"Richie Incognito touched me" Week 10 discussion thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Mokey
  • Start date Start date
M

Mokey

Starting this early

Raiders ML just because my g men stink and deep down I want the gmen to win :wacky:

Posting my shitty formatted lines out of tradition, its worked so far this year:

[h=2]Thursday, November 07, 2013[/h] [h=3]football[/h] [h=4]NFL[/h]

• #
  • Teams
  • Spread
  • MoneyLn
  • Total
  • TeamOverUnder
8:25 PM | (NFL)

[h=2]Sunday, November 10, 2013[/h] [h=3]football[/h] [h=4]NFL[/h]

• #
  • Teams
  • Spread
  • MoneyLn
  • Total
  • TeamOverUnder
1:00 PM

4:05 PM

4:25 PM

8:30 PM | (NBC)

[h=2]Monday, November 11, 2013[/h] [h=3]football[/h] [h=4]NFL[/h]

• #
  • Teams
  • Spread
  • MoneyLn
  • Total
  • TeamOverUnder
8:40 PM | (ESPN)

Dallas/NO over 52.5 is the only play im locking in right now.

SD +7 is a maybe. maybe a Giants/Saints tease

Dallas/NO over 52.5 is the only play im locking in right now.

SD +7 is a maybe. maybe a Giants/Saints tease

smh I warned u bout the saints and didnt even play the Jets like I said

Dallas offense sucks idk bout that over....

I gotta trust my gut though...i liked the saints and it was just a weird game. Jets d did step up, but saints did have a bunch of flukey turnovers...every pass seemed to bounce off their hands and right to the jets. oh well, i still won on the day so i cant stop thinking differently about things. if they were to play again nexdt week id take saints again.

dallas' offense doesnt suck. they are kind of jeckyll/hyde for sre but i think that game will be a shootout

[h=4]2013 NFL ATS STANDINGS[/h]
TeamSU recordATSStreakO/UStreak
Dallas Cowboys5-47-2L14-5U1
San Francisco 49ers6-26-2W55-3O3
Tennessee Titans4-45-2-1W15-3O2
San Diego Chargers4-45-2-1L14-4O1
Kansas City Chiefs9-06-3W12-7U1
New York Jets5-46-3W15-3-1P1
Indianapolis Colts6-25-3W24-4O2
New Orleans Saints6-25-3L13-4-1P1
Carolina Panthers5-35-3W43-4-1U1
Arizona Cardinals4-45-3W13-5U1
Oakland Raiders3-55-3L12-6O1
Cincinnati Bengals6-35-3-1L15-4U1
Green Bay Packers5-24-3W24-3O1
Seattle Seahawks8-15-4L25-4O1
New England Patriots7-25-4W24-5O1
Cleveland Browns4-55-4W25-4O2
Buffalo Bills3-65-4L25-3-1U1
Denver Broncos7-14-4W18-0W8
Detroit Lions5-34-4L25-3O3
Miami Dolphins4-44-4W14-3-1U2
Baltimore Ravens3-54-4L23-5O1
Philadelphia Eagles4-54-5W16-3O1
Washington Redskins3-53-5W15-3O3
New York Giants2-63-5W34-4U2
Minnesota Vikings1-73-5W15-2-1U1
St. Louis Rams3-63-6L17-2O1
Chicago Bears4-31-5-1L46-1O2
Pittsburgh Steelers2-62-6L23-5O1
Atlanta Falcons2-62-6L25-3U2
Tampa Bay Buccaneers0-82-6W14-4O4
Houston Texans2-61-7L15-3O1
Jacksonville Jaguars0-81-7L24-4O1

<thead>
</thead> <tbody>
</tbody>

Through Week's 1-9...

Favorites: 89-41 SU, 66-62-2 ATS (51.6 percent)*

Home Teams: 81-49 SU, 72-56-2 ATS (56.3 percent)**

Home Dogs: 20-28 SU, 27-21 ATS (56.3 percent)

Double-digit Dogs: 2-16 SU, 10-8 ATS (55.6 percent)

Over/Under: 71-58-3 (55 percent)

*2 games closed as a pick 'em, so no favorite.

**2 games in London (neutral field)

gonna play the niners at -6 under a td. carolina is a good bad team, not a good team. theyll beat up on the shit of the NFL but when they face a competent team with a competent d theyll struggle

I'm confused about Richie's voicemail. Did he say he wanted to piss/shit/ or cum in Martin's mouth? It's a bizarre voicemail to say the least.

These games struck me.

