Robert Guerrero Arrested....

MYFOXNY EXCLUSIVE: Law enforcement sources say that boxing champion Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero was arrested Thursday morning on a weapons charge at JFK Airport.

Guerrero was arrested by Port Authority Police with a .40 caliber Smith and Wesson semi-automatic handgun.

He was attempting to check-in for a flight to Las Vegas at the time of his arrest. He remains in custody and was to be transferred to Queens central booking later in the day.

Sources say that Guerrero went to the Delta ticket counter in Terminal 2 and declared the gun to the ticket agent. As required by law, the agent called the Port Authority Police.

Sources say that Guerrero's gun is legally registered in the state of California but he is not licensed to carry the weapon in New York. The gun was not loaded at the time of his arrest.

Guerrero is being charged with criminal possession of a weapon, according to sources. It's not clear yet what other charges he may face once the case is turned over to the Queens District Attorney.

Guerrero is scheduled to fight Floyd Mayweather on May 4, 2013 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas for Mayweather's WBC Welterweight title.

my bad, we are talking about New York.....some of the dumbest gun laws in the world, where only the criminals carry.

my bad, we are talking about New York.....some of the dumbest gun laws in the world, where only the criminals carry.

They're strict, that's for sure.

The initial report made it seem like he was packing it on him. He actually tried to do the right thing, and check the gun in, but was still arrested.

If he's going to be taking his gun with him on road trips, then it's up to him to be aware of the laws.

Wow. He's facing FOUR felony charges. This District Attorney seems like a prick.

District Attorney Brown said, “I hope that Mr. Guerrero fights better than he thinks. For anyone who hasn’t gotten the message, let me be crystal clear. You cannot bring an unlicensed weapon – loaded or unloaded – into this county or this city. And if you do you will be arrested and face felony charges.”

Wow. Most DA's are complete fucking pricks, and could care less about justice. All they want are convictions, regardless as to whether or not the accused is actually guilty.

LOL! Had to get my act together and find a new job/career. Plus, I recently moved, and my sister is pregnant, so I've been helpin her with all kinds of shit recently.

I'll definitely be around more regularly now that shit has settled down homie.

Back