Regular season lines up for Sunday, 4/3

peelpub94

More Guards Than Shawshank
5Dimes just posted lines for the Sunday games on 4/3.

7d71df2fb51c71d140831ff27e147898.png

Cubs/Angels is a ST game, so I believe that's an error.

no, the cubs open vs the angels. who will the angels run out there, Richards?

Right but the regular season opener is Monday for that match up.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/157684628/3-mlb-opening-day-games-on-first-sunday

Opening Day 2016 will feature a combined seven national ESPN telecasts -- three on Sunday, April 3, and four on Monday, April 4 -- Commissioner Rob Manfred announced on Thursday at the end of Major League Baseball's quarterly Owners Meetings in Dallas.
Those seven games will include the participation of all 10 clubs that played in the 2015 postseason. It starts with a televised tripleheader on that Sunday: Cardinals at Pirates at 1:05 p.m. ET, Blue Jays at Rays at 4:05 ET (ESPN2), and then a World Series rematch of Mets at Royals in the exclusive ESPN "Sunday Night Baseball" national opener at 8:35 ET.

The Monday slate of openers will feature an ESPN quadrupleheader: Astros at Yankees at 1:05 p.m. ET, Mariners at Rangers at 4:05 ET, Dodgers at Padres at 7:05 ET and Cubs at Angels at 10:05 ET (ESPN2).

Aren't all of those games, outside of the night game, preseason games? Unless MLB has changed how they've done things for decades with one Sunday night game to open the season that is.

It has changed:

Opening Day 2016 will feature a combined seven national ESPN telecasts -- three on Sunday, April 3, and four on Monday, April 4 -- Commissioner Rob Manfred announced on Thursday at the end of Major League Baseball's quarterly Owners Meetings in Dallas.

Those seven games will include the participation of all 10 clubs that played in the 2015 postseason. It starts with a televised tripleheader on that Sunday: Cardinals at Pirates at 1:05 p.m. ET, Blue Jays at Rays at 4:05 ET (ESPN2), and then a World Series rematch of Mets at Royals in the exclusive ESPN "Sunday Night Baseball" national opener at 8:35 ET.

It has changed:

Yeah, I realized I was an idiot when I read your post. Couldn't delete my post for some reason so went with old reliable popcorn guy.

Back