Regular Season Win Team Totals

Dmoney416

Ben Mauk's Counsel
These are currently up at TheGreek, and while I don't love tieing up money for a long time, I will be considering these plays. Any insight is appreciated. Also, not all of the lines are up yet, so these may be added too. These are not plays, just lines I am looking into:

Auburn UNDER 9 Wins (-200): You would have to figure that this team will struggle on offense. They lose a good amount of their OL and Kenny Irons. They play @Florida, @LSU, @Arkansas, and @Georgia. Auburn would have to win two of these four to have an opportunity at 10 wins. Not to mention they have a difficult non-conference tilt against South Florida.

Kansas OVER 6 Wins (-120): They play the following games, all at home: CMU, SE Louisiana, Toledo, Fla. International, Baylor, Iowa St. They will likely be favored in all six, though there are a few potential slip-ups there.
Problem is, it is hard to see them winning any of the other 6 games: @Kansas St., @Colorado, @Texas A&M, Nebraska, @Oklahoma St, and Missouri.

Arkansas OVER 8.5 (+160): The Under on this -200, and I am hoping that this falls to 8. Arkansas plays the following games at home: Troy, Kentucky, N. Texas, Chattanooga, Auburn, Fla. International, South Carolina, Mississippi St. That is eight home games, all of which I feel are winnable. They also have road games @Alabama and @Mississippi, which could prove as possible victories. I will almost certainly stay away if this stays at 8.5 due to their many defensive questions, but I will look at this if it falls to 8.

Still many teams that remain unlined - so they will be considered as well. Any input welcome.

Georgia Tech Over 7 (-115) looks pretty good too, but I have to read up on Georgia Tech a little more.

Georgia Tech Over 7 (-115) looks pretty good too, but I have to read up on Georgia Tech a little more.

What makes you say that? What do the Jackets have this year that makes you think they are going to be competitive?

What makes you say that? What do the Jackets have this year that makes you think they are going to be competitive?

Mostly a hunch - I admittedly have to read up more about them.

Based on limited research, they return 17 starters. They lose Johnson, but have addition by subtraction by losing Ball. They return four on the OL along with Choice at RB.

They also return eight on defense, and seem to be fairly strong on both lines, even though the secondary could be shaky.

That said, the schedule offers a good amount of challenges:

Home:
Samford
BC
Clemson
Army
Virginia Tech
North Carolina
Georgia

Away:
Notre Dame
Virginia
Maryland
Miami Fla.
Duke

I dont think seven or eight wins is a stretch though. Please correct me if any of the above information is incorrect.

alot more teams have been added (atleast on BoDog)

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Louisville

(Regular Season). Team must play all regular season games for action. Bowl and Conference Championship games not count towards wager. No Parlays. Max $600
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Over

</TD><TD rowSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>10

</TD><TD noWrap>(-120)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 10" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409728 name=lineID>
(-110)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 10" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409729 name=lineID>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - LSU

(Regular Season). Team must play all regular season games for action. Bowl and Conference Championship games not count towards wager. No Parlays. Max $600

</TD><TD rowSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>10½

</TD><TD noWrap>(-125)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 10½" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409730 name=lineID>
(-105)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 10½" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409731 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Miami Florida

</TD><TD rowSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD><TD noWrap>(-140)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 8½" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409789 name=lineID>
(+110)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 8½" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409790 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Michigan

</TD><TD rowSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>10

</TD><TD noWrap>(-115)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 10" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409791 name=lineID>
(-115)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 10" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409792 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Nebraska

</TD><TD rowSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>9

</TD><TD noWrap>(+130)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 9" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409795 name=lineID>
(-160)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 9" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409796 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Notre Dame

</TD><TD noWrap>(-125)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 7½" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409797 name=lineID>
(-105)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 7½" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409798 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Ohio State

</TD><TD noWrap>(-115)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 9" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409805 name=lineID>
(-115)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 9" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409806 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Oklahoma

</TD><TD noWrap>(-120)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 10" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409807 name=lineID>
(-110)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 10" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409808 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Oregon

</TD><TD rowSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>7

</TD><TD noWrap>(-115)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 7" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409809 name=lineID>
(-115)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 7" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409810 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Penn State

</TD><TD noWrap>(EVEN)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 9½" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409811 name=lineID>
(-130)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 9½" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409812 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - South Carolina

</TD><TD rowSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>7

</TD><TD noWrap>(-125)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 7" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409813 name=lineID>
(-105)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 7" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409814 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Tennessee

</TD><TD noWrap>(+115)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 9" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409817 name=lineID>
(-145)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 9" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409818 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Texas

</TD><TD noWrap>(-105)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 10" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409819 name=lineID>
(-125)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 10" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409820 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Texas A&M

</TD><TD noWrap>(-115)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 7½" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409821 name=lineID>
(-115)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 7½" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409822 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - Texas Tech

</TD><TD rowSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>8

</TD><TD noWrap>(-105)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 8" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409823 name=lineID>
(-125)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 8" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409824 name=lineID>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Under

</TD><TD>-

2007 NCAA Football Regular Season Wins - UCLA

</TD><TD noWrap>(-105)o <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be over 9" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409825 name=lineID>
(-125)u <INPUT title="Click to bet on the game's total score to be under 9" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2409826 name=lineID>

ND might win 7 this yr.

