Recent Line Moves

BM still pretty sharp right @big_units ?
I can answer for Big Units as I work with him. Yes, BM is the sharpest offshore book around. Not even close per BU - in fact other books will monitor BM and adjust to them at times. If you compare them to other books LIVE lines and figure out when they're shading a game to one side/total, BU say you will win 65%ish of the time - he's seen it for years. Of course the definition of when they're shading is subjective (i.e. how many points, what time of game you're at, pregame line, etc.).

I can answer for Big Units as I work with him. Yes, BM is the sharpest offshore book around. Not even close per BU - in fact other books will monitor BM and adjust to them at times. If you compare them to other books LIVE lines and figure out when they're shading a game to one side/total, BU say you will win 65%ish of the time - he's seen it for years. Of course the definition of when they're shading is subjective (i.e. how many points, what time of game you're at, pregame line, etc.).
Just looking at lines over the years it seems to go 1. Pinny 2. BM but not like most of us could ever use Pinny

Just looking at lines over the years it seems to go 1. Pinny 2. BM but not like most of us could ever use Pinny
Yeah we don't use Pinny. Can't make it work even with VPN. too risky to lose bankroll in there.

Yeah we don't use Pinny. Can't make it work even with VPN. too risky to lose bankroll in there.
Not sure how a VPN would work anyway, you simply can't have a US IP address there

If you're in very N Washington state is it possible to get a Canadian VPN? I wouldn't think so

Not sure how a VPN would work anyway, you simply can't have a US IP address there

If you're in very N Washington state is it possible to get a Canadian VPN? I wouldn't think so
I don't really understand it all - BU uses it a lot and he just says Pinny is much too risky to try and access from the US - and I take his word for it. It's too bad. I remember when I had a local who set me up with a Pinny Credit account - that was sweet.

I don't really understand it all - BU uses it a lot and he just says Pinny is much too risky to try and access from the US - and I take his word for it. It's too bad. I remember when I had a local who set me up with a Pinny Credit account - that was sweet.
I haven't had pinny since fall 2007?

The ole "Port Bill"

F*****s

That and Netteller. Good times!

BM is a very important tool for live betting as o really discovered chatting with BU during '21-'22 NBA season.

few interesting ones as we get closer:

Fresno St down to +3.5
Utah down to -7 - sounds like Rising might be out. #2 backup definitely out.
Liberty been stuck on -12 and saw both -11 and -13 at different books
Wiscy as high as -26 now
Stanford/Cal both down to -7
L Tech busted out of +17 to +19 now vs. SMU

got good lines on most of my bets. one big clunker (i.e. when Wyoming was 13 I bought to 14 thinking it would go down).

Fresno St down to +3.5
Wiscy as high as -26 now

got good lines on most of my bets. one big clunker (i.e. when Wyoming was 13 I bought to 14 thinking it would go down).
Appreciate the tracking.

Fresno St down to +3.5
Wiscy as high as -26 now

Saw Wisky at -27 yesterday @ Caesars

Yup, saw Wiscy up to -27. some others I've seen now that we're getting close.
SDSU to -2
Notre Dame at -21
CF to -36.5
Florida to +6.5 - sounds like Rising will be out. 2nd QB definitely out.
Hawaii to +6.5 vs Tree
Old Dom to +16 - don't they give VT hell every year?
UCLA to -14.5
Virginia to +29

Sure we'll get a lot more now that we're so close

SDSU to -2
Notre Dame at -21
CF to -36.5
Hawaii to +6.5 vs Tree
UCLA to -14.5
Virginia to +29

The Va Tech -16.5 at BM surprised me as that one kinda hung out around 13.5 all summer. Haven't looked into it, so not sure what caused the 3 point move as that game is a no play for me as I have no idea how the Hokies will come out...

The Va Tech -16.5 at BM surprised me as that one kinda hung out around 13.5 all summer. Haven't looked into it, so not sure what caused the 3 point move as that game is a no play for me as I have no idea how the Hokies will come out...
Yeah i haven't looked but in my mind it seems like OD always plays them tough. But everything i read is OD should be pretty bad this year. But yeah busted right through 14 quick.

BM still pretty sharp right @big_units ?
sorry just saw this now. yeah, mike pretty much summed it up. i guess i can't really attest to BM's pre-game shading because i simply don't monitor it enough to know how often they're right. they are easily the sharpest in-game lines, not just for NBA, but across the board in football, baseball, and hockey. and, i do know when i recognize them having an obvious shade live, they're generally correct in the neighborhood of 60%, if not higher. been tracking it for about 5 years now, so no small sample size. it could be possible that they are much sharper on the in-game, but i would think they are just as solid on the pre-game as well. if BOL, BAS, etc. all have -3, -3.5/-180 on a live line, and BM shows -1/-130, and you really want to take the favorite...stay the fuck away from that bet. will save you a nice chunk of money in the long run.

