Rexy's Week 5 College...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Rough week last week, but was able to middle a total and with K-State handling things Thursday, ended up a net small loser for the week. I'll take it; feels like I got annihilated so cutting losses always good for healthy long-term bottom line.

More plays this week than I am expecting, and a lot of games have moved against me. I guess I hope they're phonies, but I'm largely finished at this point.

103 Appy State I'm looking for 20; made the game 14 and though Ga Southern has been constantly outperforming expectations, I believe that stops tonight as the tariffs are getting exceedingly expensive at this point. No play at less than +20 flat, and at that level, small to medium.

106 Okie State -13.5 big. Texas Tech might keep up for awhile, but in Stillwater, over 60 minutes, I can't see them staying within two touchdowns. Gundy > Kingsbury as a coach, if not as a person.

Looking at maybe 109 Middle Tenny +4 but passing for now. Someone feel free to talk me onto this one, although Old Dome is another team that has been constantly ramming it in me this season.

I lean to Michigan State at this level and made much higher, but game will crash today and I have a lot of respect for the Wyoming coach, so I might only get involved if this goes to 28. For now, I pass.

Minnesota probably deserves a little look if they can ram Mishitgan up to 13, but tough to take a team that can't complete forward passes.

I realize VT is off a couple of bad losses, but this sort of game could be what gets them back on track going into league play. I made it a full touchdown higher. 126 Virginia Tech -2 medium 2 units.

I hope Kyle is right about Purdue. I don't think much of them either. 121 Iowa -9 medium 2 units.

Just a price here only, and nothing else. Do not lay more than 21. It's 142 Louisville -21 small 1 unit.

Where did they get this BG/UMass line, and how can people be betting on UMass? What in the world am I missing? Please talk me down from this one. As of now, it's 153 Bowling Green -4.5 real big, 4 units.

Not much respect for Southern Miss, who has quietly been improving. Rice's defense is a sieve. I'll take a shot with two scores and a home dog. It's 160 Southern Miss +8.5 medium 2u.

Arkansas is big, physical and have been impressive. But A&M is as good as anyone I've seen. An easy lay at JerryWorld. It's 168 A&M -9 medium 2u

I have zero clue where they got the Duke line, and even less of one on how they could have shot Miami up to this price. Wrong team is favored. It's 179 Duke +7 big 3u.

I realize Florida International is the pits, but since when is UAB ready to start going out and laying 17 points to someone? It's 187 Fla Int'l +17 small to med 1.5u

Missed the boat on Ole Miss by about an hour. Wanted to lay 19 this morning small to medium but it's 21 now, so a pass. If it goes back down, I'll get involved.

Love the chance to go against Air Force again. Boise laying about a touchdown too small here. It's 197 Boise -13 medium 2u.

Nothing else for now, might add some totals when Right Angle finishes and/or something pops out of line. Missed it on UCLA OV, idiot I am, sigh. GL this week everyone!

:shake:

GL Rex - agree on Okie State and Texas A&M. App State at +20 would be nice as well. Iowa, Duke, BG gms are all confusing to me at this point.

Rex - VT at -2?
Rough week last week, but was able to middle a total and with K-State handling things Thursday, ended up a net small loser for the week. I'll take it; feels like I got annihilated so cutting losses always good for healthy long-term bottom line.

More plays this week than I am expecting, and a lot of games have moved against me. I guess I hope they're phonies, but I'm largely finished at this point.

103 Appy State I'm looking for 20; made the game 14 and though Ga Southern has been constantly outperforming expectations, I believe that stops tonight as the tariffs are getting exceedingly expensive at this point. No play at less than +20 flat, and at that level, small to medium.

106 Okie State -13.5 big. Texas Tech might keep up for awhile, but in Stillwater, over 60 minutes, I can't see them staying within two touchdowns. Gundy > Kingsbury as a coach, if not as a person.

Looking at maybe 109 Middle Tenny +4 but passing for now. Someone feel free to talk me onto this one, although Old Dome is another team that has been constantly ramming it in me this season.

I lean to Michigan State at this level and made much higher, but game will crash today and I have a lot of respect for the Wyoming coach, so I might only get involved if this goes to 28. For now, I pass.

