Quarterbacks under 28

guaranteeed

Pretty much a regular
How would you rank these guys by who you would want as your QB to be starting in say 2 or 3 years, so that Wentz and goff (maybe Lynch) are what they are at that point

Also assume health not an issue and teddy, mariota, Carr etc. all heal up

All are 28 or under, dont have to do all maybe just top 10 at least

If I missed someone who should be here let me know

Bortles
Bridgewater
Carr
Cousins
Dak
Goff
Luck
Lynch
Mariota
Stafford
Siemien
Tannehill
Tyrod
Wilson
Winston
Wentz

Think its an interesting group and after top group I think its wide open depending on preference so wanted to see what different people think

1. Mariota
2. Carr
3. Winston
4. Luck
5. Wilson
6. Cousins
7. stafford
8. wentz
9. dak
10. tannehill

Last edited by a moderator:
Luck
Wilson
Mariota
Jameis
Dak
Carr
Wentz
Cousins (still think that his career comes back down to earth and he ends up being average)
Stafford
Tannehill (although with Gase he may be tapping into his potential and rise on this list)
Tyrod
Siemian
Goff
Lynch (I literally see nothing special in this guy)

Interesting food for thought, I would want Jimmy G ahead of many of them though

1. Luck
2. Mariotta
3. Carr
4. Wentz
5. Garappolo
6. Wilson
7. Jameis
8. Cousins
9. Stafford
10. Goff (just because who knows)

Obviously this is all subjective to the OL and then the skill guys around them, but that's what a rough sketch would look like I guess.

What has Wentz or Goff done to justify being mentioned but Garappolo is left off ?

Edit - Thanks KJ for mentioning him.

Russ is great for certain systems, not for others. Makes tons of errors but if your O-line is weak he'll keep plays alive. I don't think 6 is low fwiw.

Russ is great for certain systems, not for others. Makes tons of errors but if your O-line is weak he'll keep plays alive. I don't think 6 is low fwiw.

It's low for a guy that has already started in 2 Super Bowls.

Goff and Wentz combined unlikely to top that.

I also think Dak is great for Dallas right now and has a great head on his shoulders, but 2-3 years from now who knows? So situational.

It's low for a guy that has already started in 2 Super Bowls.

Goff and Wentz combined unlikely to top that.

wrong, wentz is going to win at least 5

but for real, I completely get that KJ, but you have Garappolo ahead of him??

Too bad well never know if you are right about that bc hes gonna go to Cleveland and his career will be over

I also like how a former Pro Bowler with a career 56 TD to 27 INT ratio wasn't included on this list despite only being 27.

Kj Is just trying to skip bayless his way in here lol
by putting garrapollo ahead of wilson
oh yeah and goff in the 10

Kj Is just trying to skip bayless his way in here lol
by putting garrapollo ahead of wilson
oh yeah and goff in the 10

the rest of his list was good and his final comment is the most accurate thing said here. I think Goff sucks but he was recently a number 1 pick, but the garappolo over Wilson I don't get

Wentz being in the top 5 from that list is fucking hilarious. I thought this was the site where everyone knew their shit? How in the holy hell can Wentz be ahead of more than a few guys on that list? Was this thread started in Week 2 or something?

Wentz being in the top 5 from that list is fucking hilarious. I thought this was the site where everyone knew their shit? How in the holy hell can Wentz be ahead of more than a few guys on that list? Was this thread started in Week 2 or something?

because the people in this thread actually watch football and know that wentz' numbers only went down because his star lineman got hurt and he had absolutely zero weapons. Not a qb on this list could have done well with that situation this year, the fact that he did what he did is amazing. He showed lots of poise, lots of smarts, footwork, and of course, a good arm. has to get rid of his tendency to airmail, but that's really it and that can be worked on.

im sure you are going to come back with a reason why you are right and the rest of the forum is wrong, but keep in mind I have watched every single snap the kid took all year. He's legit.

Seriously dwoww stop trying to be Todd mcshay or Trent differ :tiphat:

I thought u agreed with mcshay that Mitch leidner is a 1st rd qb lol

lol not at all. barely knew who he was. I don't judge dudes til I actually watch them and I knew nothing of Leidner when he tweeted that, which was insane. And its a hobby dude, relax, im not claiming im great. Just ask J-Galt. Sadly he was right against me on both Foles and RG3

because the people in this thread actually watch football and know that wentz' numbers only went down because his star lineman got hurt and he had absolutely zero weapons. Not a qb on this list could have done well with that situation this year, the fact that he did what he did is amazing. He showed lots of poise, lots of smarts, footwork, and of course, a good arm. has to get rid of his tendency to airmail, but that's really it and that can be worked on.

im sure you are going to come back with a reason why you are right and the rest of the forum is wrong, but keep in mind I have watched every single snap the kid took all year. He's legit.

Sure, or he actually played defenses not named the Browns and Bears. And then they got more tape on him and he became even less effective.