Last edited:

the best VPN services like cyberghost and nordvpn offer connections all around the world. from major cities like london to some random obscure shit in macedonia. they offer over 50 different countries to choose from. when the book notices you're using a VPN though, you'll probably have to go through extra steps when it's time for payout, especially if the your registered address is not near the VPN location you're logging in from. the big risk with pinnacle is...let's say you're connecting to a london VPN from los angeles, and your internet connection drops out. your true IP will start to ping in LA instead of london. if pinnacle notices, then they will probably confiscate your balance because you're showing in their restricted country. same goes with the u.s. books that only operate in certain states like NV and NJ. you can log in from a NJ vpn to fool them, but if it disconnects and you ping from CA, they can fuck you over.

Reactions: KJ
SDSU to -2
Notre Dame at -21
CF to -36.5
Hawaii to +6.5 vs Tree
UCLA to -14.5
Virginia to +29

No, ODU does not give VPI hell every year. They do it every other year. They won the last one so I would look for VPI to cover this year. Not betting it though.

some pretty big moves today (my number if I have game):
Florida down to +5 (Florida +8)
BGreen down to +10 (BG +12)
Fresno St down to +3.5 (Fresno +6 and U53.5)
Indiana up to +29
ULM up to +9
Sam Houston St down to +20 (SHS +24 buy 1/2)

Those are the biggest changes I noticed from yesterday. I have BM, BOL, Circa and Heritage and definitely some differences up to 2 points. pays to have outs and shop - guess Walters has that in his book. Pretty lucky most of my early bets the line has moved in my favor. Hopefully it bodes well. As I said before a few clunckers - still mad I bought 1 point on Wyoming +14 months ago thinking it was headed to 10. But the guys I tail have pretty much nailed the line movement from early Summer to now (Wyoming was my own call, which is typical). Getting interesting.

New mex st down to 7 at circa. Down from 12 opener i think. But umass?? I just added heritage to bm and bol today. Will say circa offers some sometimes interesting differences to offshore. Huge limits too. By far best US based book ive seen.

Don’t you think it more bout taking a number in what could be a ugly low scoring game? I doubt anyone was hitting umass thinking “fuck yes, umass!!”, my thinking woulda been more along the lines of, 20 points could easily win this game, getting double digits or even more than a td prob not the worst bet.

some pretty big moves today (my number if I have game):
Florida down to +5 (Florida +8)
BGreen down to +10 (BG +12)
Fresno St down to +3.5 (Fresno +6 and U53.5)
Indiana up to +29
ULM up to +9
Sam Houston St down to +20 (SHS +24 buy 1/2)

Those are the biggest changes I noticed from yesterday. I have BM, BOL, Circa and Heritage and definitely some differences up to 2 points. pays to have outs and shop - guess Walters has that in his book. Pretty lucky most of my early bets the line has moved in my favor. Hopefully it bodes well. As I said before a few clunckers - still mad I bought 1 point on Wyoming +14 months ago thinking it was headed to 10. But the guys I tail have pretty much nailed the line movement from early Summer to now (Wyoming was my own call, which is typical). Getting interesting.
ULM hit +10 at MGM.. that one has become enticing with new running clock and Army changing O schemes a bit

UMASS down to +6
South Bama down to +6
UCF now -37
Wisky -28
smaller but WVU/PSU Total dropped from 53.5 to 52

and some look ahead GOY lines have dropped Texas to +6 at Bama in week 2

Don’t you think it more bout taking a number in what could be a ugly low scoring game? I doubt anyone was hitting umass thinking “fuck yes, umass!!”, my thinking woulda been more along the lines of, 20 points could easily win this game, getting double digits or even more than a td prob not the worst bet.
yeah, I forgot to add this - I saw it down to 6.5 this morning. IDK - didn't NM St put up like 50 on Liberty late last season - I know Liberty laid down due to Freeze leaving and I'm not sure on NM St returning production on offense. But UMass usually has a shit defense (as well as offense LOL), at least in my mind. But I saw someone I respect say this game has 13 3 written all over it. So you're likely right. I have no play on it as I like NM St but the line keeps moving to UMass. So I'll stay off unless someone I tail adds it late here.

ULM hit +10 at MGM.. that one has become enticing with new running clock and Army changing O schemes a bit

UMASS down to +6
South Bama down to +6
UCF now -37
Wisky -28
smaller but WVU/PSU Total dropped from 53.5 to 52

and some look ahead GOY lines have dropped Texas to +6 at Bama in week 2
shit I had Texas 6.5 but bought off thinking it might go to 7. I still saw 6.5 at BOL this morning - must have just moved. Have S Bama 7.5 so happy to see that move. Have Wiscy 23.5 and Bookie was right that would go to 28. Still don't get the UMass love. I know UCF opened 31.5 and I could have gotten around 33 but passed. looks like mistake. might try UCF 1H when it comes out.

yeah, I forgot to add this - I saw it down to 6.5 this morning. IDK - didn't NM St put up like 50 on Liberty late last season - I know Liberty laid down due to Freeze leaving and I'm not sure on NM St returning production on offense. But UMass usually has a shit defense (as well as offense LOL), at least in my mind. But I saw someone I respect say this game has 13 3 written all over it. So you're likely right. I have no play on it as I like NM St but the line keeps moving to UMass. So I'll stay off unless someone I tail adds it late here.

