Red Wings Game 3- Liking the Wings

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
As I spoke to Satyr and Bar before we had this series pegged perfectly. We said it is exactly predictable, a young team with no experience vs a much better team in the finals.

This result is so predictable, what is even more predictable is that Detroit is already planning that they will win this CUP in 5 games, or 4 if they can win the next game.

Not surprising they win the first 2 games in this series. Now we say what will happen now, I dont think the Pens will tie this series up and win both in Pitts. Home ice really does not mean very much at all in hockey especially in the Cup finals.

Detroit was 1-2 vs Nashville on the road
Detroit was 2-0 vs Colorado on the Road
Detroit was 2-1 vs Dallas on the Road

This means they are 5-3 on the road this post season.

I think what I have seen this year is teams are getting the 3-0 series lead and then relaxing in game 4, knowing they can finish the series in 5 at home.

Detroit won game 3 to go up 3-0 vs Colorado and Dallas on the road. In this series it is like going up 3-0 guarantees them the Cup.

Teams sometimes take it easy and let the other team have a game, that has been happening all NBA playoffs with teams up 2-0 usually getting smoked by 20+ in game 3.

TEAMS- Everyone had this series a lot closer than it really was. Trust me on this one, Ottawa Senators, Philly, and Rangers are very weak.

In fact I can tell you that just because these 2 teams are meetiing in the finals means nothing. Pitts is not a strong team. They had Ottawa with no Alfreddson, and Fisher, had Phily missing 2 top Dman, and also had a Rangers team that was average.

Pitts is what I call perfect material to beat in a FINAL. Much like Ottawa lost to Anaheim last year, it was the same thing, shut down ALfredsson, Spezza and Heatly and you shut down Ottawa. Anaheim just beat them up physically.

Pitts has players under 21 years old, they do not want to play physical, this is grown men vs young kids. Skill is negated with hitting and clutching, and just better overall coaching, defense and goaltending.

Pitts answer by MALKIN was comical, I am tired lol? Complaining about reffing.

I will play Detroit in game 3 and double up in game 4 if they dont win. They will leave Pitts up 3-1 at worst.

What happens all the time in finals is that home teams do not come back and tie it. Detroit is better, knows that and steals a win. Good championship teams have no problem winning on the road in the playoffs, especially in the finals.

Thinking PItts will bounce back is dangerous, they are already beaten mentally, Detroit will play good D and can easily beat PItts. PItts can score vs depleted teams, like rangers, philly and Ottawa who have no D? Put them vs a good D, look at the results.

I think Detroit can sweep this team easily- Dallas, Colorado were much better than PITTS. Pitts scores fancy goals but is really not good, their D is weak, thier O is flashy, and cannot take a physical beating.

THe cheap shots by Pitts should only motivate Detroit.

IN finals there are no throw away games- I think Detroit takes game 3 and gets up 3-0 in this one. They know they have Pitts in trouble and I doubt it they lose game 3 here. They are playing well and know the recipe to beat this PItts team.

Love the write-up. I actually think Pitt scores first and Detroit comes back and wins.

Playing the bounce back angle is very dangerous. In almost identical fashion to last years final Ottawa vs Anaheim. Anaheim dominated game 1 and game2, and won game 4 in Ottawa. Ottawa kept saying we will do this and we will do that, and just got shut out when they said they will come back.

WHO wants a team in PANICK? WHo wants a team complaining and saying we will do this better and we will score more?

DOes anyone want the team dominating, calm, with experience and confident? Its not that complicated, there is no bounceback now, Detroit is not giving up anytihng, they know they must win on the road, Finals are usually quick and short as one team is more fresh and just wants it more.

Pitts will get demoralized here- I really think Detroit will bring its A game in game 3-- After up 3-0 teams can take it easy but not at 2-0.

Another way I am playing this is I am playing Detroit to win the 3rd game basically at even money- THey will win the 3rd game, before this series is 2-2, that is assured. This is not basketball here, and Detroit can win on the road with all their veterans, they have won in concvinving fashion when they win on the road also this playoffs.

Pitt has one guy over 50% on faceoffs..cannot do that against a Detroit team

Does NHL have live betting? Cuz...thats one chalk I would lay after a goal or two..their defense just demoralizes you.

Love the write-up. I actually think Pitt scores first and Detroit comes back and wins.

I dont love the fact that I did not bomb this series bro. This matchup is exactly like this buddy-

Detroit could suit anyone of us on their team, and tell us to basically just attack and hit #87 and #18 and Malkin all game. How can u score when u dont have the puck and you are getting hit all series?

PItts is not strong defensively either and their goalie is average. Detroit just did not win game 1 and game 2, they send a message to Pitts, that if you want to win, u better be prepared for war and come and play physical. PItts is not a physical team. They are good at home, but they have not played the WINGS either. Pitts basically is like a AUTOMATIC final contendor as I consider their wins vs WEAK competition nothing special.

Defense wins championships folks, Giants beat PATS, in this one, Lidstrom, Kronwell will just beat up Crosby and want it much more.

