Question for B.A.R.????????????????

dclark

Pretty much a regular
BAR

Give me your assessment on the Vandy @ Michigan game -25.5. I sure would appreciate it!!!!

I expect Vandy without the leadership of Culter, Vandy will be intimated going into the big house and will completely be dominated by 4 or more TD's. Do you agree?

:cheers:

LOL - nah I'm curious too...

Dclark - can you give us a bit more indepth on Vandy? I think I have Michigan down pretty well - but I'm not confident with Vandy....

Clark,

I will give you my thoughts in a bit tonight. I have a play on that game and will explain how I think the game will go as well. I am sure that Hunt will proveide information as well. Back about 30 minutes.

Don't be shocked. I usually play against UM more than on if anything. I hit N. Illy, Wisconsin and NU huge last year against them. I won't play every game they play.

The best times to take UM are when they are dogs. They are great in these roles. Iowa and Michigan St come to mind from last season.

The OOC games for UM are predictable each year. Maybe a slight twist this season, we'll see.

B.A.R. said:
Don't be shocked. I usually play against UM more than on if anything. I hit N. Illy, Wisconsin and NU huge last year against them. I won't play every game they play.

The best times to take UM are when they are dogs. They are great in these roles. Iowa and Michigan St come to mind from last season.

The OOC games for UM are predictable each year. Maybe a slight twist this season, we'll see.

I wasn't calling you a homer. I've got it capped pretty close to the line, just thought you'd play UM in that spot.

Looks like you've already got UM with a SU win at Notre Dame. As a dog, that should be the only spot other than tOSU, right?

Yeah. Unless PSU comes out strong w/Morelli. That night game at Happy Valley will be any where from -2 to +3 for UM.

You can call me a homer..lol..its okay. I root for my teams.

My early line was 21.5. I think that Betmill had something like 30 as an opener. At this time I think its set about right for this game.

Okay Clark, I put this in my plays thread for sept 2..but will copy over..

Michigan Vs Vanderbilt Okay, lets get a lil Meeeechigan talk into the thread. Hell, it should dominate the thread(lol).

What pisses me off about Michigan off and on since Nattie Championship of 1997?

-Off and on poor coaching
-Kickers at times
-Lack of speed
-Conservative

Well, its a new fall(again) in Ann Arbor and its time to see if UM really is a changed team. I believe they are and i think they and Michigan State will suprise and place 2 outta top 3 in the conference(that being 1 and 3).

Here's what I like about Michigan offense a lot this year:

-Chad Henne took a lot of blame last year but to me it was more of a sophomore slump and high expectations than anything. This kid is a damn good QB. He had Braylon in year one to help him along and he learned last year to use other weapons as well
-The running backs are as deep as any in the country. Mike Hart, if healthy, is a beast. Sophomore Kevin Grady is a super talent who matured with some important carries in big games last year. The X-factor is Carlos Brown. He brings that dimension that we need. SPEED. He, unlike the first two, can break huge plays. If Carr uses Hart wisely and mixes in Grady/Brown the Wolves will have a lethal trio IMO. Jerome Jackson isn't too bad himself.
-Stevie Breaston. IF, and this is a big if, he can stay healthy, he will have a dynamite year. I think he has the potential for a mini-Desomd Howard year. Encompassing returns, runs and catches into huge plays. Ask Texas and Nebraska how scary this guy is. He had unreal bowls against both.
-Manningham, Arrington and the TE's provide very good threats as well.

This group is gonna be very good IMO. The x-factor here is Mike Debord is back as OC(he was here 97-99..pretty good run around here). I think the offense opens up a bit more. Its the hope at least. If not, Uncle Llyod may be a goner even though his pre-season press release contradicts that.

Why I like the Michigan Defense this season:

-Eight starters back
-PPG improved from 24 to 20 from '04 to '05
-The defensive backfield should be very good
-A bit more speed, need this to counterattack a certain QB in Columbus.
-New coordinater Ron English has the defensive players attacking more.

The defense had to improve. Speedy QB's are killing them and frankly UM was behind the times as far as recruiting speed. If you don't have a lot of speed, then the system must differ somewhat. English brings that. I think you will see a more old style UM defense this year. That being, one that can win games

My Vanderbilt-UM prediction

First of all, Vandy is gonna struggle this season. Thats obvious. Me and Hunt would like to thank the Dores for the money they made us early last season. This game will be over early and the final score will be the only interest after halftime.

A typical UM game in OOC schedule is a strong start and a non-cover late against shit schools it seems. Last year, Northern Illy got the backdoor late(pags..you member).

I see this UM team flying out of the gate on Sept 2. They will score early and often and field position will lead to some short drives. I expect them to be up by a score of about 31-3 at halftime. Typically, Carr likes to go easy in a second half. Thats why I do not chalk it up with UM against patsie's. Lets say UM 41-16 final(lol)

The play

Michigan 1st Half -13.5 -110

1 unit

Yes. I decided no wild betting in football this year until bowls(lol)

I remember last year, I was like 19-20-1 and up 2500 after a month. Up, down and all around. I'll play about 10-20 percent of my plays two units. First week, I'll get a feel.

I second BAR's assessment.

UM will throw some play-action long balls in the first half to both breaston and manningham and be relatively aggressive on offense for the first half as a whole. Also look for them to use the tight end more often this year. Vandy is going to struggle on O and I would not want to be kicking to Mr. Breaston in a short field. Hart will be out to prove something early as will Grady. I see a 27-7 first half lead for UM.

I love the first half...second half, ehh not really..Lloyd gets conservative like BAR said and he will be extremly vanilla on both sides of the ball due to the fact their next biggest game will be ND...UM is always vanilla with weaker competition in the opener. Also look for a lot of freshmen to get playing time in the second half.

UM will have a great special teams this year...Rivas is solid and Ryan or Mesko are good punters. Also, having Manningham and Breaston return kicks is a luxury.

Just wanted to let you know there will be great spots to fade UM this year namely against MSU.

:cheers:

Thanks guys for all your imput. I think that the play of the day will be Michigan 1st half.

Fondy,

I see this Vandy squad winning only 3 games if they are lucky. Last year they came real close to going bowling for the 4th time in school history, however it was only because of the grit of Jay Cutler. This team this year has to start all over with a new QB, the running game is not impressive at all, due to the OL, Garrison and Jennings barely ran for 1,000 yards combined last season. They do have a talented WR in Earl Bennett, who led the team in receptions last year with 79. The real problem I see this year is the DL, they have 3 starter back, however the DL only had 13 sacks last year and gave up 4.8 yards per rush. This is where Michigan will totally dominate Vandy. Michigan likes to run and Henne will have no pressure and pick this team apart. Vandy should beat Tennessee State, Temple and Duke. I hope I have given you some good info on Vandy.

:shake:

all I know is that Vandy has two skill position guys hurt and QB Kovalcheck has missed some fall practices due to graduate class orientation...

Back