Preseason Topic #2 - Coaching Tendencies and Wagering

Schrute

Assistant __ ___ Regional Mod
This one will be ongoing but I'll start with...

Hazell and Purdue will throw the ball as much as possible even down big late in the fourth with the game out of reach. This will lead to some late game scoring which could push a game over. It will also give them a chance to backdoor some big numbers if they actually show the ability to successfully complete a downfield pass.

Its late and I'm going to bed but will have more to come

Holgorsen will design a million ways to toss the ball 5yds to shifty guy but literally has 3 to get the ball deep. 2 of em depend on the opposing team being super concerned with crossers, the other depends on PA

Jimbo uses 1 passing play a good 70% of the time, a TE option route with a NCAA route combo off of it (Post Drag) & & some conflict combo with the 2 remaining elgibles (if RB isn't in for pass pro).

some variation of this 70% of the time (pretty unbeatable )

Last edited:
I am a big fan on the perfect a few basic plays with some minor variations/options instead of having a hundred different plays out of 18 formations

Silky, any specific coaches that you think seem to be very aware of the spread late in games?

If an Alabama game comes down to a decision to kick a FG or go for it, count on Saban making the incorrect call. Or at least him putting so much pressure on the players that they f it up

@cbfowler: CFB puzzler for hard cores: what do these coaches have in common? Spurrier, Snyder, Gundy, B.Stoops, Ferentz, Briles, Bailiff.

@cbfowler: All coaches listed earlier won 60% or > of home games VS THE PTS (at their current schools). good list to be on. keep alums happy.

@cbfowler: Flipside FWIW: some accomplished coaches WITHOUT good win % vs THE PTS in home games:
Miles, Richt, Dantonio, Pelini, Fitzgerald.

Back