Either way, how in the hell would he be above Luck, Carr, Wilson, Mariota, Winston, probably Cousins, probably Stafford, possibly Dak, even possibly Bortles? Even if he's above a few of those guys he's nowhere near the top 5 ffs. Let's see him do it (whatever you wanna call "it") for more than a few games when no one had a game plan to stop him. How many guys have we seen look good for a year, let alone a few weeks, and turn out to be nothing more than a flash in the pan?

It's okay, I know you're an Eagles fan and take this to heart, but at some point the fan glasses have to be put away. Also know why KJ put him on the list where he did, so no surprise there either. If he makes anyone else's top 5 I'd be quite shocked.

The question is 2-3 years from now, how dramatic you people are.

Right. Are the guys ahead of him going to fall off a cliff in 2-3 years? They are ALL under 28 on the list. Luck, Carr, Wilson, Jameis, Marcus, Dak, Stafford, Cousins....all better than Wentz, most of them by a helluva lot.

I watched about 80% of the wentz snaps and I'm lukewarm at best, I don't think his mechanics are great nor his release that quick and I think his decision making is ok as of now...throw the ball away sometimes...but I'm willing to wait and see as the skill guys are all 100% terrible including j Matthews who I believe is trash....

1. cam
2. Wilson
3. Luck
4. Mariota
5. Jameis
6. Carr

4 through 6 could be 1-3 in some order at some point...

forgetting CAM is why I said add if I missed because I knew there would be someone

Jimmy G probably too, although with him I would worry its basically Cassel 2.0 so I wouldnt have him ahead of a lot of guys

I am still thinking about guys further down but for me there's a top 4

Luck
Carr
Wilson
Cam

and then I think its a drop to the next group of a few guys

I also think once he gets a team around him there's a good chance it's a big drop after Luck to those next 3 guys

in terms of the rookies, obviously Dak goes higher in the draft, but wouldn't teams still rather have Goff or Wentz?

All Dak has shown so far is in the perfect scenario he won't fuck things up, to me his floor is the highest because of that but who know's ceiling or likelihood of it

Lynch too I forgot

Just curious teeed, was this meant to be who you want to win you a championship in the next 3 years or who you like as the potential face of your franchise for years to come? I see no need for some of them for my team, don't think they'd work well here. And I see some as potential superstars for a decade plus, especially given what the franchise seems to want to do philosophically. Obviously gonna whiff a bit too, but this is about projection and not accomplishment I think.

Interesting opinions, and yes I think Wentz could be very, very good especially with the right personnel, and Garoppolo as well, and for years. And I hate having to face Wilson twice a year, certainly wouldn't be my first pick for here.

And I agree, it's Luck then everyone else although I do like Carr a lot. Be crazy if Indy entertained a trade for him to see what kind of haul they'd get.

starting QB in 2-3 years I said so basically franchise QB which is why I kept it to guys under 28

assuming they were healthy and could be the guy for the next 5+ years

in terms of the rookies, obviously Dak goes higher in the draft, but wouldn't teams still rather have Goff or Wentz?

No. Wentz maybe but Goff hell no.

And it's laughable to have Carr ahead of a league MVP in Cam. If every player in the NFL became a FA tomorrow their isn't a single franchise that wouldn't pick Cam over Carr.

No. Wentz maybe but Goff hell no.

And it's laughable to have Carr ahead of a league MVP in Cam. If every player in the NFL became a FA tomorrow their isn't a single franchise that wouldn't pick Cam over Carr.

I wasn't ranking them, I just had that as the top 4

but I think its crazy to think every team would take Cam over Carr

also the MVP thing doesnt mean shit, if Carr doesn't break his leg last week he finishes top 3 in MVP voting and a bunch of places I saw like Peter King had him as the leader

Um Cam over Carr? No thanks.

It would be interesting to see an honest GM poll (haha) as to what they'd think between those two, guessing runaway for Carr

the Jimmy G thing to me is interesting, like I said he could be a Cassel and I would be worried about anything coming out of NE and the Bellichek bubble because in the past they (Cassel, the coaches) have failed

say for example the Bills cut Tyrod loose rather than paying, and Washington doesnt Franchise Cousins and he's an FA. The Jets, Browns, 49ers, Jags, Bears definitely need a QB. Also the Redskins and Bills would too assuming the above happens

plus you have the Texans and Broncos with win now teams everywhere outside the QB position too

Jimmy, Cousins, Tyrod are the clear long term top 3. Romo is there too

plus Bortles, Cutler, Harvard and the rest of the lesser options

I would guess the first 3 are only options for the first group, and Romo only makes sense for a win now team

But I wonder who those teams who want a long term QB would want

I would go Cousins/Tyrod/Jimmy but I would say Jimmy's ceiling is probably highest, but so is his Cassel potential

I do think Cam has evolved as a face of the team guy, much more than I thought. Seems into the community and matured to a degree (the tie thing was odd), I'm just not sold that he's a big time football first guy.

I'm also under the assumption that Carson Palmer will likely hang it up after this year and if so, what direction does my team go

Back