Rams vs. Buccaneers Discussion Thread

Scariest thing bout this game from rams perspective is the linebackers and the fact rams playing guys off the street at safety. You would think Gronk props but gotta worry he gonna have to stay in to block. Probably get another real short number on brate yards! Have to think Gio be in line for a bunch more catches, I can’t believe playoff Lenny be handling a ton of pass catching duties if he even plays.

I think only 1 of them included Brady as qb tho correct? Not sure any of them not including Brady mean a whole lot, I like rams anyways, just saying,

Rams beat the Bucs in Tampa last year on a Monday night, so the last two have included Brady.

I feel like this is the NFC version of the Ravens for Brady - just a bad matchup. Miller and Floyd on the outside should eat well, as will Donald on the inside. Hitting Tommy early often takes him out of rhythm and reduces him to mere mortal status.

I would be all over the Rams if I truly trusted Stafford to avoid the colossal mistake. And while I think the Rams have the advantage in the coaching match-up, McVay has his share of questionable moments this year. For example, the play-calling in the the third quarter of the 49ers game was a joke.

Rams beat the Bucs in Tampa last year on a Monday night, so the last two have included Brady.

I feel like this is the NFC version of the Ravens for Brady - just a bad matchup. Miller and Floyd on the outside should eat well, as will Donald on the inside. Hitting Tommy early often takes him out of rhythm and reduces him to mere mortal status.

I would be all over the Rams if I truly trusted Stafford to avoid the colossal mistake. And while I think the Rams have the advantage in the coaching match-up, McVay has his share of questionable moments this year. For example, the play-calling in the the third quarter of the 49ers game was a joke.

That a really good comparison I think, 1st time with miller also, his Denver teams gave Brady problems also!

I hear ya on Stafford, he was def the reason I had tempered expectations for rams this postseason. Last week didn’t do a lot to eliminate my fears seeing how he only had to throw 17 passes! Even still it was nice to see him play clean and not make any mistakes! Most likely he gonna have to throw it some more this week, I want to trust him, I’ve always liked his talent and thought he got a bad wrap in Detroit so I’m rooting for him to do well (thank goodness they won last week or he woulda gotten destroyed!). I’m still not convinced you can’t run on bucs cause fact is hardly anyone has tried them! I expect the D isn’t gonna let Brady jump out to a big lead fast so I think Mcvey will certainly try and keep being a run 1st team as that really what he is at his core (they were best before Gurley got hurt in last SB year), I think he obviously changed things a bit this year toying around w his new weapon. I really think a lot rams season was Mcvey learning what he could do with Stafford and Stafford learning the system. Im not saying he ain’t gonna make any mistakes cause he a gunslinger at heart and makes some terrible choices but I wouldn’t expect multiple turnovers. I think the game plan will be really good and if the d doing their jobs he won’t feel the pressure to have to force the issue. Of course if Brady is fantastic all bets are off, just seems unlikely he lights this d up missing so many his pieces and his oline being banged up for the 1st time since he been there!!

Been saying this for weeks but akers is a huge game changer for this rams offense also. That dude is in the special category far as rb’s go imo, he looked pretty much like his old self last week even tho he only averaged 3.2 a carry.

Don’t let the loss of the Rams starting LT discourage anyone. Noteboom might be better as a replacement

I mean this play for me is all bout rams dline vs Brady anyways but I didn’t love hearing bout it. If wittworth the top graded pass blocking tackle how this guy better??

I mean this play for me is all bout rams dline vs Brady anyways but I didn’t love hearing bout it. If wittworth the top graded pass blocking tackle how this guy better??
Whit is 40+ and on the tail end. Noteboom in my opinion is the best 6th lineman in the NFL and can plug in anywhere. He’ll be fine at LT

Whit is 40+ and on the tail end. Noteboom in my opinion is the best 6th lineman in the NFL and can plug in anywhere. He’ll be fine at LT

I know he old as fuck, way more impressive than what Brady doing! Makes me feel happy you high on his replacement.

