Rams to Move to LA

God Bless Stan Kroenke.

No way both the Chargers and Raiders are also moving to LA so this means San Antonio is in play for the Raiders.

God Bless Stan Kroenke.

No way both the Chargers and Raiders are also moving to LA so this means San Antonio is in play for the Raiders.

Really?

Interesting cat for sure. Doesn't speak to the media, period. Already wealthy, then he marries a fucking Walton. Also owns the Denver Nuggz and Aolly Avalanche, Premier League Arsenal(largest stake) but puts those in his kids names as the NFL forbids owners from owning different teams that aren't in the same city.......for reasons like this.

Also owns the winery Screaming Eagle. Anyone into wine knows that stauts.

Born in Mizzou and went to Mizzou. Feel bad for peeps in the Lou....

Shrewd wouldn't describe this guy well enough. Again, had his own thing going on to a degree and "fell" in love with a Walton.....saw his NW skyrocket.

Hey, guy is balling......I don't want to "hate". Just seems like a dick move. I know the NFL wanted a team there at all costs and Rams were in LA at one point.....just sucks.

Yeah that's exactly the first compliment I've ever heard regarding Kroenke and I was in Missouri when the Rams moved there. People still couldn't stand him.

And I heard yesterday that owner support for a potential Raiders move to SA was virtually nil, obviously money can change that but it would take a ton of changing...which is why apparently Davis was so pissed off tonight. They staying in Oaktown and he's not happy.

I think he is a dickhead but the only shot San Antonio has at getting a team is if the Raiders move here. Kroenke going full force into LA prevents the Chargers/Raiders venture imo and Davis is feed up w/ Oakland. San Antonio city leaders are discussing what they can to to make SA a destination for an MLB or MLS team and imo both those leagues will fail here. An NFL franchise would work with it only being 8 home games plus 2 preseason games...people here will buy season tickets for that. It's a football market, in fact San Antonio residents are Cowboy fans by a bigger % than even Dallas residents. We supported the hell out of the Saints for those 3 games and they were just awful that season.

So the Rams are going to play in STL in 2016? Awkward much?

No way in hell that happens. Rams will play in the Coliseum where USC plays while the news stadium gets built.

I hear the Chargers have the option of joining the Rams but are also getting an additional $100 million from the NFL for a new stadium in San Diego should they try to stay. The Raiders not a damn thing...Oakland didn't even submit a new stadium proposal.

Chargers have a full year to negotiate a joint stadium agreement if I read it correctly and Spanos is already in the process of negotiating

Disagree on MLS failing in SA, but I don't see that happening either.

Sorry mate, but SA will only have one pro market for now I think. It's a big city, but isn't the TV market fairly small?

Sorry mate, but SA will only have one pro market for now I think. It's a big city, but isn't the TV market fairly small?

TV markets dont matter for the NFL mate

Yes, somehow only around 30th to 32nd which is on par with the likes of Nashvile and Kansas City...2 NFL markets. It's a rapidly growing region and not sure they are capturing the tv audience here that watches Spanish speaking only stations (I could be wrong on that though).

I don't see MLS working here tbh...attendance for the NASl team has gone down every year after leading the league in attendance their first season. I really think a Mexican Liga team placed here would be better supported.

Someone needs to ask what the minimum ticket prices will be in the new facility. This could be a disaster for the NFL to rely on corporate America to be the fan base...they won't continue to pay for a bad product like the blue collar fan will. Todays decision will change the landscape of the NFL. I'm one who thinks the greed of the NFL will bite them in the ass. The NFL product as a whole has gotten worse. Replay, penalties, commercials, less offseason practices and contact, more concussions less regular season winning teams, bad playoff teams are all indications. Could be wrong but usually greed equals destruction.

Someone needs to ask what the minimum ticket prices will be in the new facility. This could be a disaster for the NFL to rely on corporate America to be the fan base...they won't continue to pay for a bad product like the blue collar fan will. Todays decision will change the landscape of the NFL. I'm one who thinks the greed of the NFL will bite them in the ass. The NFL product as a whole has gotten worse. Replay, penalties, commercials, less offseason practices and contact, more concussions less regular season winning teams, bad playoff teams are all indications. Could be wrong but usually greed equals destruction.

Of course they will continue to pay for a bad product. The tickets/boxes/suites to them are a write off and a business expense (that they use to entertain clients, give perks to employees, etc), why would the play on the field have any effect on that? The NFL has been relying on corporate America for quite some time now anyway, this isn't a new concept that's going to appear in LA.

Corporate America will continue it's support because they can write off the expense of tickets/suites.

Yes, somehow only around 30th to 32nd which is on par with the likes of Nashvile and Kansas City...2 NFL markets. It's a rapidly growing region and not sure they are capturing the tv audience here that watches Spanish speaking only stations (I could be wrong on that though).

I don't see MLS working here tbh...attendance for the NASl team has gone down every year after leading the league in attendance their first season. I really think a Mexican Liga team placed here would be better supported.

yeah but Nashville and KC are already there, I don't think the NFL would consider moving teams there either if they didn't have them now. I suspect that the Titans and Chiefs are supported by the entire states along with possibly border states as well. That clearly isn't going to happen in SA.

