Preseason Injuries, Suspensions and Notable Depth Chart Thread..

This is usually something I can contribute too, unfortunately I am just not in a position to do it this year right now.

Here is what Phil Steele had to update the magazine. Says "updated daily" and well, it's been 2 weeks since it is updated. No source ever captures all of them so best to use various spots to stay up to date.

1692136472836.png

Last edited:
Sometimes I can't help myself from looking around

Sometimes I can't help myself from looking around

Duke just lost receiver Eli Pancol for three months or so.

Clemson LB Dudley was dismissed from the team. At LB, the twos will now be Kobe McCloud and two trues.

No other attrition for Clemson that I can think of. Everyone not practicing (except Venables) is expected back for the Opener.

Denver Harris is NOT kicked off LSU

But starters are clearly Duce and Zy

Syracuse and SELA transfers

I posted about Tez in my thread and the current viewpoint is that the NCAA is expected to reverse its decision the week leading up to the game, so we’ll see what happens

Nebraska:

Farmer had been demoted, was crying about it, and got himself suspended and then left shortly after.

Zavier Betts quit again. Pretty thin at WR if a couple of the freshmen don't step up.

Rising and Kuithe still game day decisions for the Florida opener. Whittingham is one of the most tight lipped coaches there is when it comes to injuries. I'm hoping both are ready to go and its just gamesmanship.

I guess we can factor in coaching suspensions here. Sorry if Harbaugh is addressed elsewhere. Just curious on it.

UM was ready to do a 4-game suspension weeks back but the NCAA said not going to happen. Now UM self-imposes a 3-game deal and it's good with the NCAA? Not opining on any severtiy of the penalty it one way or the other. Just curious on how this played out / what I'm missing.

Paging BAR....

I guess we can factor in coaching suspensions here. Sorry if Harbaugh is addressed elsewhere. Just curious on it.

UM was ready to do a 4-game suspension weeks back but the NCAA said not going to happen. Now UM self-imposes a 3-game deal and it's good with the NCAA? Not opining on any severtiy of the penalty it one way or the other. Just curious on how this played out / what I'm missing.

Paging BAR....
It's not good with the NCAA.

Not much more to comment here, but there is a HUGE conflict of interest with one guy that will help decide on the NCAA process (Jim Stapleton). This goes back to the Minnesota Vikings job.

Michigan should have fought harder here.

The initial feeling I believe is to do this in case they run the table so nothing is taken away later.

The issue is cheeseburgers and also china flu practice protocols.

Nothing huge, but Mich always plays things "right" with the NCAA and this is what happens.

Stubborn war here.

Guessing this is his last year though.

There is a reason you've seen support from other fantasies (other than MSU)... They know most is a crock...

Either way, Mike Hart game 1 then I believe Sherrone Moore the next 2 games.

I laid it with them about an hour ago (-35). This is a very motivated team and they do not like this.

Despite "shorter" games for Michigan this year due to clock rules, this has 49-10 at min written all over it.

Maason Smith the big D lineman who poppped his knee like 4 plays into Fla St game last year is suspended G1 vs Fla St this year for LSU

Maason Smith the big D lineman who poppped his knee like 4 plays into Fla St game last year is suspended G1 vs Fla St this year for LSU
How are we still suspending players for “improper benefits?”

Fwiw, I think Rising and Kuithe are a go for the opener against the Gators. That being said, it sounds like Nate Johnson has moved ahead of Barnes as of late. He's much more of a dual threat and if Whittingham trusts him the offense will be much more dynamic.

RB John Emery is also out for the game. No reason given, but everyone knows it's academics, the same reason he has missed so many games in the past

I don't see either loss as a major problem for LSU. Smith is a great player, but missed last year and the D was fine. Emery was highly touted as one of the best backs in the country, but has never shown much

LSU is my #1 bet this week. Taking them ML for 5x, -2x for 1x.

Utah QB Cameron Rising is out for the Florida game. No official announcement from Whittingham, but the word today from the Utah SI is he is "very unlikely" to play.

Utah QB Cameron Rising is out for the Florida game. No official announcement from Whittingham, but the word today from the Utah SI is he is "very unlikely" to play.
Saw something today that Barnes is expected to start and redshirt FR Johnson, who is a track athlete, will likely get some plays possibly to run the wildcat. Doesn't seem like either has the full vote of confidence.

Barnes has my confidence. This Utah OL is the deepest it's been since I've followed Utah football and word is a true frosh will be starting at LT. He's beat out some studs to get the nod. Jaquinden Jackson is 10x the back that Tavion Thomas was. I expect Utah to pound, pound, pound then use play action to take advantage of a stacked box.

Cam Rising is definitely "the guy" but this year's team is deep enough to win with him sitting. I wouldn't lay the points but I think Utah grinds out a 27 -21 type game.

Barnes has my confidence. This Utah OL is the deepest it's been since I've followed Utah football and word is a true frosh will be starting at LT. He's beat out some studs to get the nod. Jaquinden Jackson is 10x the back that Tavion Thomas was. I expect Utah to pound, pound, pound then use play action to take advantage of a stacked box.

Cam Rising is definitely "the guy" but this year's team is deep enough to win with him sitting. I wouldn't lay the points but I think Utah grinds out a 27 -21 type game.
I only took 6.5 to avoid 6 if it went down, I don't particularly like it. Probably buy back some of it, not sure if waiting for live is even something I want to do, the 6.5 could become worthless really quickly.

Has my confidence too. I always want the team that physically mauls the other team on offense and defense and this is a classic Utah home game situation. I was playing Utah till I heard about that QB. Now I'm rethinking it

Back