qbs

Yeah, kinda weird no mention of him.

Barring injury he will be great(even moreso) this year.

No homer, but love Gardner to have a helluva year barring the same circumstances.

The question was who are sleepers that will have breakout seasons. I hardly think one could classify Braxton Miller as a "sleeper."

Conference USA has some really good QBs that fly under that radar a bit.

Cato- 70%, 4,201 yards, 37 td, 11 int

Carden- 66%, 3,116 yards, 23 td, 10 int

Heinicke (in FCS) 69%, 5,076 yards, 44 td, 14 int, 470 yards rushing, 11 rushing td.

The question was who are sleepers that will have breakout seasons. I hardly think one could classify Braxton Miller as a "sleeper."

What qbs do you guys expect to have breakout years? Who are some of your sleepers?

Who falls? Who gains? Why?

Conference USA has some really good QBs that fly under that radar a bit.

Cato- 70%, 4,201 yards, 37 td, 11 int

Carden- 66%, 3,116 yards, 23 td, 10 int

Heinicke (in FCS) 69%, 5,076 yards, 44 td, 14 int, 470 yards rushing, 11 rushing td.

As others have said in this thread, Conference USA should be exciting offensively and very good for over bettors.

:shake:

Breakouts (a few of these just keeping it up as opposed to breaking out):

Bridgewater LOU - think he can win the Heisman this year which isn't exactly going out on a limb
Miller tOSU
Hundley UCLA - had a great freshman year, looking forward to see what he can do as a sophomore
McCarron ALA - probably not too hard when you have the team around him he does, but he's as steady as anyone has ever seen in college
Lynch NIU

Takes a step back:

Manziel TAMU
Mariota ORE - maybe see a little step back due to Chip leaving, I hope not but it may be inevitable
Boyd CLEM - no good reason here, just have a feeling he isn't as productive....interceptions may plague him this yr

Bridgewater LOU - think he can win the Heisman this year which isn't exactly going out on a limb
Miller tOSU
Hundley UCLA - had a great freshman year, looking forward to see what he can do as a sophomore
McCarron ALA - probably not too hard when you have the team around him he does, but he's as steady as anyone has ever seen in college
Lynch NIU

Takes a step back:

Manziel TAMU
Mariota ORE - maybe see a little step back due to Chip leaving, I hope not but it may be inevitable
Boyd CLEM - no good reason here, just have a feeling he isn't as productive....interceptions may plague him this yr

why would he be plagued by INT's in his Sr. season? he has never been plagued by INT's in the past 2 seasons.. 69 td's to 25 int's..
basically one INT every 40 attempts his soph n jr yr combined..

Miller tOSU
Lynch NIU

Takes a step back:

Manziel TAMU

Disagree with everything here. I suppose your logic on Manziel stepping back is his partying catches up with him but he was doing the exact same thing last year and balled out. Mariota is a stud and should only get better in year 2 despite Chip not being there. People were saying the Ducks would take a step back when Chip took over and they flourished.

As for the Boyd thing I have no idea where that comes from other than just somehow convincing yourself he takes a step back despite all evidence to the contrary. Interceptions have never been a problem with him, his #1 receiver Sammy looks like he is poised to round back into his Frosh season form and not too mention Boyd knows a big year from him and he could be looking at a high pick come next April

Disagree with everything here. I suppose your logic on Manziel stepping back is his partying catches up with him but he was doing the exact same thing last year and balled out. Mariota is a stud and should only get better in year 2 despite Chip not being there. People were saying the Ducks would take a step back when Chip took over and they flourished.

As for the Boyd thing I have no idea where that comes from other than just somehow convincing yourself he takes a step back despite all evidence to the contrary. Interceptions have never been a problem with him, his #1 receiver Sammy looks like he is poised to round back into his Frosh season form and not too mention Boyd knows a big year from him and he could be looking at a high pick come next April

Yeah Cap, did you read what I wrote? "No good reason, just have a feeling that he takes a step back." I knew it wouldn't be a popular pick, call it my sleepers to step back.

fwiw Manziel was NOT doing the same thing last year. He won the Heisman and has been on the "world tour" this offseason. Not the same thing as partying nightly like a college kid may do.

also just because I think they take a step back doesn't mean I think they will suck, or anything close. Those guys had some gaudy numbers, it wouldn't take much for them to take a step back. Jeez.

why would he be plagued by INT's in his Sr. season? he has never been plagued by INT's in the past 2 seasons.. 69 td's to 25 int's..

