Rexy's Divisional Round...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Hi guys.

I have Carolina -2.5 (as noted in last week thread, flying in my face).

I also have KC +4.5. The KC play is for 4u. The Caro play is for 2.5u or so.

If you like KC, I would advise going now. The line is going to come down. Writeups are coming soon on all four games.

I also bet Pitt/Denver UNDER 38.5 for 1.5u.

:shake:

Any concern with KC inj maclin houston etc? I know Ne dealing with injuries as well.. Always enjoy ur posts

Kansas City has done nothing wrong since the 1-5 start; the Chiefs have allowed opponents just 11.6 ppg during this 11 game winning streak while scoring 28 ppg themselves. Included is a 30-0 mauling of host Houston in the first round of the playoffs last week.

New England is going the other way, with losses outright in four of its last six games. Injuries finally caught up to the Pats, as the offense is shell of what we saw in September and October. There have been five left tackles start for the Pats and Tom Brady was sacked 38 times, ranking ninth in the league. That's an alarming number for someone with the pocket presence and awareness of Brady and it goes to show that even with Brady's ultra-fast release, you do at least need SOMEONE to block sometimes.

Key receiver Julian Edelman hasn't played since week 10, other key receiver Danny Amendola is playing banged up and tight end Rob Gronkowski was in the hospital getting his knee looked at as recently as Thursday afternoon. He's also listed with a back problem on the most recent injury report. Perhaps it's gamesmanship from the ultimate cheater, Bill Belichick, who has never won a championship without an asterisk attached. So good luck to New England's sputtering offense in trying to score against a top-10 pass defense that has gotten its leading pass rusher Justin Houston back from injury. The Pats scored just 23 offensive points in their final two games and went 5-for-24 *on third down* in those contests.

The Chiefs won't put up a big number on offense, but they shouldn't have to. Alex Smith is not the kind of guy to beat himself, and he's proven that going back many years. The Patriot defense is also banged up, with Donta'a Hightower missing the last game and Chandler Jones taking some sort of synthetic marijuana that was strong enough to have him bowing at his knees in front of Foxborough Police last weekend.

Since the 2008 playoffs, New England is just 3-7 ATS in home playoff games. They haven't laid less than 5 since six years ago, when Baltimore came in and mauled the Pats 33-14 in 2010. While the score won't be the same, the result will be.

Prediction: Kansas City 23, New England 16
The play: KC +4.5 big for 4u

Last edited:
No play for me in Phoenix. I watched the tape of the first game and noticed some things schematically that will be different this week for the Packers. Perhaps the biggest development was at left tackle last week, where 73 played pretty well after being the culprit on the initial safety for the Redskins. It was a clean effort and one to give him some confidence when he'll likely see a lot of Dwight Freeney this week. Good luck there. That said, the other notable change on offense was getting John Kuhn involved in both the running game and the passing game. Instead of playing all of that '11' formation that we saw in the first meeting, the Packers played two backs last week on a majority of offensive snaps when they made the most progress on offense.

The 38-8 final three weeks ago at this venue was not totally indicative of how the game played out, as the Packer defense was relatively solid. Rodgers fumbered twice for touchdowns, had three turnovers and took eight sacks. Rodgers hasn't thrown for 300 yards since mid-November and only one quarterback was sacked more all season. That said, how many quarterbacks in this league can say that they threw for 61 percent yet had their worst season as a pro? That's the expectation you have from 12, and despite how well Arizona has played, let's not forget that Carson Palmer has yet to win a playoff game in his career.

A few things work against Green Bay here:

Arizona has been good about being able to get separation. The Cards have won 10 of their 13 games by seven points or more and had a plus-176 point differential (led the league). Green Bay also played the late game Sunday out east and now goes out west for a Saturday game. The Pack are also 4-11-1 the last 16 as a dog; this isn't a role they particularly relish.

Prediction: Arizona 30, Green Bay 24
No play

Post 18 last week is my first reference to my Carolina play this week. I went 14-2 counting lives and scalps and won about 23 units so ammunition isn't a problem for me this week, with almost all of my outs full of ample credit.

I laid 2.5 and will be set to bet it again, as my BetOnline guy told me that sharp money is on Seattle and it might continue to come. To that, I say bring it.

Seattle is lucky to be playing this weekend, the recipient of a Minnesota missed 27-yard field goal in the waning seconds of last Sunday's wild-card game in frigid Minneapolis. Now the Seahawks travel for the third week in a row and will be playing their second straight 1 p.m. EST Sunday game. Not ideal for any west coast team. Neither was the listless Seattle offense last week, as Darrell Bevell called a very bland game for Russell Wilson. The Seahawks scored the game's only touchdown last week thanks to a fluke play where Wilson scrambled around after the snap went over his head and found Doug Baldwin standing by himself to set up a first-and-goal. They kicked the game-winning field goal after Adrian Peterson fumbled in his own territory.