I know he old as fuck, way more impressive than what Brady doing! Makes me feel happy you high on his replacement.
Yea. Noteboom was ready to replace Whit when they drafted him a few years ago. Butterflies are starting to kick in for these games. Love me some 13pt teasers

Yea. Noteboom was ready to replace Whit when they drafted him a few years ago. Butterflies are starting to kick in for these games. Love me some 13pt teasers

Lol. I’m so confident in a few I won’t be teasing. I’ll be going prop crazy but I’m also unloading on titans and rams. This is def a fantastic football weekend!!

I went ahead and took Rams +3 and +130. I think this is my fav play of the week now.

Only thing that scares me is they are a pretty public dog. One of the square books I have lists their most popular bets and have Rams ML at the top right now. Not very often they have a dog at the top. But Pinny leans slightly toward the Rams vs the market so that makes me feel better

I went ahead and took Rams +3 and +130. I think this is my fav play of the week now.

Only thing that scares me is they are a pretty public dog. One of the square books I have lists their most popular bets and have Rams ML at the top right now. Not very often they have a dog at the top. But Pinny leans slightly toward the Rams vs the market so that makes me feel better

Man, I never woulda thought that be the case but I guess recency bias is strong! Still pretty surprised the masses going against Brady. I wish rams woulda looked worse last week, lol.

Good info

Niners were a public dog the last 2 weeks prior to their GB matchup.

Brady will get enough of the 'publics' money.

Public dogs are a dead angle since the pandemic hit.

I Get What Your Sayin @2daBank I Just Love Numbers Like This. Brady Or No Brady, Rams Know They Play TB Well!

***McVay has faced Brady three times. In Super Bowl LIII at the end of the 2018 season, Brady completed 21 of 35 passes for 262 yards, with an interception, in the New England Patriots’ 13-3 victory over the Rams that gave Brady his sixth Super Bowl title.

But the Rams have not lost to Brady since he signed with the Buccaneers last season. In a 27-24 loss to the Rams in November 2020, Brady completed 26 of 48 passes for 216 yards and two touchdowns, with two interceptions. On Sept. 26 at SoFi Stadium, Brady completed 41 of 55 passes for 432 yards and a touchdown in a 34-24 defeat. He was sacked three times.***

Makes me like the bucs even more

Anyone find a sack prop on Brady/for LA? Don't see one posted on DK but dying to play an over. Beat up O line plus Brady is known for taking a sack in the pocket versus closing his eyes & chucking it, pay attention Jimmy.

Anyone find a sack prop on Brady/for LA? Don't see one posted on DK but dying to play an over. Beat up O line plus Brady is known for taking a sack in the pocket versus closing his eyes & chucking it, pay attention Jimmy.
I get a game total in the game prop section, nothing individual.

Is jenson or whirfs playing?

It don’t matter how old you get, these damn butterflies never go away. The older you get you would hope they’d go away. Concerns are the Rams will struggle run, therefore putting MS9 in more passing situations. Hoping Rams implement the screen game they used so well with Gurley.

Line has moved to -3 +100. Rams tt is now O/U 23.5 - took Over 22.5 earlier this week

I won’t pile on or repeat what has been already said, so I’ll just confirm that I’ve got Rams 1H, Rams full game at +3 and ML (for fun).

The Brady magic we’ve all known is coming to an end. He’s not even the biggest factor in this game imho. That Rams defense is positively terrifying and Brady (imho) has never fared well against an aggressive defense - it’s part and parcel why the Giants had success against them.

Plus, the Bucs are not remotely close to the Bucs of last year. Their D is just mediocre and while Stafford and his inconsistency concern me, I suspect that win against the Cards was a major confidence boost and allowed him to get the proverbial Mouse off his back (note: sorry folks, I didn’t realize that term could be considered offensive in this context. No harm meant). He also has established a much better rapport with his receivers.

Provided Shaun avoids his big brain f-ups and Stafford doesn’t get too cute, the Rams should win this outright. But then again, the guys in black and white always have a say…so you never know

Last edited:
Back