qbs

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
What qbs do you guys expect to have breakout years? Who are some of your sleepers?

Who falls? Who gains? Why?

Pretty sure Brett Hundley is the best NFL prospect in the country but I'm biased. Dude really is the prototype physically with a great head on his shoulders.

Should beast this year. Second year with Mazzone & Alosi. Oline and WR units will be improved and RB is a bit of a question mark so the offense is completey on Hundley's shoulders.

Florida's Jeff Driskel. Driskel has tons of potential, and this is the second season that he and Brent Pease have worked together. All the stars are in alignment for Driskel to have a big season.

the more i watch taylor kelly the more i like him. and i love todd graham's system.

obviously jameis winston has my full attention. he might have it all.

also saw a little of pitt's spring game and savage/voytik will definitely be an upgrade over sunseri.

i honked for bridgewater for heisman in september and no one at espn listened hahaha. hope he gets his due this year.

Agree on Kelly from ASU. Guy is going to put up huge numbers.
not a.fan of the Boise QB southwick at all.
Will add more later

What qbs do you guys expect to have breakout years? Who are some of your sleepers?

Who falls? Who gains? Why?

Here are six quarterbacks who should have good seasons (listed in ABC order):
Derek Carr, Fresno State;
Cody Fajardo, Nevada;
David Fales, San Jose State;
Jeff Mathews, Cornell;
Brett Smith, Wyoming and
Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech.

obviously jameis winston has my full attention. he might have it all.

I absolutely agree on Jameis Winston. I've seem him play a couple of times, and he is a monster. He not only has 1st round potential, he has the #1 overall pick potential. With the talent he has around him, he certainly has the potential to have a big true freshman season. I'll be all over the Seminoles in their opening season game against Pitt.

Love Derek Carr, that's a good one. Fales has a helluva WR corp too...good shit son.

Driskell I have thought will make big strides...

I think Winston will be good down the road, but can't count on him yet..jmo.

Kelly is a heady player, watched him a lot, not the greatest arm strength but runs the up tempo to a t and makes efficient quick decisions.

I'm a big Hundley fan...UCLA tt should be money.

VK would pick a miner.

I personally like Pachall at TCU. I expect a big year for that kid.

Good shit fellas, keep em coming.

Love Derek Carr, that's a good one. Fales has a helluva WR corp too...good shit son.

Driskell I have thought will make big strides...

I think Winston will be good down the road, but can't count on him yet..jmo.

Kelly is a heady player, watched him a lot, not the greatest arm strength but runs the up tempo to a t and makes efficient quick decisions.

I'm a big Hundley fan...UCLA tt should be money.

VK would pick a miner.

I personally like Pachall at TCU. I expect a big year for that kid.

Good shit fellas, keep em coming.

I thought many would be the same upper known ones, so I went a little deeper.
If you get chance to see Appaliachian (spelling?) State, keep your eyes on their cube.
Thanks HUNT.

stephen morris for sure. good call

just so easy to play qb right now. and with the kids coming out of high school light years ahead of the qb's a decade ago, it might be easier to list the qb's who pretty much suck.

logan thomas is terrible. the new system isn't going to help. he still has to make decisions, plant and throw. his three biggest weaknesses.
andrew maxwell and an open sparty wr reminds me of the scene in bull durham where crash stood ten feet from 'meat' and said hit me.

Last edited:
I will son.

I like Cato from Marshall too..kid a stud.

Blake Bell? can he throw a 20 yard out?

the MAC has some good qbs coming back..tettleton should be healthy, wenning and lynch are good too..most of their offenses come back to I believe.

one of my fave qb's in the MAC is the kid from Toledo Terrence Owens.. He was splitting time with a Qb(Dantin) he shouldnt have at the beginning of last season if i recall. then took over but got hurt late in yr..
He will put up big numbers

Haha this guy

:rofl:

All this Oklahoma love from u I better see okie on ur week 1,2,3 and so on cards.

weeks 1&2 prolly, depends on number. Think ill fade vs Tulsa

I will son.

I like Cato from Marshall too..kid a stud.

Blake Bell? can he throw a 20 yard out?

Cato I love & take gander at some Bell footage spring game etc. kid can wing it

i also love Bo Wallace at Ole Miss

the MAC has some good qbs coming back..tettleton should be healthy, wenning and lynch are good too..most of their offenses come back to I believe.

Agreed. Like a few others said I'm real high on tha u an Morris also. Also lookin for Coffman from Indiana as a jr to have a break out year

I will silky...I just see him as a tebow dude...haven't really looked at much of his stuff.

Bo Wallace a stud for sure.

Funny tru, I was just researching Coffman..love that offense..put up points in a hurry.

Yeah wade, Owens is another one...MAC is gonna be over city again with a lot of these guys.

I can't trust a qb from the U lol.

weeks 1&2 prolly, depends on number. Think ill fade vs Tulsa

Cato I love & take gander at some Bell footage spring game etc. kid can wing it

i also love Bo Wallace at Ole Miss

We are night an day on Oklahoma rite now, I guess one of us will be rite an one will be wrong. Hopefully tha one wrong wont lose too much fadin/playin them.

:shake:

dont sleep on chuckie keeton of utah state, 3300 pass yds 27 td. 600 rush yds 8 tds

Brynn Renner is an interesting story TY. Alot more will be asked of him without all world Gio Bernard. If he steps up UNC could be very good, or he could have a Barkley 2012 season. Big year for the kid. Watched he & Glennon play HS ball in NOVA.

I am curious to see who wins the QB job at PSU.. the way O'brien coached up walk on scrub Mcgloin... wanna see what he does with some talent

Here are six quarterbacks who should have good seasons (listed in ABC order):
Derek Carr, Fresno State;
Cody Fajardo, Nevada;
David Fales, San Jose State;
Jeff Mathews, Cornell;
Brett Smith, Wyoming and
Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech.
:rofl:...as in he cannot get worse?

Don't laugh but Mettenberger should be a ton better. He has all the tools and the gun. And he started to come on late there in flashes....

I expect a decent year from him

AJ Mccarron was the best qb in the country last year and dominant in the championship game. With more weapons this year, I expect him to continue where he left off.

Last year 30 td's 3 int 67 % completion.

Championship game 4 td / 0 int 71% completion.

Has a real chance to go down as one of the best college qb's of all time.

i watched a ton of LSU last yr cuz i love fball n they on every wk.. He just does not have it in my mind, he is playing Qb with a bunch of great talent n the guy is just avg looking.

he basically threw 6 td's all season vs. real competiton. sorry throwing out what he did vs. idaho, north tex n towson..
i would bet on him being the same type of qb this season..

Pretty sure Brett Hundley is the best NFL prospect in the country but I'm biased. Dude really is the prototype physically with a great head on his shoulders.

Should beast this year. Second year with Mazzone & Alosi. Oline and WR units will be improved and RB is a bit of a question mark so the offense is completey on Hundley's shoulders.
PERSONAL - Full Name: Brett Hundley ... Born: June 15, 1993 in Arizona ... Parents: Brett, Sr. and April Hundley ... Dad played football (lettered at running back in 1986) at the University of Arizona ... Has an uncle who played quarterback at Wichita State ... Has two older sisters, Tatum and Paris ... Lists NFL quarterback Donovan McNabb as the famous athlete he admires ... Athletic Director's Honor Roll in Winter 2011 ... Undeclared major.

Yeah, kinda weird no mention of him.

Barring injury he will be great(even moreso) this year.

No homer, but love Gardner to have a helluva year barring the same circumstances.

Back