The Seattle offense never found a rhythm and credit goes to the Viking defense, which focused on rushing BEHIND Wilson instead of in front of him. This never allowed him to find his preferred escape lanes to the outside. The NFL is a copycat league, and the Panthers have the league's best linebackers in Thomas Davis and Luke Kuechly, who will force Wilson to make plays from the pocket. I don't think he can do it. Running back Marshawn Lynch won't play until he is absolutely healthy, and is not a cinch to play this week (although I would think he will at least travel to Charlotte, something he didn't do last week).

Cam Newton became the first QB in league history to throw for 35 touchdowns and run for 10 more. He certainly doesn't have a ton of weapons, but Ted Ginn will be back from injury and can stretch the eager Seattle defense, which has played better as of late. Greg Olsen had his way with them the first time and should find plenty of space to work with against the preferred Seattle Cover-3 base. The Panthers don't send out many receivers, instead keeping in extra blockers to provide a clean pocket for Newton and his howitzer.

Let's remember that the Seahawks didn't win on the road in either of their most recent two trips to the Super Bowl. While they did eke one out last week, it's a tall order to ask them to go out east and beat a 15-1 team that handled them earlier this year, led the league in scoring, outplayed them in the playoffs last year and has gradually gotten better each time out against this defense. This will be the sixth meeting between the sides since the 2012 season, so it's safe to say they know each other pretty well. Carolina was 8-0 at home and outscored their foes 33-17 in those games. Cam will win the MVP award, and this weekend you'll see a large reason why, as he'll handle Seattle again and await a trip from the winner in Phoenix next week.

Prediction: Carolina 20, Seattle 13
The play: Carolina -2.5 for 2.5u and will go for more at -1 flat or PICK. Waiting for now.

Not many markets out there yet for Pitt and Denver. Here's what we think we know: QB Roethlisberger is going to play. He practiced Friday and was able to go through the whole rout tree. WR Brown is going to miss a game for the first time since 2012. He had 16 catches for 189 yards in the first meeting between these teams this season - he'll obviously be missed. RB Bell was also knocked out for the season earlier this season - all three of the aforementioned players were injured by Cincy LB Burfict, who singlehandedly likely wrecked both his own team's and Pittsburgh's seasons last week. RB Williams is also going to miss.

Here's what we know about Big Ben's injury: Landry Jones is also taking first-team reps this week. Ben will surely start, but has to avoid contact. Repeated throwing will also hurt him as the game goes on and he might need to scramble a bit more to avoid hits to that shoulder. Deep throws probably won't be a part of the package so expect Denver to crowd the line and jam the receivers.

On the other side, the Pitt defense has played much better of late. They held Cincy to just 269 yards last week in the road win and will certainly be aggressive with Peyton Manning, who is making his first start since a four-interception stinker in mid-November. He entered in Week 17 after Denver had turned the ball over five times and led the Broncos to a win and ultimately, the top seed in the conference. He won't be asked to do too much, so expect a heavy dosage of Ronnie Hillman (a better receiver out of the backfield) and C.J. Anderson, who could do much of the work between the tackles. Unlike Pittsburgh, Denver is largely healthy at this point on both sides and should be able to find a way to win at home. The total would have me looking UNDER in most circumstances, especially with the way Denver has won games most of the year when Manning started (sloppy and low-scoring) but it's going to be in the 30s and after these two put up 61 in the earlier meeting, I can't say I'm enthused about trying to keep it more than three touchdowns less than that.

Prediction: Denver 20, Pittsburgh 13
No play.

GL!

Back in and out all weekend.

:cheers:

Sorry I didn't clarify too good from my last paragraph of the Denver game to the play on the total in the top post. I will be scalping out of that (hopefully, and not polish-middling myself) and going OVER at some point, hopefully at 38 or better. Don Best sorta fucked me by announcing that Big Ben was PROBABLE in the last hour. Wasn't counting on that, especially since the injury report still has him Q.

Flew in my face. Fuck em all. Maclin in overshadows anything injury-related to NE.

The play: KC +6 for 2.5 more units.

On the fuckin field, bitches...

Flew in my face. Fuck em all. Maclin in overshadows anything injury-related to NE.

The play: KC +6 for 2.5 more units.

On the fuckin field, bitches...

:rofl:. BOL Rexy. On the under here, but do have a small play on Patsies (lifetime Jets fan here), been a good week, so it will be a fine consolation if K.C. comes through for you.

Actually amazed at how Wongy 3 of the 4 games set up this week....something I think you guys try to avoid...I'm pretty square really(xcept bases,or so I like to think) so what's the scoop? Was it just unavoidable? Interested in your thoughts if you have a moment bro.

Unavoidable is right.

