Regarding Islanders no goal

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
Just was announced that RUle 69 was in place where a goaltender cannot be pushed into the net to score a goal.

Stings but good call:shake:

If I were an Islander fan I'd suggest that they change the name of that rule to rule 'number 68 and we owe ya one.'

best part was Bob McKenzie was talking about it, and you hear JR in the background "hehe he said 69"

hilarious

Man the Islanders cant seem to have any luck. Its not over but Buffalos been able to win without the whole team showing up. Drury was a one-man gang last night. And the habs should try and sign him. Hed be a perfect fit.

Just was announced that RUle 69 was in place where a goaltender cannot be pushed into the net to score a goal.

Stings but good call:shake:

There is clear video of Witt hitting the loose puck, which was between Smith's legs, into the net before anyone touched smith...not a good call, a terrible BS call...from the isles website:

Let's try to make this clear and simple, sticking only to the facts:
* After the puck went in the net, Islanders center Mike Sillinger was told by the referees that the decision of “goal or no goal” would ultimately be made by NHL headquarters in Toronto.

* In a phone conversation after the game, Stephen Walkom, the NHL VP and Director of Officiating, told Islanders general manager Garth Snow that the call was made by the referees on the ice.
* Walkom told Snow the referees disallowed the goal because Islanders defenseman Brendan Witt crashed into Buffalo goaltender Ryan Miller, causing the puck to cross the goal line.
* There is at least one clear, definitive replay that shows the puck sitting on the goal line between Miller's legs and then Brendan Witt, uncontested, skating in and slamming the puck into the net. Not a player on either team touches Miller until well after the puck crosses the goal line. Witt never touches Miller at all.

Jesus fing mother of holy sh!t,I am still losing it - hurts really really badly

* There is at least one clear, definitive replay that shows the puck sitting on the goal line between Miller's legs and then Brendan Witt, uncontested, skating in and slamming the puck into the net. Not a player on either team touches Miller until well after the puck crosses the goal line. Witt never touches Miller at all.

Not a player on either team touches Miller until well after the puck crosses the goal line. Witt never touches Miller at all.<!-- / message -->

My biggest problem with the whole thing is this. I didn't even see the replay where they say it's clearly over the line before Miller gets pushed/run into/whatever.

My problem is that the ref blows the puck dead because he loses sight of it. Fine, that's not a problem. But when he realizes that where he's blown it dead the puck is already over the goal line, the call should be changed.

Again, I understand that the puck is dead when and where the ref loses sight of it, but when he lost sight of it, it was under Miller's legs, both of which were behind the goal line.

That's what replay could confirm and that's why I think that the play should have been changed.

Back