think a lot of that has to do with McHale and Olajuwon. Still a cancer IMO

I will blame Howard until the end of time. The guy is a clown.
we agree there
but
still waiting for u to address the OL techniques kids are being taught
u seemed to be confident when u posted that
so tell me

The only thing I'm blaming on Howard is that they have a seemingly volatile locker room that could implode/explode at any minute. He is a cancer, he's a douche bag, he cares only about himself and....in his mind he's a "champion" regardless of the fact he doesn't actually have a championship. Dwight cares more about clowning around, and making sure that people like him, or think he's a fun loving guy, than he does about actually winning basketball games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calling him a cancer is a cop out...you obviously haven't watched him last years d this year.. The team played well with him... Someone needs to real harden in and start playing the game he knows how to instead of this 1vs1 bullshit...

Agree 100% about Harden. That's the only way he knows how to play it would seem.

Agreed. He's not a terrible coach, and it just seems like he wasn't going to turn anything around there because he'd "lost the team."

im pretty sure i would take mchale as my coach every day of the week over bernie bickerstaffs son

It's not about x's and o's there right now though, that's why McHale had to go. They need someone like the Zen master or Pops there right now (obviously will not happen, just an example)...a coach who brings more to the table than just the game strategy. Someone who can hold egos in check and get guys to gel and play together. That was Phil's greatest strength as a coach...and it has to be mentioned because people always want to say he only won because he had the best player in the league on his team every single year, not to mention a top 50 all time NBA player on each team as well...he was the 'master' of getting his teams to play as a team, put their egos aside, and just win.

Very similar, imo, to Joe Torre with the Yankees. Torre wasn't a great manager 'on the field,' his greatest strength was being the calming force and getting the egos to all play nicely together.

Nah, he can play great team ball ... I have seen him do it ... He needs a strict coach/teacher...,

Yeah, I should have said "that's the only way he seems to want to play now." Seems like his ego has gotten the best of him, and he is drinking all of the kool-aid about himself.

Haralabos mentioned that Tibs would be a good hire for Houston. He added that he needs a clause in his contract that he's fined every time a player plays over 35 minutes/game or 'x' minutes a week. lol

Also seems to like Bickerstaff, said he seems sharp and wants to see how he'll perform as coach.

Yeah, I should have said "that's the only way he seems to want to play now." Seems like his ego has gotten the best of him, and he is drinking all of the kool-aid about himself.

Most definitely the look aid.... Due has lots of problems from head cases , injuries, coaching and they don't even have josh smith anymore...
btw don't think bicker staff will be around much ...not sure who else is available (retreads) as a good hard nose coach...

Actually many of them. I really don't like Lawson. I think that he is beyond terrible defender and takes on defense, anything he brings on offense. He and Harden together, is just a horrible combo.

Dwight, as everyone already said, has tons of mental problems, but on top of that, he is just not the player he was before and together, he brings more bad things than good at the moment. I also think that Rockets should have tried harder to keep Josh Smith who is a good fried with Dwight (and still chose to leave Rockets in Clippers favor).

Harden is a great player, but I don't like his style of play on many levels and again, you can't be superstar, when you bring it on, on one side of the floor only.

Rockets have great supporting cast, but when stars have so many flaws - you have to have the right coach, that will manage the team right.

Most definitely the look aid.... Due has lots of problems from head cases , injuries, coaching and they don't even have josh smith anymore...
btw don't think bicker staff will be around much ...not sure who else is available (retreads) as a good hard nose coach...

Not sure he will be around either, but if Haralabos has been high on him for years, and thinks he's sharp I'd like to see him at least get a fair shake.

Tibs is available.

Lawrence Frank? Not so sure he's a tough nosed coach, but he deserves a shot somewhere. He's probably just waiting for Doc (not a very good coach) to be shit canned or decide to leave and take over that talent pool. :o

Doc aint going anywhere for a long while....

Problem with thibs is he is not a head coach,, more of a defensive coordinator... someone with a good offensive mind needs to be the head coach and let thibs run the defense...

Doc aint going anywhere for a long while....

