Rexy's Week 8 CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Last week was a complete and total calamity. Ended up losing more than 20 units and am now a loser on the season. Sick of losing in the second halves so am taking them off this week. Games only for me this time around, and not too many.

GL to us all...

Cuse first home game since Sept. 26 and their only home game in a 5-game stretch tomorrow at the dome against a Pitt team that is playing its fifth roadie (4-0 ATS, only loss on a long last-second field goal at jazzed-up Iowa at the gun) to open the season. The Panthers close out with home games in four of their last five. Don't get me started on them having to share the pitch with the Steelers - Pitt's home game vs Bengals Week 8, vs. Oakland Week 9 will be likely played in quagmires on the worst grass surface in the Niffel. Panthers showing a lot of toughness and it looks like the Narduzzi hire to be HC was a good one; I've certainly taken notice. Pitt six straight covers in the series and I made this line a full touchdown higher.

The play: 325 Pitt -7 -105 big 3.5u.

I'll make the argument that the wrong team might be favored in Oxford tomorrow. Owe Miss has injuries everywhere, and Texas A&M's defense only allowed two Alabama touchdowns on offense last week. Top RB hurt his ankle vs. Memphis State and the All-American on defense got concussed playing fullback. Aggies have won last two trips to Oxford and should be able to trade punches all the way with QB Allen gaining more experience by the week. Ags outgained Owe Miss 455-338 last year but Rebs scored on a 75 yard INT return and 21 yard fumber return in misleading two-touchdown win. Revenge!

The play: 353 Tex A&M +5.5 small to med 1.5u and +190 ML for 1 unit more

UNC-Charlotte fucked me last week, but I'll go back to the well, as Old Dominican continued to have QB woes until it was almost too late. Was hoping to only have to lay 14 here but will lay the 15.5 now as i don't want to lay worse on a game i made more than touchdown higher. Have to give tons of credit for USM HC Monken, who won't be plying his trade in Hattiesburg for much longer. USM 6-1 ATS and are as improved as anyone from last year to now. Rout!

THe play: 375 Southern Miss -15.5 big 3u

Waiting on 378 Louisville for a bit better line. Will consider laying 7 (there was one i missed earlier in the week) there vs. BC as I made the game 12.5 but it's a pass for now.

Same deal with 380 Lousyana Tech. Better line (closer to 6 maybe) and I'll consider a small lay against Middle Tenny but that's a big number to give a team who can score points. Also not sure how LT will react this week after disappointing effort last out.

Speaking of Old Dome, not sure if i dropped them too much after disappointing non cover last week but I do make Fla Intl much higher. Revenge spot for the Panthers here against ODU, who has yet to cover this season. I'll lay a big number with FIU, which has covered in each of its last three Miami games.

The play: 388 Florida International -12.5 med 2u

A lean to Kansas 395 if Okie State gets bet through 35 just because of the scheduling spot for Okie Light. I think Kansas can score enoguh to cover five touchdowns and made a few points cheaper. Nothing for now.

That's it for now.

I've also been posting in the major line moves thread and will have some thoughts in the weather thread as well.

GL all, back later tonight to answer any questions y'all got about these or other games.

:shake:

Im wondering what criteria you used to find Louisville at 12.5.
Understand that you want a 7. No problem there.
I have this game with BC +8 and as a possible upset.
Would appreciate how you have them lined at that number?
Not challenging you, just curious how your number is so far away from a possible SU loss imo.

GL this week.

Do you lean under on the crazy weather games this weekend (assuming they get played)? And your thoughts on the bases, as always, are much appreciated. GL!

hmm, not sure i understand your initial question, TCG... my initial power rating is U of L -9.5 and I've allotted them 3 for playing at the Pizza Palace.

Reminder, I've been very high on U of L most of the year and have yet to go against them. They are the best 4-loss team in the country and i don't think they'll lose again.

BC couldn't score in a brothel. I doubt that changes tomorrow against a rapidly-maturing U of L defense. About to talk myself into a bet but will wait for more work in the AM beforehand...

Dwight - In the Texas games where they're talking all day rain for every minute i'm not sure what to do. In the other games i lean OVER when that happens; field gets wet - offensive guy knows where he wants to go and defense guy guessing. Edge - O.

Beis i leaned Broils but needed about 8-10 more cents to pull trigger. Also liked Rover but with that ump with his big zone not even an out-blowing wind was gonna get me at anything that wasn't 7-flat or better. El Paso all the way around. Out for the night; back around 9 EDT

hmm, not sure i understand your initial question, TCG... my initial power rating is U of L -9.5 and I've allotted them 3 for playing at the Pizza Palace.

Reminder, I've been very high on U of L most of the year and have yet to go against them. They are the best 4-loss team in the country and i don't think they'll lose again.

BC couldn't score in a brothel. I doubt that changes tomorrow against a rapidly-maturing U of L defense. About to talk myself into a bet but will wait for more work in the AM beforehand...

Thanks for the reply. UL is a decent team. I just think the BC defense will put BC in better position to score enough today and possibly upset. But I'll take a ATS win and be happy with that if thats all I end up with on the game.. GL on the whole card today.

Back