I made these games: NE -2.5
Ariz -7
Car -4.5
Denver -8

Gun to head.

All of them were Wong-ish esque going in. Funny enough, the teaser play switched from NE to KC (going thru 3 and 7 to now going through 7 and 10, 11 etc)... Nothing could be done with Ariz and Denver, which is a layup 2 team teaser win or lose (thru 7 and 3).

Unavoidable is right.

I made these games: NE -2.5
Ariz -7
Car -4.5
Denver -8

Gun to head.

All of them were Wong-ish esque going in. Funny enough, the teaser play switched from NE to KC (going thru 3 and 7 to now going through 7 and 10, 11 etc)... Nothing could be done with Ariz and Denver, which is a layup 2 team teaser win or lose (thru 7 and 3).

I can dig it. Sponge Bob over here teased all 4 for 1/2 unit RR. But I guess I am your guys wet dream. Anywho, will be checking in to see if you have 2nd half thoughts. :smokenpass:

LIVE New England -7.5 +225 for 1u

I am astonished at how bad KC coaching is. It is so similar to CIncy it's scary. Team always ready to play and shit the bed in-game...

end of 1st q

more live UNDER 47.5 even for another 1.5u.

What game are they watching? Let's keep this reasonable in the second and i will scalp out for a bit.

the GB defense has played this team good all 6 quarters
the 38-8 score the last time masks the fact that Arizona had one sustained drive the whole game
tonight they have had one also
that won't be enough to win the game
other team has proven winner at QB and Arizona even with great coach is playing like they HOPE to win and not that they think they SHOULD win like 3 weeks ago

OK, time for some OVER.

Could turn into a track meet now. Not sure, and don't think so, but want to even this position out a bit.

LIVE OVER 40.5 even for 2u

Green Bay LIVE -105 for 1 more unit. They will have to punt here, but 3 for Ariz asshole is tighter than a duck's ass now. I can't see them winning, anyhow, anyway...

Bags win toss, defer, I took a peanut 1u more on Carolina first half -1/2 -120.

GL, and back with live and halftime plays when warranted

[2:30:27 PM] DADD...: 2H Seattle i guess you have to make a favorite
[2:30:29 PM] DADD...: not sure how
[2:30:31 PM] DADD...: total 21 flat
[2:30:34 PM] DADD...: Seattle 3
[2:30:37 PM] DADD...: beats the fuck out of me
[2:30:39 PM] DADD...: total stone guess

I think I forgot to post but am not sure. Either one is inexcusable, though not as bad as forgetting I had a play to begin with. I bet UNDER 38.5 in this Denver game at BOL open and got it shoved up my ass. Wasn't going to polaka middle myself thru 41 so sat it out. Just checked my pending and I have UN 38.5 for 2u so going OVER LIVE if and when it goes below 38 for 1 or 1.5u depending on how game plays out. I think it's a deadass UNDER but have to respect the steam and we all saw what happened earlier. I'll hold a small position on UNDER but i don't want the full 2 units so will get back hopefully after another punt or two...

Always finding myself having to polish middle out of a bad initial bet. More times than not if I ride it out it works out fine. Teaser of Sea +13 prime example. Was ready to jump on Car -anything. Glad I held off.

Still hanging tight on my UNDER total. If and when I can get a few mins of scoreless football to start this half, I can get out of some of the total.

Never a fun feeling, Zeke.

[6:37:15 PM] DADD...: these fuckers keep using 39.5 for the live total
[6:37:18 PM] DADD...: i am not gonna bail out
[6:37:26 PM] DADD...: there is not a chance that can be right

[6:42:03 PM] DADD...: these fuckers still using 39.5
[6:42:06 PM] DADD...: i am astonished
[6:42:22 PM] DADD...: i just gonna stick with me UN 38.5 and try to figure out where i getting it wrong with my formula
[6:42:34 PM] DADD...: they must factor in 4q being track meets in these games

[6:58:51 PM] DADD...: these stubborn pricks still using 38.5
[6:58:53 PM] DADD...: i can't believe it
[6:58:57 PM] DADD...: 1st and 25 into the wind
[6:59:01 PM] DADD...: pitt might not even be a favorite to get 3 here
[6:59:15 PM] DADD...: and 2 pt conversion in play if Denver ever gets 6

the line in denver next week is a total insult to people who watch football all the time like me. Just gonna see how high it will go but i am for sure taking Denver +3.5 better for a real big play. Hoping for 4. I made Denver a small favorite.

i would give my left nut to bet +4 flat. Never ever come close to popping again.

I might get out of some once it goes inside of 3 which i think it will. Big writeup coming soon.

:shake:

Denver defense is head and shoulders better than any remaining playoff team - granted there was no AB yesterday and Ben was banged up but Denver defense only gave up 1 td. If Manning can put up 20 pts Denver should win.

Back