Road to Omaha

To say this is a unique CWS would be an undersell. It's amazing and not like I'm one for honking SEC but this bracket is fire!

And to think the Vols aren't even a part of it is more insane.

To say this is a unique CWS would be an undersell. It's amazing and not like I'm one for honking SEC but this bracket is fire!

And to think the Vols aren't even a part of it is more insane.
Yeah it's crazy. SEC was loaded this year, but no way did I ever think Auburn and ole Miss would be in the cws early in the season. Texas a&m, Arkansas...maybe

I actually took Notre Dame at +4000 and Texas at +1200 before the supers. I've thought about adding aTm for the +800, but haven't yet.

Bracket 1:
Notre Dame is the most experienced, just hope they don't have any let down this week after beating Tennessee. Also hope all the talk of Jarrett leaving isn't a distraction. Texas has the best offense (according to the numbers) remaining and benefit from a bigger park. Texas a&m has a strong pen and teams have trouble finishing games vs them. Oklahoma has been hot, but their pitching numbers have been very suspect. Have a 5.41 team era and only two arms with era under 4.

Texas a&m/Oklahoma: Texas a&m +120 and u11.5 -120
Notre Dame/Texas: Notre Dame +100 and o9.5 +110

I actually took Notre Dame at +4000 and Texas at +1200 before the supers. I've thought about adding aTm for the +800, but haven't yet.

Bracket 1:
Notre Dame is the most experienced, just hope they don't have any let down this week after beating Tennessee. Also hope all the talk of Jarrett leaving isn't a distraction. Texas has the best offense (according to the numbers) remaining and benefit from a bigger park. Texas a&m has a strong pen and teams have trouble finishing games vs them. Oklahoma has been hot, but their pitching numbers have been very suspect. Have a 5.41 team era and only two arms with era under 4.

Texas a&m/Oklahoma: Texas a&m +120 and u11.5 -120
Notre Dame/Texas: Notre Dame +100 and o9.5 +110
Yea TAMU worth a stab and some Arky outside ones mentioned, like TX

Bracket 2:
Seems like bullpens will be a huge factor with these 4 teams. I'm expecting games to be shortened and stay fairly close.
Stanford is 22-2 since May and returning to CWS. Also has the lowest team era in the bracket at 3.98. Arkansas has scored the least amount of runs/game on avg and allow the most free passes/game on avg, but they have played really well since the post season began. Don't see how Auburn could have enough to make it far-they really aren't that impressive, but could surprise me like they already have. At some point the other teams will understand they shouldn't ever pitch to Sonny D, right? The Ole Miss pen hasn't given up a run in the last 17.2 innings. I expect they will be asked to carry a pretty big load here.

Stanford/Arkansas: Stanford-120 and under 10.5 -120
Auburn/Ole Miss: Ole Miss -135 and over 10 even

Now Carlson and his Auburn teammates are looking to do something that no Auburn team has done since 1967, win the first game of the College World Series. The 1997 team is the only other team to win a game in Omaha, something this group of Tigers is looking to change as they continue a season of trying to prove everyone wrong.

Auburn was at a nearby high school Friday afternoon to take some infield and batting practice as the team prepares to play Ole Miss for the fourth time this season. Auburn took one game of a three-game series against then-No. 1 Ole Miss in March. The Tigers won the second game 19-5 but Ole Miss took the series with a 13-6 win and a 15-2 win.

Bracket 2:
Seems like bullpens will be a huge factor with these 4 teams. I'm expecting games to be shortened and stay fairly close.
Stanford is 22-2 since May and returning to CWS. Also has the lowest team era in the bracket at 3.98. Arkansas has scored the least amount of runs/game on avg and allow the most free passes/game on avg, but they have played really well since the post season began. Don't see how Auburn could have enough to make it far-they really aren't that impressive, but could surprise me like they already have. At some point the other teams will understand they shouldn't ever pitch to Sonny D, right? The Ole Miss pen hasn't given up a run in the last 17.2 innings. I expect they will be asked to carry a pretty big load here.