In terms of MLS, it looks like you might be right. Houston and Dallas are in the bottom half of the league in terms of % of the stadium filled. However, they both have the 5th and 6th biggest stadiums in the league. In any case, I suspect they want something that will sell out stadiums. It looks like soccer in Texas will not do that.

We're coming full circle. Rams back to LA where they belong. And next we'll hear the Texans are changing their names to The Oilers.

LOL I'm 40

The Chiefs were once the Dallas Texans, figured you might remember them

It sucks for Oakland that the mayor of Oakland Libby Schaaf refuses to help out to try and keep the Raiders in Oakland. The bitch has offered virtually nothing to help build a new stadium to replace the dump we have now. Davis is at fault too. He wants 120 acres of free land right next to the Coliseum to build a new stadium but he's not going to get it for free. He wants everything paid for without a cent coming out of his pocket.

The city of San Jose would be perfect for the Raiders. But the niners want the south bay market and don't want them to move down there. Too much fucking politics. And fuck you Mark Davis. You know damn well if the Chargers don't go to LA the Raiders will.

We're coming full circle. Rams back to LA where they belong. And next we'll hear the Texans are changing their names to The Oilers.

Full circle would actually have the Rams coming back to Cleveland. In typical Cleveland fashion, the Cleveland Rams won a title (well, that part's not typical Cleveland fashion), then bolted to L.A. the following season.

Fine with it given the Rams used to play there, as long as they leave Jeff Fisher behind they will be okay.

This is all part of the natural transition of Fisher to USC and Mora to the Rams in 2-3 years

My road trips now will be a 5 hour drive. Dodgers/Angels game Friday night. USC/UCLA Saturday and Rams on Sunday. It's a dream come true.

tumblr_n47d7f7uFv1rt5pgzo1_400.gif

2 teams in LA? Why? I get the TV market, but no one is gonna go, right?

why 2 football teams?
Why would no one go? 2 baseball teams, 2 basketball teams, 2 hockey teams, 2 soccer teams, 2 D1 programs. Think there's enough disposable income to go around...

The question is whether LA will be interested long enough to sustain a fan base that can afford the ticket prices and PSL'S they're about to get slapped with. The true fan base are blue collar workers who will get priced out.

The question is whether LA will be interested long enough to sustain a fan base that can afford the ticket prices and PSL'S they're about to get slapped with. The true fan base are blue collar workers who will get priced out.

If people can't afford the tickets they will lower the prices to where people buy them. Non issue.

Why did football in LA fail the last few times? Why won't history repeat itself?

LA never had a shiny new strictly football stadium to call their own. This thing is going to be packed all the time. Your choices before was either to watch the Rams play in a baseball stadium in Anaheim or to watch the Raiders play in South Central LA in a cavernous outdated LA Coliseum. This stadium is going to be state of the art and it will be a destination. The people of LA will eat this up.

Same shit happened here with the Cardinals, could only draw 30,000/game at Sun Devil, it was ridiculous how hot it was

Build state of the art facility with retractable roof, voila. Has sold out since. Granted the product got a ton better at a certain point, but that didn't happen for a couple years.

I thought the question was whether or not corporate America would support the team if they weren't good? Instead of replying to the feedback you've gotten you'd rather just change this mythical question. The NFL is not going to starve in LA, especially with a new stadium and all of the corporate money. Sounds like you're just bitter your team moved and you're looking for a reason for it to fail. As you mentioned earlier..."I may be wrong..." Yes.

Now it's very feasible that one of the teams could fail if the fans all gravitate to one team and not the other, it seems odd to force two new teams on one city at the same time, although at least the Rams have history.

I thought the question was whether or not corporate America would support the team if they weren't good? Instead of replying to the feedback you've gotten you'd rather just change this mythical question. The NFL is not going to starve in LA, especially with a new stadium and all of the corporate money. Sounds like you're just bitter your team moved and you're looking for a reason for it to fail. As you mentioned earlier..."I may be wrong..." Yes.

Lareux, you're 100% wrong. I live in California and haven't stopped celebrating since the announcement. Wake up brah

Lareux, you're 100% wrong. I live in California and haven't stopped celebrating since the announcement. Wake up brah

Oh, okay. Why so fucking negative in here then? You tried one reason it would fail, were told you were probably wrong, so you moved onto another black cloud question (probably also wrong). Why not just enjoy it if your team just came back to you city? Your reaction is very, very, very odd.

I guess I'll have to realize in the future that the tone of your posts is actually the opposite of your feelings and "wake up." Using that logic, you're secretly a huge Jeff Fisher fan and have a man crush on him....amirite?

Same shit happened here with the Cardinals, could only draw 30,000/game at Sun Devil, it was ridiculous how hot it was

Build state of the art facility with retractable roof, voila. Has sold out since. Granted the product got a ton better at a certain point, but that didn't happen for a couple years.

That stadium was awesome as was the neighboring Westgate area

If people can't afford the tickets they will lower the prices to where people buy them. Non issue.

Hilarious. Non issue? When was the last time you've seen ticket prices lowered especially in a major market? Non issue only for those that won't be affected.

Back