Rams +10. Multiple reasons be glad to discuss

Over 43.5 Raiders/Giants

Texans +3 (hard to say this after last night)

Interested in opposing or supporting thoughts. Thanks

Arizona is off a bye and is generally a solid home team. Crushing loss for Houston last week, not sure how they can be mentally right to be honest. I think the Cardinal defense is really good. I find their games very difficult to cap because of Palmer. You know he'll turn the ball over but where on the field? That can really impact the over or under big time and it's impossible to know how.

great set of games ubt not a ton of value.

sf may be my first 2 unit play of the year. i NEVER do that but i love this so much

Incognito will play again after he goes to counseling and quits telling people he wants to shit in their mouth. He's a psycho which is exactly what you need on the line.

Monday night might be the first MNF game I haven't watched on purpose in years. What an absolute crap game.

I have to agree with twinkie. Sure Carolina might be the team that beats up bad teams and lose to good teams but looking at SF past opponents, who have they really beaten?

GB (W) home: first game of the season, plus they may just have their number
Sea (L) away
Ind (L) home
Stl (W) away
Hous (W) home
Ari (W) home
Ten (W) away
Jax (W) away

All they did was win against bad teams too. Not that impressive.

Random thoughts...

Denver/over tease looks pretty damn good.

I'm staying off San Fran and if it were to go to 7.5, I might even consider Carolina. The panthers have been improving week by week and they have a nasty front 7 that could turn this into a low scoring 20-16 type game. 49ers a bit overrated by most IMO

Keeping an eye on the Bills. Spiller looked decent and escaped last week without aggravating anything. Lewis or Manuel may be back behind centre which is a huge step up from Tuel. I might jump back on the Bills TT over train, with Pitts D looking old and tired.

St. Louis getting 10 has to be a bet.

Like Cincy as a short fav vs the Blackbirds. The Ravens are really looking bad right now with a piss poor running game and a receiving corps that is barely on the same page as Flacco. Under may be worth a look here.

Houston @ Arizona? Can't touch this game. Too many competing angles...Cards off a bye, solid at home, Palmer a wild card, Houston is an absolute mess, do they win one for the Koob? No thanks.

The Monday nighter should not be broadcast outside the state of Florida

I have to agree with twinkie. Sure Carolina might be the team that beats up bad teams and lose to good teams but looking at SF past opponents, who have they really beaten?

Sea (L) away
Ind (L) home
Stl (W) away
Hous (W) home
Ari (W) home
Ten (W) away
Jax (W) away

:shake:

Sea (L) away
Ind (L) home
Stl (W) away
Hous (W) home
Ari (W) home
Ten (W) away
Jax (W) away

well, you know, theres always that whole "they went to the super bowl last year and the nfc championship the year before" thing

I don't care who's playing QB for the Packers, they will tear up the Eagles.

hater.

i do tend to agree with you. the eagles are exactly the team that will give up 3 td passes to senneca. But GB's d is nothing special either. Of course you wont give Foles an inkling of credit for anything, but hes gonna put up points. No play for me but lean eagles. not enough to risk money tho

well, you know, theres always that whole "they went to the super bowl last year and the nfc championship the year before" thing

Those years have nothing to do with this year though. They aren't the same team, players have left, others have been injured, other suspended. You can't use the "they haven't played anyone" argument against Carolina, and then just ignore the same point against SF.

Those years have nothing to do with this year though. They aren't the same team, players have left, others have been injured, other suspended. You can't use the "they haven't played anyone" argument against Carolina, and then just ignore the same point against SF.

i do agree with your main point that for the most part, you can't use past years teams to talk about this team (certainly cant use the Ravens last year as a reason to back them this year), but aside from losing in Seattle, which everyone does, and then losing the next week after being beaten up by Seattle to a team that now looks like htey could make a SB run, doesnt mean they have fallen off.

They came back after that and have looked like the team they were last week. You guys disagree with me about SF being a class above Carolina, thats absolutley fine. Well see on Sunday

Texans jump off the page for me.. How cant you not like a team coached by Wade Phillips?:wtf2:

But I do like it.. Love Keenan and think he will be a pro bowler in time . Foster question mark makes me wait but the situation is good IMO

vikes getting points at home to a 3-5 team.. My oh my how far has that team fallen.. Points will be scored but that is a very high number.. Could be a very good trader tho and that is my likely course..

GLA

texans jumped out at me too but damn, how can you bet that team. After the seattle game they blew, and the colts game where they missed 3 fgs and completely fucked up an 18 point lead after 3...this team just has a penchant for losing. they get up big and then abandon their gameplan and try to sit on their lead...which is not how you win.

on paper id be on them but i just cant.