Stanford/Arkansas: Stanford-120 and under 10.5 -120
Auburn/Ole Miss: Ole Miss -135 and over 10 even

As far as the “Thicc King” as he’s known..

He just didn’t expect the type of surge that followed this season: 22 home runs, 59 RBI, a .392 average, a colossal .809 slugging percentage and, perhaps most impressive, a .560 on-base percentage in 58 games for Auburn.

Entire bracket is a free for all

Guessing you'd do well taking plus odds all the way through

Never seen anything close to this, a 9 overall seed as the favorite in Omaha? Expect the unexpected

Both dogs for me today small, just not any clarity whatsoever

Entire bracket is a free for all

Guessing you'd do well taking plus odds all the way through

Never seen anything close to this, a 9 overall seed as the favorite in Omaha? Expect the unexpected

Both dogs for me today small, just not any clarity whatsoever
Crazy. Favs not only getting beaten but getting DESTROYED

Beginning to look like the weakest parts of this entire bracket were the two favorites!

Holy fucking shit I think I’m literally 0-6 so far betting on the cws. I’ve literally lost every game.
It's a mind explosion

That said I have no issues with the SEC being so represented, they were far and away the best conference this year

It's a mind explosion

That said I have no issues with the SEC being so represented, they were far and away the best conference this year
Either do I. It’s just crazy how bad I’ve been. Being on the wrong side of literally EVERY game. Doesn’t help that I thought Stanford and UT would go far.

• Sad
Reactions: KJ
Either do I. It’s just crazy how bad I’ve been. Being on the wrong side of literally EVERY game. Doesn’t help that I thought Stanford and UT would go far.
After today where I had Tex AM and Ol Miss I am 0-8 for the CWS. Incredible.

If anyone is wondering for fade material I am on Arkansas tomorrow

After today where I had Tex AM and Ol Miss I am 0-8 for the CWS. Incredible.

If anyone is wondering for fade material I am on Arkansas tomorrow
Good luck to you. I'm going to stick with the under 9.5-those have been doing well lately.
DeLucia and Noland should be a fun matchup

Strong pitching for the cws finals. Oklahoma has only allowed 11er in 3 games with a 34-6 k/BB ratio. Ole Miss has a 1.75 era and a 38-6 k/bb ratio. Oklahoma should be slightly favored since they have their starting pitching lined up from only playing 3 games. Bennett, Horton, Sandlin should be the 3 starters. Will be interesting what Ole Miss goes with since they had to use DeLucia. Elliott is good, but sounds like he may not go game 1 because of rest. They have plenty of solid arms so should still be fine.
Hard to not take the underdogs in each game, but if Elliott doesn't start game 1, then I'm going Oklahoma. Under 10.5 as well

Jay Johnson doing work. LSU recruiting class was already number 1 by a mile. The problem, in college baseball, is all these big recruits go MLB and take the money.

He’s raping the portal.

Jay Johnson doing work. LSU recruiting class was already number 1 by a mile. The problem, in college baseball, is all these big recruits go MLB and take the money.

He’s raping the portal.

Probably why I’ve never gotten into ncaa baseball, the Uber talented rarely waste time in college,, it really doesn’t make sense to do so since even if you go to school you still gonna be starting your mlb career in minors so why not go asap? Not to mention the way the clock works for paydays, gotta start that clock! That and I don’t like aluminum bats!!

Probably why I’ve never gotten into ncaa baseball, the Uber talented rarely waste time in college,, it really doesn’t make sense to do so since even if you go to school you still gonna be starting your mlb career in minors so why not go asap? Not to mention the way the clock works for paydays, gotta start that clock! That and I don’t like aluminum bats!!
Eh, I’d say it’s an underrated product. Not saying I watch every LSU or random games all that often. When tourney play starts it heats up.

No leads are really safe and the bats make the fielding tougher, way more errors obviously

And then the regionals and supers and Omaha are fuxking awesome.

I think it’s more fun to follow the guys that do college and make it big or even have decent careers.
I don’t watch minor league ball ever, but we don’t have a team locally or affiliated anymore either

Back