I'm not sure my shadow. Just a feeling that he will step back a little bit. Read the whole thing next time instead of one sentence.

So then why even post something like that with no logic to support it just cause you have a "gut feeling"

So then why even post something like that with no logic to support it just cause you have a "gut feeling"

Sorry, I guess I didn't know the rules. I will remove him from the list. I did qualify it though, not sure how you didn't see that. And again, Boyd taking a step back doesn't mean he's going to suck.

:shake:

It just seems weird to include Boyd like that. Even tho I disagree with Johnny F and Mariota, at least you have some reasons to believe they regress. With Boyd there is nothing. Just seems strange is all

But where did you qualify it at? By saying you had no good reason to put him on the list?

Well, precisely.

I know it's not a good reason at all. I just think he takes a step back. And, again (3rd time now), just because I think he takes a step back doesn't mean I think he sucks. Maybe I should have just said I don't think Boyd puts up the gaudy #s that he did last year. Would that make it better? Seriously, I'm not saying this guy is going to fall off the face of the Earth and not be drafted or something....just think he doesn't do what he did last year.

I understand (3rd time now) that you don't think he's gonna fall off the face of the earth. You think he's gonna regress. I get it. It just seems weird to pick him of all QB's when all evidence is he could be in for his best season yet.

I agree Johnny football and a&m will take a step back. New OC, 3 new starting wr, oline lost 2 starters, an all tha off field shit going around manziel, and bein tha 1st freshman to win tha heisman. I can't see 3700 passin yards 25 tds and 1400 rush yards and 21 tds. I might be against em 1st 3 weeks of tha season

Dude why do you get so defensive all the time lol

I'm sorry, not trying to be a dick, just explaining myself. Felt like I was getting attacked though by back to back posters. How would you react?

Anytime someone disagrees with u say, did u read my post fully?
Getting old

Lol if this is "attacking"

I'm sorry, not trying to be a dick, just explaining myself. Felt like I was getting attacked though by back to back posters. How would you react?

Umm I don't think I'd go the route of questioning someone's reading ability

I agree Johnny football and a&m will take a step back. New OC, 3 new starting wr, oline lost 2 starters, an all tha off field shit going around manziel, and bein tha 1st freshman to win tha heisman. I can't see 3700 passin yards 25 tds and 1400 rush yards and 21 tds. I might be against em 1st 3 weeks of tha season

Swope loss gonna sting. Soooooooo underrated

Here are six quarterbacks who should have good seasons (listed in ABC order):
Derek Carr, Fresno State;
Cody Fajardo, Nevada;
David Fales, San Jose State;
Jeff Mathews, Cornell;
Brett Smith, Wyoming and
Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech.

The MWC is loaded with QB's this year, like the 4 you mentioned and another one to watch out for is Utah St.'s Chuckie Keeton. We will see how he does with a new coach though. Could be a year for overs in the MWC.

Keeton is really, really good but his receiving corps looks even worse than last year and they sucked last year.

Vad Lee baby! GT going 10-1

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/vad_lee_756484.html

[TABLE="class: bio-table, width: 430"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD] [TABLE="width: 430"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD] [TABLE="width: 430"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="width: 105, align: left"]
8984667.jpeg
[/TD]
[TD="width: 321"] [TABLE="width: 321"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: player-number"]2[/TD]
[TD="class: player-name, width: 95%"] Vad Lee[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TABLE="width: 321"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [TABLE="width: 160"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Class:
RS Sophomore
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Hometown:
Durham, N.C.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]High School:
Hillside HS
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TD] [TABLE="width: 160"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Height / Weight:
6-2 / 215
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Position:
QB
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Birthdate:
04/27/1993
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