Minnesota probably deserves a little look if they can ram Mishitgan up to 13, but tough to take a team that can't complete forward passes.

I realize VT is off a couple of bad losses, but this sort of game could be what gets them back on track going into league play. I made it a full touchdown higher. 126 Virginia Tech -2 medium 2 units.

I hope Kyle is right about Purdue. I don't think much of them either. 121 Iowa -9 medium 2 units.

Just a price here only, and nothing else. Do not lay more than 21. It's 142 Louisville -21 small 1 unit.

Where did they get this BG/UMass line, and how can people be betting on UMass? What in the world am I missing? Please talk me down from this one. As of now, it's 153 Bowling Green -4.5 real big, 4 units.

Not much respect for Southern Miss, who has quietly been improving. Rice's defense is a sieve. I'll take a shot with two scores and a home dog. It's 160 Southern Miss +8.5 medium 2u.

Arkansas is big, physical and have been impressive. But A&M is as good as anyone I've seen. An easy lay at JerryWorld. It's 168 A&M -9 medium 2u

I have zero clue where they got the Duke line, and even less of one on how they could have shot Miami up to this price. Wrong team is favored. It's 179 Duke +7 big 3u.

I realize Florida International is the pits, but since when is UAB ready to start going out and laying 17 points to someone? It's 187 Fla Int'l +17 small to med 1.5u

Missed the boat on Ole Miss by about an hour. Wanted to lay 19 this morning small to medium but it's 21 now, so a pass. If it goes back down, I'll get involved.

Love the chance to go against Air Force again. Boise laying about a touchdown too small here. It's 197 Boise -13 medium 2u.

Nothing else for now, might add some totals when Right Angle finishes and/or something pops out of line. Missed it on UCLA OV, idiot I am, sigh. GL this week everyone!

:shake:

I can't talk you into it but I am playing MTSU FWIW. Also like Iowa, A & M, and Appy tonite.
GL, Rex

the V-Tech line should read -21, not -2. My mistake.

Missouri got bet down earlier, not sure what that was about. I guess OVER would be the only play for me there, as I made it Sakerlina -6.5, so a lay would be the gun-to-head play for me there.

2H Arizona State +1/2 -115 medium 2u.

Cut out the turnovers, and they are the superior team. UCLA getting the ball first is the only thing keeping this from a big.

I hate that we are pretty much opposite on every game, but I suppose one of us will be happy Sunday morning.

With respect to the FIU/UAB game, I think UAB completely blows FIU out of the stadium. I realize not many people outside of Alabama have heard of UAB coach Bill Clark, but this guy is a fantastic football coach and a proven winner. His career record at Prattville High School was 106 & 11. Last year, in his first season as a college head coach at Jacksonville State, he set 49 school records, 13 Ohio Valley Conference records and three NCAA records. This guy is a superstar in the making. UAB's only loss this season was a 13-point loss to Mississippi State - a game in which they were lined as 29-point dogs. If I can talk you out of one play this week, let it be fading UAB. They will smoke FIU. I'm pretty confident that this one goes UAB/OVER 54.5. Look for a final score of something like 45-17.

The fact that UAB was favored over Troy in this year's opener tells you all you need to know about how well respected Bill Clark is. That was a HUGE move from what the line would have been the previous December. I just kept looking at my numbers and saying, what? Sure, Troy lost its experienced QB and there were other player personnel changes, but the line reflected a big adjustment for the coaching change. I'm with Jimmy this week on this game.

Good luck on the rest of the card.

weekend couldn't get off to a worse start.

Thanks for the insight fellas, I am aware that this U-ab coach is doing great things, but again, you have to draw a line when the tariff gets to a certain point. I've upwardly adjusted U-ab a good deal since the start of the season and they still can't be laying more than two touchdowns.

Yeah I agree with you Rex, the Okie State gm left a bitter taste in my mouth. GL with the weekend.

i made the game 12, but i like Syracuse more than most so i'm understanding why there has been dog money through the week. they outstatted maryland and were generally superior for large stretches of the game. big plays, turnovers and penalties killed them. they should compete with Notre Dame at the line and i would not be using ND in any 10 point teasers because they don't have to win.

Back