Also every time a young star makes it to their first final like JOrdan, Lebron James it usually ends up in a finals sweep against them.

THis is predictable, Detroit is ready and will not let game 3 and game 4 slip away- they get one for sure, I think they take game 3 though

Does NHL have live betting? Cuz...thats one chalk I would lay after a goal or two..their defense just demoralizes you.

YEah they have a line at the end of each period- and sometimes after 2 a moneyline on the game--

People expecting PItts to bounce back is risky-- IN NBA it is happening all the time, but there is reffing, and home energy, hockey home ice is not that much one early goal and the crowd is silenced bro--

I really feel that a wager on Detroit is good, maybe if they win I double up on game 4, but either way they will win--

I just cannot imagine the Detroit coach saying good, now lets prepare for Game 5 at home tied 2-2 wiht piTTS.
NO chance he is ready to try and sweep or at worst get up 3-1. And at that in the finals they are more likely to finish them off and not risk coming back home if up 3-0--

At even odds and the way the series has gone if someone asks you who you will bet in this series you have to take WINGS-

By taking PItts you are really thinking that this series at least goes to 2-1 Detroit and has a chance to be 2-2??

Well teams in Detroits position have won the Cup 29 of 30 times, meaning they usually win one of game 3 or game 4 I presume.

The first 2 games are over, anyone thinking because detroit won both, PItts will match them is not good thinking. Detroit is a better team plain and simple, they can win on the road and should get the wins.

I want to be a part of Detroit now, Pitts is sinking, and looks shaky and is complaining?

Does anyone really think what PItts is doing, and saying off ice, and there cheap shots and shenanagahans is going to win them the CUP???

Read between the lines, PITTS is in sinking mode, everything they do suggests they are frustrated and know they lost game 1 and game2, they got their spirit taken from them, and their MOXY- THis is a team that had not been behind in a series, look at what happens they lose game 1, and then say we will be back and have players coaches meetings and then lose game 2 in a shutout-

This is not good, I dont think Pitts can just figure out a way to overcome so many things here and beat this Detroit team- Detroit let nashville and Dallas get a couple of games, but I think here they will learn from that and take game 3 to win the series.

Sammy, to me its this simple.

Who is more likely not to win 1 of the next 2 games - Detroit or Pitt?

being able to chase Det at decent money is a gift imo (they lose game 3, they should still be dogs in game 4).

That's exactly what killed Dallas, among other things.

Detroit is a pure puck possession team, unlike any other in the NHL, and naturally when they're on top of their game, they can be beaten only if Turco plays a game of his career.

Leaning Detroit here, will add more thoughts later on.

wow, that'slaying it out there perfectly sammy. I love the pens and have been winning on them during the playoffs and against them in the finals and i really just wanted to put a small wager on them in the game (i have det to win the series 2.5-1.5u) and thought i did before going to work at -115 but i forgot my connection was sucking ass this morning and now i come home and see det is +105!

anyways what you guys say is spot on. pitt may be able to do a little better with face-offs being at home and i think they have to try to stick excusively with crosby and staal. the pens have never been that great at face-offs in the past except for ronny francis, the difference here is that det, like pittsburgh, is a puck-control team and detroit is just simly
1. better at the face-off to control initial possession
2. better at controling the puck and attacking/using there offense to get scoring chances
3. more physical in the flow of the game as well as more aggressive with the puck and defensively

plus their goalie is hot right now and ours trips on the way onto the ice, but i think the refs will favor the pens alot tonight and hopefully roberts staged the end of game 2 to get all that crap out of their systems..I like the over at 5 goals, think we may even be 3-3 at the end of regulation

if the TUXEDO'S are going to win a game - i think it is tonight -

RED WINGS in 5 - they win the next 2
attachment.php

Screw it this is YEAR OF THE HOME TEAM, No doubts about that, home teams are winning easily, you would be rich if you took them

Made it back taking the WIngs in game 4

Now on to game 5, thinking the wings win this one, they are dominating very well, Pens are playiong good D to keep the scores close at home

<TABLE class=tborder id=post887954 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- status icon and date -->
post_old.gif
05-28-2008, 08:14 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right> #14 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 0px solid" width=175>FRITO<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_887954", true); </SCRIPT>
Equipment Manager

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_887954 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->if the TUXEDO'S are going to win a game - i think it is tonight -

RED WINGS in 5 - they win the next 2
attachment.php

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
:tiphat:

You were right buddy-- I am thinking WIngs close this one now at home? THey didnt vs Detroit but I think they have all the MOMENTUM here and could have swept but were aiming for 1 win and close it at home as it is sweeter to win at home--

Pens are young and I could see a result like last year when Ottawa went to anaheim and lost 5-1 and mailed it in..

Detroit dominated them for sure all game, they can win this in 5

detroit is a veteran team and they know they need to kill the series next game at home and win it, they know what can happen if you let a team thats on the ropes have some hope.

detroit wins it next game.

Back