A talented, dual-threat quarterback who showed great potential in 2012 as a redshirt freshman... will compete for the starting quarterback job vacated by Tevin Washington... earned great experience last season and was instrumental in helping Tech turn things around at mid-season... averages 5.67 yards per rushing attempt, which trails only Miami's Duke Johnson and FSU's James Wilder for the highest average among active ACC players... redshirted as a true freshman in 2011 but remained with the second or third team offensive unit in practice... came to Georgia Tech after a remarkable prep career in North Carolina... a member of the 2012-13 Georgia Tech Student-Athlete Advisory Board... has emerged as a leader and plays with emotion... extremely active in the community, visiting children's hospitals in the area frequently.
2012 (redshirt freshman): Played in 12 games and playing time increased as the season progressed... rushed 96 times for 544 yards (5.7 yards per attempt)... his nine rushing touchdowns ranked second on the team... completed 27-of-56 pass attempts for 596 yards, four touchdowns and three interceptions... had a solid pass efficiency rating of 150.47... ranked second on the team in total offense with 1,140 yards... had 18 offensive plays of 20-plus yards (8 rushing, 10 passing)... saw first collegiate action vs. Presbyterian (Sept. 8)... rushed eight times for 101 yards and one touchdown, and completed an 82-yard pass for a TD against the Blue Hose... rushed for 59 yards and two touchdowns in the win over Virginia (Sept. 15)... rushed for 62 yards and a touchdown and passed for 89 yards and a TD vs. Boston College (Oct. 20)... carried 12 times for 60 yards and two touchdowns at Maryland (Nov. 3)... was instrumental in Tech's 68-50 win at North Carolina (Nov. 10)... rushed (112 yards) and passed (169 yards) for more than 100 yards, ran for two TDs and passed for another against the Tar Heels... carried 10 times for 52 yards and passed for a touchdown against USC in the Hyundai Sun Bowl (Dec. 31).
2011 (true freshman): Redshirted... was on the travel roster throughout the season.
High School: Hillside HS... earned four varsity letters and served three years as a team captain... played for coach Antonio King... led Hillside to the North Carolina state championship... rushed for 1,300 yards and passed for 3,223 in 2010... rushed for five touchdowns in one game with Paul Johnson watching from the stands... career numbers: more than 5,000 passing yards, 1,960 rushing yards, 1,024 receiving yards and 85 touchdowns responsible for... led Hillside to a perfect 16-0 record... the Pac-6 Conference Player of the Year... the AP North Carolina state Player of the Year... first team all-state... played in the North Carolina-South Carolina Shrine Bowl Game...was MVP of the Offensive-Defensive Bowl... an ESPNU/Scouts Inc. four-star recruit... threw three TD passes and for 264 yards in the state championship game, earning MVP honors... played wide receiver as a sophomore, producing 1,124 receiving yards and nine touchdowns.
Personal: Full name is Lavaedeay Montique Lee... parents are Walter Foster and Katrina Reid... has one sibling -- Dominique Sutton... Dominique played basketball at Kansas State and this past season for North Carolina Central... born April 27, 1993 in Durham, N.C... began playing football at age six... wore jersey No. 2 in high school... a management major.
Career Highs
Pass Attempts: 12 at Georgia, Nov. 24, 2012
Pass Completions: 10 at UNC, Nov. 10, 2012
Yards Passing: 169 at UNC, Nov. 10, 2012
Passing Touchdowns: 1, four times
Long Pass: 82 vs. Presbyterian, Sept. 8, 2012
Rushing Attempts: 23 at UNC, Nov. 10, 2012
Yards Rushing: 112 at UNC, Nov. 10, 2012
TD Rushing: 2, three times
Long Rush: 79 vs. Presbyterian, Sept. 8, 2012
Total Offense Yards: 281 at UNC, Nov. 10, 2012

I will keep it on the dl. I have to laugh when I see punsters putting them 4th in coastal. wtf. Sheet even Vegas has their victory total over/under 9

Back