Rich Rod to Alabama

TroyStacks

18" Pythons
ESPN bottome line just said they agreed in principle to a buyout. What a fucking two faced bitch. He told his team friday he was staying, eveb quoted Slaton and said he met with the team that he was staying. He just lost a lto f respect from a lto of people I'm sure. What a sad thing to happen to such a great little football town and a state that absolutely worships WVU football. What a greedy cocksucker I hope he doesn;t succeed.

Shannon seems to be the guy at UM as well....

I think its tough on these coaches. With the media up there ass every second what are they supposed to say...they tell the truth they lose there team.....they lie there assholes...coaches cant win in the current enviroment. If I am the guy I know how lucky I was to get Slaton and White how they wont come around to often. WVU has a nice setup but I was also last there in 96.....but Bama is history....

tough call IMo....

i never liked him i think hes an overrated coach as i said before. his success was due to Slaton/White and before those 2 it was plain old easy schedules. His scheme only works under the right personell and alabama will soon see this quick. Maybe he will be lucky enough to pick up Pat Whites younger bro at Daphne in Alabama. I hope WVU hires a big name coach here that can utilize Slaton and White to their strneghths and really rub it in with a NC birth next year b/c they have the talent to do so. Watch us get some fucking loser no name

bama is history but the competitve games will eat him alive. LSU,Florida,UGA,Arkie.....the list goes on. Slaton/White are once in lifetime play makers for a coach and i feel bad for that team b/c i know a few of them and they are really good guys and not a bunch of asshole like a lot of programs have. Its just really low imo

Rich aint gone yet, apparently WV is countering with a similar offer to Alabama....He's meeting with the WV team to discuss right now...

espn radio just announced WVA has gotten Rpdriguez to agree to a counteroffer...

he's staying a Mountaineer...

TroyStacks said:
bama is history but the competitve games will eat him alive. LSU,Florida,UGA,Arkie.....the list goes on. Slaton/White are once in lifetime play makers for a coach and i feel bad for that team b/c i know a few of them and they are really good guys and not a bunch of asshole like a lot of programs have. Its just really low imo

I understand where your coming from. With ya all the way on his succes is due to White & Slaton. If we know that I am sure he knows that and a good bussinessman would cash in out that opportunity. Like you said once in a lifetime opp to get those kids. This is still how they make a living. While the schedule may eat him alive he will be able to look back and say that he was the Head Coach as the same place as the Bear. Its all about legacy IMO.

If you dont like him while feel bad for the team? The talent is there ...coaching is overrated when you have 2 studs like WVU?? White and Slayton will make the NFL what does that do for Rich Rod??

I am with ya...I just think we need to think about whats it like to bein there shoes sometimes...:shake:

oh no doubt i understand that you have to cash in when you can. but with your best players having to stay one more year why not go another year and give them another chance and then cash in on your success. big time coaching jobs open up every year.

your rigth though despite who coaches the team the talent is there and thats the important thing. i was just pissed on how he WAS going play his own players like that and then just leaving thats low. but obviosuly he was just pulling a publicity stunt to get more money and it worked so props to him for that.

i still do not change my mind on that he is not a very good coach though. you hear how teams are products of the system well this team is the opposite. good discusiion SN and btw i like a lot fo your plays for nfl this week gl,

This is actually from last night so the WV stuff may be outdated and incorrect. Surely the offer made to Saban is incorrect as well.
Does anybody see how he could have possibly said no to the following:

In other football news of interest, former LSU head coach Nick Saban turned down a 10-year $70M contract to coach at Alabama including a $7M signing bonus. Rick Rodriquez from West Virginia was offered the job a few hours later and is expected to accept the offer which would double his pay. LSU offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher is considered the leading candidate to replace Rodriquez. There are also reports that former LSU defensive coordinator Will Muschamp will be the next head coach at LA Tech, but that does not sound like a good fit to me.

Got this from www.dandydon.com
Supposedly was on Espn last night also.

That saban offer was BS..

Anyway i dont think u guys realize the stress of bein a coach at bama.. its a 24/7 spotlight.. and there are unrealistic expectations

abcs,

I think it would be safer to wait a couple more weeks before writing Saban off. I have a feeling he leaves and takes the BS offer.

Why would he leave LSU then..

Its easier to recruit there, the fan base isnt as unrealistic.. I would much rather coach for lsu then bama.

Back