Raptors sign Croatian guard Roko Leni Ukic

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/rokoukic_071608.html

You will love this guy, I promise you that. :smiley_acbe:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/McEn7vq1uxg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/McEn7vq1uxg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:cheers:

Ok a few words.

He's a multi talented PG, a combination of Calderon and Manu as someone pointed out in the comment section of that you tube vid, pretty accurately. He has matured big time in the past few years, playing for some of Europe's best clubs (Barcelona, Tau ceramica, Roma).

He began his career at KK Split in Croatia, and it was soon clear that he was going to be huge, since he had the ability to take over a game and was clutch at the age of 18.

Still, he didn't get as many chances in Spain at first, since he was a star here in Croatia and only one of the players there, but he has soon developed into a very solid PG with scoring abilities and sharing the rock.

He has improved his defense lately as well especially while playing for Roma for coach Jasmin Repesa who also leads Croatian national selection (currently in the quarterfinals of the Olympic games qualifying tournament and will play against Canada who feature Samuel Dalembert (no Nash)).

You will see a very mature guy for his age, and can expect him to be a role player and if everything goes right and he steps up at the right moment, even a starter.

I work for a Croatian hoops site and we will soon have Ukic' statements directly from Athens, so I'll translate them for you guys, to whoever is interested.

:shake:

Ok a few words.

He's a multi talented PG, a combination of Calderon and Manu as someone pointed out in the comment section of that you tube vid, pretty accurately. He has matured big time in the past few years, playing for some of Europe's best clubs (Barcelona, Tau ceramica, Roma).

He began his career at KK Split in Croatia, and it was soon clear that he was going to be huge, since he had the ability to take over a game and was clutch at the age of 18.

Still, he didn't get as many chances in Spain at first, since he was a star here in Croatia and only one of the players there, but he has soon developed into a very solid PG with scoring abilities and sharing the rock.

He has improved his defense lately as well especially while playing for Roma for coach Jasmin Repesa who also leads Croatian national selection (currently in the quarterfinals of the Olympic games qualifying tournament and will play against Canada who feature Samuel Dalembert (no Nash)).

You will see a very mature guy for his age, and can expect him to be a role player and if everything goes right and he steps up at the right moment, even a starter.

I work for a Croatian hoops site and we will soon have Ukic' statements directly from Athens, so I'll translate them for you guys, to whoever is interested.

:shake:

well said sir, he was once described and called as the next manu, projected as a mid first rounder however fell in the 2nd round because of his contract issues in europe, this kid has potential

the raps loved this guy when they drafted him a few years ago. him and john lucas jr will be very decent back up pg's.

and dalembert isn't playing for team canada anymore.

the dalembert situation is messed up.

apparently dudes were joking around, when some little pussy got offended and cried to management like a bitch, trying to get people kicked off the team.

bitch n*ggas like that make me sick.

the dalembert situation is messed up.

apparently dudes were joking around, when Andy Rautins (Leo's kid) got offended and cried to management like a bitch, trying to get people kicked off the team.

bitch n*ggas like that make me sick.

Fixed it for ya.

He's like one of those pussies who cries to the mods trying to get someone banned from the site, because he's too much of a bitch to take care of it himself.

After his recent dismissal from the Canadian Olympic basketball team, Samuel Dalembert was displeased with the media's portrayal of the incident.
"I read stuff that came from 'a source,'" Dalembert said. "I like people to come forward. I heard that I'm a prima donna. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do that. I had one bad game, and I'm not committed? Please." He said he has no desire to re-join the team, and we're sure the 76ers don't mind having their starting center resting up this summer.

Carlos Delfino has signed a three-year contract to play with BC Khimki in the Euroleague.
Toronto had made a qualifying offer for Delfino, but would have had to go over the cap to re-sign him. The Pistons were also said to be interested, but Delfino decided to go overseas where he'll make about $13.5 million over the course of the deal.
EuroCupBasketball.com

Delfino has some of the worst shot selection of all time.

He can go on a nice streak now and then, but his decision making is below average.

what the hell even happened with dalembert any more info, I don't even know any of the story someone want to fill me in?

leo didnt like his attitude, and the effort he was giving in practice and games.

leo called him out before they got on the team bus, and dalembert got pissed and started questioning rautins coaching abilities. the two went nose to nose and were about to go at it, when they were seperated by other members of the team.

dalembert took off on his own, and hasnt been seen or heard from since.

Dalembert tells his side in Team Canada dispute

By PHIL JASNER
Philadelphia Daily News
jasnerp@phillynews.com
Samuel Dalembert didn't like reading and hearing about the negative, difficult, suddenly uncommitted member of Canada's national team he supposedly had become. He didn't like reading and hearing that he was traveling with the team in Athens, Greece, at an Olympic basketball qualifying tournament with an entourage, that he had alienated his teammates by moving his group into a penthouse in the team's hotel headquarters, and that he had demanded more shots.
And, in a telephone call to the Daily News yesterday, he adamantly said he would not attempt to be reinstated with the team. The 76ers center, who achieved Canadian citizenship as a landed immigrant specifically to help Team Canada reach the Beijing Olympics, was dismissed from the squad by coach Leo Rautins before Wednesday's victory over Korea.
Rautins' decision came after a disagreement with Dalembert outside the team bus. Rautins stood by his decision, even though it meant Dalembert would not be available for today's quarterfinal against Croatia or any additional games. The Canadians need a victory today and one in the semifinals to become one of the three teams in the 12-country tournament to reach China.
"I'd be happy to represent Canada when things get more organized and structured," Dalembert said. "The guys [on the team] know I work hard. I wish them well, for Canada. I want them to win, to give Canada some pride, to go to the Olympics. But sometimes a man has to stand up."
Dalembert said it was "disappointing" that anyone would question his commitment to his adopted country, and to the team for which he has played in back-to-back summers after full seasons with the Sixers.
Dalembert said his so-called entourage included a close friend, his girlfriend, and his high school coach from Montreal and his wife.
"I don't have a 'crew,' " he said. "I have four nice people."
He said he upgraded his hotel accommodations when he realized his room was "so small, I could hardly walk in."
"I wanted to be comfortable," he said. "There were no mandatory team meals, and I couldn't eat some of the food, so I ate with the people with whom I was traveling. Four people. They came to the games. They were the only people in the arena cheering for Canada. It's amazing to me what I'm hearing.
"I had a bad game against Slovenia, but the coach wanted to talk to me 5 minutes before the bus left for the game against Korea. Why didn't he talk to me after the last game?"
He did not deny that voices were raised, and said Rautins asked him to leave the bus.
"I said, 'No, I'm playing for Canada,' " Dalembert said. "He asked me to leave again. I walked away."
Dalembert, angry and frustrated at how he has been portrayed, said that he and his group have changed hotels and that he planned to return to the United States in several days.
"Now I see why it has been so difficult to get [NBA] guys to play for Canada," he said. "I'm very disappointed. I know how to differentiate business and pleasure. This is children's stuff. I don't throw people under the bus. I don't trash the coach.
"But I read stuff that came from 'a source.' I like people to come forward. I heard that I'm a prima donna. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do that. I said I'd do anything to help raise money for Canada. I had one bad game, and I'm not committed? Please." *

Rautins doesnt know what he's doing.

He was a below average player, a below average commentator and is a below average coach.

Back