Ramble's NCAA Week 1

RambleOn

The Law of Winning
NCAA: 0-0

Time for football again. Don't really think I posted my plays on a consistent basis last year, but I think I'll try to do it this year. Have been extra excited about this season than any of the last couple of years, and this has been bolstered by the WEALTH of information that has been posted here over the summer and into the fledgling season. I'm not going to write anything detailed, but will give short reasons for my plays. Everything has been said about these plays as is.

LSU -17 (8 units) (W)- Jesus fucking Christ is all I can say. I don't care what the final score is, I have to hammer this play because of the value. LSU kills State every year (avg 35 pts or so), and State is going to be at the bottom of the SEC again this year. I'm sure State is going to be going all out on this one, but at less than 3 TD's, this is a no-brainer.

Cal -6 (3 units) - Yes, Tenn bitch slapped Cal last year. However, Cal has Dorsett, and an offense that is going to score over 30 ppg this year.....again. Add to that the fact that Tenn beat Cal in last year's season opener, Tenn's running back is out, Ainge's knee is questionable, and Tenn's secondary is young and inexperienced, and I've gotta believe Cal wins this one by at least 10.

Mizzou -4 (2 units) (W) - love the fact that the line has dropped on this one - Mizzou is getting no respect. All I have to say is Chase Daniels v. 2-10 last year. Yes, Illinois has a good rushing game, but Mizzou should win their division and I can't see them slipping up on an Illinois team that is being hyped, but that hasn't proven ANYTHING to me yet. Mizzou's Defense is questionable here, so I can see why some love the OVER. I just can't back a high scoring affair here for some reason. I'm pretty sure Mizzou wins this by 14+.

Texas -22 1st H (2 units): This line is currently -21.5 (-115) at bookmaker, and I assume that it will hit 22 at -110 by tomorrow, so I will just post it now. Texas should be up by 30 or so first half, so me getting over a TD to spare is super.

Texas -39 (2 units) - Same deal here, I think Texas wins by 45+.

FSU -3 (1 unit) - Probably not the safest bet, considering Clemson owns them. I'm high on FSU this year, and considered laying off until the second game home opener. I just think the 'Noles get a W here, that's all.

Troy +24 (.5 units) - This is way too many points to give a team with a good offense and a great defense, especially when they have played so well on the road in the past. Troy's defense should do a good job in stopping the terrrible trio out of Arky's backfield, and I gotta think Troy scores at least 14 here. So 27-14 and I'm all over it.

LSU -12 (W)/Texas -34 (pending) (4 units)

Washington @ Syracuse UNDER 45 (.5 units) (L)

This is my final card. Will be back to cry or gloat later.

:shake:

Last edited:
LSU -18 (7 units) - Jesus fucking Christ is all I can say. I don't care what the final score is, I have to hammer this play because of the value. LSU kills State every year (avg 35 pts or so), and State is going to be at the bottom of the SEC again this year. I'm sure State is going to be going all out on this one, but at less than 3 TD's, this is a no-brainer.

well said, ramble... this bet should be a nice gift to kick the weekend off early

:cheers:

Ramble...BOL this college season...LSU is my big one to start off the year too!!

:cheers:

Last edited:
LOVE the Tigers, Ramble!!!

This is my week 1 play of the week!!!

I'd lean maybe towards MSU 1h as I'm sure the team is playing for Big Syl, but LSU has too much talent and should walk away with this. Too much is being said about Matt Flynn's inexperience. MSU doesn't have the backs to keep up with Tiger WR's.

LOVE THIS GAME!!! Miles is out to send a message this week.

Ramble-
Love my Tigers and FSU-
May have to go the other way and take the points with TENN, although I like your rationale

Restructured my units a little bit, this is going to be easier, and.....

Adding:

Texas -22 1st H (2 units): This line is currently -21.5 (-115) at bookmaker, and I assume that it will hit 22 at -110 by tomorrow, so I will just post it now. Texas should be up by 30 or so first half, so me getting over a TD to spare is super.

BOL RambleOn :cheers:

Loving the LSU bet. And it seems everybody else does too. Lets cash it my friend. And lets hope on a very profitable season for you. :shake:

LSU is now at 8 units for me. Biggest bet I have made in college football, and I will still stand behind my decision even if they don't cover. :shake:

Solid looking card Ramble, a lot of the same plays. Saw you stopped MLB as well but that was a good system for sure. GL this season bro.

Wanted to add more to LSU, but the line moved on me, so I did this:

2 team teaser:

LSU -12.5/Texas -34 (4 units to win 3.2)

I just couldn't help myself.

haha i won too but theres no way you were thinking this was easy in the first quarter hahaha....i knew they had to open it up at some point though good work

Troy Sad to say, but I did. I saw how LSU's D was playing a knew that 17 wasn't going to be hard to cover. Never in doubt.

Added a unit to Cal, making it a 4 unit play. Love the fact that Ainge's finger is wrapped for the game.

Tennesee might suprise again, but I think Cal is solid, just not sure they are a physical as a hard hitting SEC team...Fulmer is 14-1 on opening day.

Troutman I understand all of that, but you gotta think about the emotional factor. Cal has had this game cirlced since last year! Look at what happened with App St and Michigan - the most talented or hardest hitting doesn't always win. You give me +10 with Tenny, I would probably take 'em. But anything less than a TD, the value is with Cal, IMO. :shake:

Well, looks like I am going to lose around 10 units on the Texas game - sickening to think about. Chasing a little here I guess, but I think this is solid.

USC 1st H -28

Back