Texans jump off the page for me.. How cant you not like a team coached by Wade Phillips?:wtf2:

But I do like it.. Love Keenan and think he will be a pro bowler in time . Foster question mark makes me wait but the situation is good IMO

vikes getting points at home to a 3-5 team.. My oh my how far has that team fallen.. Points will be scored but that is a very high number.. Could be a very good trader tho and that is my likely course..

GLA

i really like kennum and paid for it a little when coach went down at the half vs indy, still it his 3rd gm against a very talented d with a ball hawking secondary, petterson will take johnson away and think he makes his 1st couple mistakes of his young career, think this be his humbling experience in this league then he will go on to light up oak, jags twice and give houstionains hope moving forward that they finally have a qb that can help them win playoff gms moving forward..

id be all about zona cept for that scary little truth that palmer a statue in the pocket and the oline isnt very good, just dont trust them vs strong pass rushing teams even tho they have the weapons to beat hou on the outside gotta figure a sack fumble and prob a pick from carson under pressure.. really tough gm to even nail down a number for me cause i do think turnovers are coming from both qbs just dont know if we talking turnovers leading to scores or ones that prevent points going up on board?

i do agree with your main point that for the most part, you can't use past years teams to talk about this team (certainly cant use the Ravens last year as a reason to back them this year), but aside from losing in Seattle, which everyone does, and then losing the next week after being beaten up by Seattle to a team that now looks like htey could make a SB run, doesnt mean they have fallen off.

They came back after that and have looked like the team they were last week. You guys disagree with me about SF being a class above Carolina, thats absolutley fine. Well see on Sunday

with a healthy crabtree i would say class above, as is i feel more comfortable saying sf is a small notch above panthers.. actually think it a pretty good line.. if panthers can match sf physicality which i think they can then i expect it to bo close throughout although i almost believe in cam as a passer more so than keap right now and really think it may very well come down to which one makes plays as the run gms and d's may cancel each other out somewhat..then their the scenario you have where sf comes out off a bye and shows why they are the defending nfc champs, if that is the case while i dont trust sCam to win it close late ive always feared laying a decent amount of points against him cause feels like ive seen him backdoor several gms where panthers were outclassed in his short career (kinda curious if that perception by me or true? remember a few for sure and he def the kind of guy that if he aint pouting (which think he has matured in that area) will sling it around and take adv of garbage time..

Skins @ Minny.

Skins have outgained 4 out of the last 5 games (exception at Denver). Minny has been outgained every game except last week vs. Dallas. Skins are average slightly over 400 yards per game and Minny is giving up slightly less than 400 yards per game. Minny is about middle of the pack vs. the run and bottom 5 vs. the pass. They are facing a top 5 run game and a bottom 10 pass game. Minny on offense is among the worst in passing and pretty good at running, obviously. Skins on defense middle of the pack vs the pass and among the worst vs. the run.

Last matchup at Fed Ex, Washington escaped with a double digit lead. They were up 31-12 in the 4th and Minny got it to within one score and had a 3rd down, but RG3 had the biggest run of his career to score and seal the game. Last year, Minny was able to shut down Morris and were shut down themselves running the ball. Ponder was able to beat the Skins through the air, mainly to Percy Harvin.

Losing Rudolph is a big loss for the Vikings ans he was often a target of Ponder on 3rd down vs. blitzes. Essentially he would just throw the ball up to Rudolph.

Point totals don't always show the success of a unit. I think the Skins defense has played pretty well the past few weeks (at least up to their standards of earlier in the year). I would say ever since the Detroit game, they have performed well, even somewhat vs. Denver. Oakland and Dallas did nothing offensively vs. the Skins. Chi put up 41, but that was due to turnovers and special teams (reason why Dallas put up 31) Bears had 21 first downs and 359 yards, really just one long play given up to Forte. Last week vs. SD they allowed an int in the end zone so the defense gave up 17 points and created 2 turnovers.

The real difference with the Skins is obviously the health of RG3. Since the bye, they have gone back to getting him on the move again which has really opened up the run game and given him some passing lanes. The whole offense is reliant on running the ball and play action; when they get down, they are worthless. Minny really hasn't faced a ton of strong running teams and I think that has inflated their stats a little bit. Dallas had no interest at all last week in running the ball. Minny will have short rest to prepare for a different type of offense than they've seen this year (though they saw last year).

RG3 in the dome may be even more of a threat with his speed and it's something Minny will have to gameplan for. Their secondary is also not good enough to sell out vs. the run or there will be open WRs down the field. I look for Aldrick Robinson to make an impact in this game, even if it's just keeping the safeties away from the line of scrimmage.