Im probably not the right person to ask, im always little slow getting up to speed and it worse this year since my wife’s medical problems have kinda cut into some my free time. Im starting to listen, watch, read things but I’m a long way from the nmst and umass’s of the world, lol. All I could say is the guy umass brought in to coach last year has a strong defensive pedigree, the d def improved last year and I’d think that continues, I’m not sure bout nmst offense but I can’t imagine it that good or they wouldn’t have a 45 total against umass! I have no clue, just my assumption of why the line would get bet down from double digits. Somebody expecting a low scoring ugly game which would make sense to me. Going to under -7 seems awful strong!!

Gotta give ya a little pause that they were willing to bring it under -7?
Nah, my plays are based on variances and I had this one marked as a play at anything under 7, so barring some crazy injury I don't know about, it will be submitted once I wrap up in a bit...

shit I had Texas 6.5 but bought off thinking it might go to 7. I still saw 6.5 at BOL this morning - must have just moved. Have S Bama 7.5 so happy to see that move. Have Wiscy 23.5 and Bookie was right that would go to 28. Still don't get the UMass love. I know UCF opened 31.5 and I could have gotten around 33 but passed. looks like mistake. might try UCF 1H when it comes out.
with you on SBA at 7.5.. UCF dipped last week to -34.5 and that was low enough for me to fire (even though yea, -33 was there for a while)... Really hope Texas goes back to 7.. with ya there.. agree on NMSU UMASS should be better, but thats still a bottom 3 team

ULM can't stop the run but given Army's potential changes in offensive scheme along with the less than ideal QB situation, I am starting to lean a bit towards taking a shot with ULM, especially if I can get 11.5 at a decent price eventually, as the clock should be running constantly leading to significantly fewer possessions than the majority of games on the board, so am tempted to hold my nose and take the points, as this one should be ugly....No need for me to rush, but am mildly intrigued, but will see if it keeps going up...

with you on SBA at 7.5.. UCF dipped last week to -34.5 and that was low enough for me to fire (even though yea, -33 was there for a while)... Really hope Texas goes back to 7.. with ya there.. agree on NMSU UMASS should be better, but thats still a bottom 3 team
Yeah i dont get umass move. Maybe 7 and above to take a # as Bank suggested. But now 6. NMS has a RSW of 6 so they're decent. And at home with umass traveling across country. But that's a strong move from 12 open to 6. So likely stay off. Good to see SBA finally move off that 7, 7.5 our way. Gl

Yeah i dont get umass move. Maybe 7 and above to take a # as Bank suggested. But now 6. NMS has a RSW of 6 so they're decent. And at home with umass traveling across country. But that's a strong move from 12 open to 6. So likely stay off. Good to see SBA finally move off that 7, 7.5 our way. Gl
I took the 5.5 124 at BM as I think it goes back up to 7.5 by kickoff

Army / ULM

ULM is gonna get their ass pounded like a cheap blow-up doll here ...........so would avoid jumping on that fat 10.

Army's explosive back (8.4/rush) is still hurt - leaving 2 massive FB's (250/260) to carry the load.

ULM D is the smallest in recent memory (if accurate).
>> DL fine/ little depth tho - LB are 200,200,205, 210 - sec 170,175,185,190. SO THE ARMY QB, at 215, is bigger than 8/11 on ULM D.

$$ I've got Army down as a possible (large) live/2H play here. ULM has some decent transfers on O, and might move the ball some / Army O might struggle early - but Army should be able to pull away late.

Army / ULM

ULM is gonna get their ass pounded like a cheap blow-up doll here ...........so would avoid jumping on that fat 10.

Army's explosive back (8.4/rush) is still hurt - leaving 2 massive FB's (250/260) to carry the load.

ULM D is the smallest in recent memory (if accurate).
>> DL fine/ little depth tho - LB are 200,200,205, 210 - sec 170,175,185,190. SO THE ARMY QB, at 215, is bigger than 8/11 on ULM D.

$$ I've got Army down as a possible (large) live/2H play here. ULM has some decent transfers on O, and might move the ball some / Army O might struggle early - but Army should be able to pull away late.
To that end- ULM was up LY on Army 17-14 at half. And Army ended up winning by 24…

Total in the Navy game now down a couple points to 48.5...haven't looked into injuries, but weather seems fine with no rain or wind issues...

Back