Problem with thibs is he is not a head coach,, more of a defensive coordinator... someone with a good offensive mind needs to be the head coach and let thibs run the defense...

Right, was just talking about the discipline/hard nosed attitude he would bring. That is exactly what that team needs if they can't get a Zen master. :cool:

Thibs could always be the head coach and get an offensive mind as an assistant to run the offense. This way Thibs gets the 'respect' in the locker room as the head coach, which he would need if he's going to be the disciplinarian....imo.

Actually many of them. I really don't like Lawson. I think that he is beyond terrible defender and takes on defense, anything he brings on offense. He and Harden together, is just a horrible combo.

Dwight, as everyone already said, has tons of mental problems, but on top of that, he is just not the player he was before and together, he brings more bad things than good at the moment. I also think that Rockets should have tried harder to keep Josh Smith who is a good fried with Dwight (and still chose to leave Rockets in Clippers favor).

Harden is a great player, but I don't like his style of play on many levels and again, you can't be superstar, when you bring it on, on one side of the floor only.

Rockets have great supporting cast, but when stars have so many flaws - you have to have the right coach, that will manage the team right.

so lawson, harden and howard suck -- these are the many - then they have a great supporting cast??? so which is it? many that suck and a great supporting cast..

Time to move om with the Howard is a cancer stuff... one it just isnt a nice thing to say... 2, has played well since being on the Rox -- no b.s. just playing hard...

so lawson, harden and howard suck -- these are the many - then they have a great supporting cast??? so which is it? many that suck and a great supporting cast..

Time to move om with the Howard is a cancer stuff... one it just isnt a nice thing to say... 2, has played well since being on the Rox -- no b.s. just playing hard...

Come on Cash. Not a nice thing to say? A bit dramatic, don't you think?

Him playing well isn't the issue, him being a cancer doesn't necessarily have anything to do with his play on the court. It's his immaturity, his aloofness, his selfishness, his seemingly complacent attitude without that killer instinct that a champion usually has. I mean, again, he called himself a champion and said he didn't care what anyone said...dude, you didn't win a championship, and people should ridicule you for making that ridiculous statement...it's not little league where everyone gets a trophy...stop acting like a child Dwight.

Not defending Divol at all, but I don't think he's couting Lawson and Howard in the "supporting cast." He's probably talking about their bench/role players.

But Harden and Lawson in the back court together is easily one of the worst defensive back courts in the NBA.

Come on Cash. Not a nice thing to say? A bit dramatic, don't you think?

Him playing well isn't the issue, him being a cancer doesn't necessarily have anything to do with his play on the court. It's his immaturity, his aloofness, his selfishness, his seemingly complacent attitude without that killer instinct that a champion usually has. I mean, again, he called himself a champion and said he didn't care what anyone said...dude, you didn't win a championship, and people should ridicule you for making that ridiculous statement...it's not little league where everyone gets a trophy...stop acting like a child Dwight.

taking from the KG calling villanueva somethimg cancer (i forget the exact words) ay how...

i thought he had that killer instinct when he came back from injury last year,, all that other stuff was with kobe -- he did it just to get under kobes skin...it worked...

Not defending Divol at all, but I don't think he's couting Lawson and Howard in the "supporting cast." He's probably talking about their bench/role players.

But Harden and Lawson in the back court together is easily one of the worst defensive back courts in the NBA.

yes they are,, peverly is/was hurt....he should have been starting all along with harden and lawson should have come off the bench.. mchale didnt do it.. ariza is hurt, jones was hurt and dwight not playing b2b2 gams... easy to say they suck..when you dont understand the game and the situations....

taking from the KG calling villanueva somethimg cancer (i forget the exact words) ay how...

i thought he had that killer instinct when he came back from injury last year,, all that other stuff was with kobe -- he did it just to get under kobes skin...it worked...

Cash, didn't KG say that Villenueva "looked like a cancer patient?" That's a HUGE difference, it's not even remotely comparable.

Referring to someone as a cancer is not, in any way, taking shots at people with cancer. It's a commonly used term to describe someone like Dwight and Boogie.

Back