Georgia Tech
@PSU
@Michigan

Michigan St.
@Purdue
@UCLA
Boston College
USC

Those are 6 games I feel they have a legit shot to lose

ND might win 7 this yr.

Georgia Tech
@PSU
@Michigan
Michigan St.
@Purdue
@UCLA
Boston College
USC

Those are 6 games I feel they have a legit shot to lose

Agreed, @Purdue and dare I say @Stanford may not be a picnic either. The GT game will prove very important for anyone on this O/U. If ND loses to GT, it would set up perfectly for an evevtual winning wager on the under.

I like Iowa to go over 8.5 wins. Look at their cake schedule:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>Date</TD><TD>Opponent</TD><TD>Time/Result</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 1</TD><TD align=middle>@Northern Illinois</TD><TD align=middle><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1188675000))</SCRIPT>3:30pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 8</TD><TD align=middle>Syracuse</TD><TD align=middle><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1189296300))</SCRIPT>8:05pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 15</TD><TD align=middle>@Iowa St.</TD><TD align=middle><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1189877400))</SCRIPT>1:30pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 22</TD><TD align=middle>@Wisconsin</TD><TD align=middle><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1190505600))</SCRIPT>8:00pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 29</TD><TD align=middle>Indiana</TD><TD align=middle><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1191081900))</SCRIPT>12:05pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Oct 6</TD><TD align=middle>@Penn St.</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Oct 13</TD><TD align=middle>Illinois</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Oct 20</TD><TD align=middle>@Purdue</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Oct 27</TD><TD align=middle>Michigan St.</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Nov 3</TD><TD align=middle>@Northwestern</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Nov 10</TD><TD align=middle>Minnesota</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Nov 17</TD><TD align=middle>W. Michigan</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Granted, @ Wisconsin and @ Penn St. can probably be marked down as Ls. But at 8.5, the Hawkeyes could lose @ Purdue and still cover. Although a loss to one of the other 9 wouldn't be the upset of the century, Iowa should be a definite favorite in each. And while nothing is a sure thing when it comes to over/under win totals, I think this is the best value I've found thus far (especially at -120). Should be a rebound year for Ferentz and Co.

That's probably a solid bet parare.
Here is another that caught my eye: Syracuse Under 4.5 wins -105

Schedule:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=middle><TD>Date</TD><TD>Opponent</TD><TD>Time/Result</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Aug 31</TD><TD align=middle>Washington</TD><TD align=middle><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1188604800))</SCRIPT>8:00pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 8</TD><TD align=middle>@Iowa</TD><TD align=middle><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1189296300))</SCRIPT>8:05pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 15</TD><TD align=middle>Illinois</TD><TD align=middle><SCRIPT>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1189872000))</SCRIPT>12:00pm</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 22</TD><TD align=middle>@Louisville</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Sep 29</TD><TD align=middle>@Miami (Ohio)</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Oct 6</TD><TD align=middle>West Virginia</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Oct 13</TD><TD align=middle>Rutgers</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Oct 20</TD><TD align=middle>Buffalo</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Nov 3</TD><TD align=middle>@Pittsburgh</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Nov 10</TD><TD align=middle>South Florida</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Nov 17</TD><TD align=middle>@Connecticut</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>Nov 24</TD><TD align=middle>Cincinnati</TD><TD align=middle>TBA</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Let's say they beat Washington, Illinois, @Miami OH, and Buffalo (and this is a big assumption IMO). That's four wins. I think it will be a very tough go for them in conference. They play Rutgers, WVU, and SF at home in games that they do not have much of a chance in either way. Of the teams expected to finish 5-7 in the conference (Cincy, Pitt, and UConn), Cincy is the only one they get at home.

Of these , under 9 UCLA looks pretty good.

How I see it:

UCLA as a favorite :at stanford , home to BYU, at UTAH, Home to Washington, home to Notre Dame,at wazzu, at Arizona (game should be close to a pick), home to arizona state, home to oregon

UCLA as a dog : at oregon state, Home to CAL, at USC

tall order for this team to win at ore st. , and I don't see them beating usc this year in major revenge spot for usc at home. Maybe they can upset Cal at home

of the games where they are favored there are a lot of tough spots( under a TD fav).
--byu week 2 -- i would expect ucla to win here but byu is by no means an easy win

--at utah week 3-- Utah at home isn't easy and by this point the johnson kid should be back in the flow of major college football competition.

--home to notre dame -- I kind of like ucla here after they choked a road win vs notre dame away last year. but again , this isn't an easy game for the bruins by any stretch

--at wash st-- after brutal schedule of at ore st, home to ND and home to Cal it could be hard for ucla to get up for wazzu his is always tougher at home.

-- at arizona -- arizona may even be favored in this one. enough said there as far as easiness goes

--home to arizona state -- should be just under a td favorite here depending on how the two seasons are going. is this one easy ??

--home to oregon-- This one isn't easy either no matter how much i think steele has oregon overrated.

Have to like odds that ucla does not go 10-2 and i lose.

steele says that ucla might be favored in first 11 ... hard to see them being favored at oregon state (please god let it be so, so that i can have an easy game to bet), doubt they are favored at home to CAL unless they are undefeated at the time. and they will be a dog to usc.

They have to win a lot of close calls to cover the 9 wins. thoughts ??

Back