I am a Skins fan, but this is a game I feel they win. They have some momentum going (lost vs. Denver, but really played well until late). Im concerned that I think a lot of people are on the Skins, but I see them having some success on the ground and it really opening up the passing game. The way to beat the Skins is to jump out to a lead and take away the run....I don't see the Vikes doing that. They are going to try and run the ball and keep the ball out of Ponders hands for the most part. I think the Skins surprise some people and limit some points scored by the Vikes. They will blitz Ponder relentlessly on 3rd down.

Skins @ Minny.

Skins have outgained 4 out of the last 5 games (exception at Denver). Minny has been outgained every game except last week vs. Dallas. Skins are average slightly over 400 yards per game and Minny is giving up slightly less than 400 yards per game. Minny is about middle of the pack vs. the run and bottom 5 vs. the pass. They are facing a top 5 run game and a bottom 10 pass game. Minny on offense is among the worst in passing and pretty good at running, obviously. Skins on defense middle of the pack vs the pass and among the worst vs. the run.

Last matchup at Fed Ex, Washington escaped with a double digit lead. They were up 31-12 in the 4th and Minny got it to within one score and had a 3rd down, but RG3 had the biggest run of his career to score and seal the game. Last year, Minny was able to shut down Morris and were shut down themselves running the ball. Ponder was able to beat the Skins through the air, mainly to Percy Harvin.

Losing Rudolph is a big loss for the Vikings ans he was often a target of Ponder on 3rd down vs. blitzes. Essentially he would just throw the ball up to Rudolph.

Point totals don't always show the success of a unit. I think the Skins defense has played pretty well the past few weeks (at least up to their standards of earlier in the year). I would say ever since the Detroit game, they have performed well, even somewhat vs. Denver. Oakland and Dallas did nothing offensively vs. the Skins. Chi put up 41, but that was due to turnovers and special teams (reason why Dallas put up 31) Bears had 21 first downs and 359 yards, really just one long play given up to Forte. Last week vs. SD they allowed an int in the end zone so the defense gave up 17 points and created 2 turnovers.

The real difference with the Skins is obviously the health of RG3. Since the bye, they have gone back to getting him on the move again which has really opened up the run game and given him some passing lanes. The whole offense is reliant on running the ball and play action; when they get down, they are worthless. Minny really hasn't faced a ton of strong running teams and I think that has inflated their stats a little bit. Dallas had no interest at all last week in running the ball. Minny will have short rest to prepare for a different type of offense than they've seen this year (though they saw last year).

RG3 in the dome may be even more of a threat with his speed and it's something Minny will have to gameplan for. Their secondary is also not good enough to sell out vs. the run or there will be open WRs down the field. I look for Aldrick Robinson to make an impact in this game, even if it's just keeping the safeties away from the line of scrimmage.

I am a Skins fan, but this is a game I feel they win. They have some momentum going (lost vs. Denver, but really played well until late). Im concerned that I think a lot of people are on the Skins, but I see them having some success on the ground and it really opening up the passing game. The way to beat the Skins is to jump out to a lead and take away the run....I don't see the Vikes doing that. They are going to try and run the ball and keep the ball out of Ponders hands for the most part. I think the Skins surprise some people and limit some points scored by the Vikes. They will blitz Ponder relentlessly on 3rd down.

everyone on skins and line going other way (guess someone likes minny), i cant make a case for minny. dont really trust skins but i agree that their d has played much better for the most part. my problem with rg3 is they have to use the zone read cause he is horrible at anticipating which leads to him holding the ball to long as he incredibly inaccurate unless he sees his guy open before making the throw which just dont cut it in this league, unless of coarse the run gm working cause then he gets those easy defined looks and wide open guys with secondary players staring into the backfield.. minny been soft vs te's as well a believe and reed a weapon who shows himself to rg3 which helps him tremendously... hate gms like this, i can live with riding with the majority but rather it be on a team i trust more than skins opposed to almost liking them by default.. gotta make the east interesting tho and only way that happens is if skins, nyg start winning some gms..

Minny down 6 starters including most of the secondary. They played them tough in Washington last year but RGIII was the difference with his feet. I don't think he's all the way back yet but the surface should help (as opposed to that awful turf in Washington).

btw, just saw RGIII walking around with his wifey in the skyways downtown trying to keep a low profile.

GLA
WOW Tee,I`ll have to bow to your better judgement there,to me he looks like a kid running round having fun with nothing to lose,just throwing it downfield and hoping for the best..I think it says more about Houston QB situation than Keenums ability

I do like watching him tho,I like watching all these younger guys get a shot,who I actually saw play college ball.

Back