Preseason Daily Topic #3 - Teasers and ML Parlays

Schrute

Assistant __ ___ Regional Mod
Do they serve a purpose in your personal handicapping/wagering?

I understand the perspective of PR only guys who strictly bet based upon numbers. I also get the argument that there are already so many options when it comes to wagering and taking on teasers/parlays adds another aspect that can take away time and energy from the SU wagers. However I do think it serves a purpose in certain games. I'll list an example below

TAMU opens +10 at SoCar. They aren't going on the road in their first game without JFF and Evans and beating Spurrier. I am not saying they can't be competitive but I do not think they can win in Columbia with a new QB on opening night. I'm sure I can find two games to pair it with. One I've already eyed is Florida. Muschamp will want to make a statement against Idaho. Up 38-0 late and Idaho scoring a TD in garbage time with a total of 150 yards still makes a nice statement but doesn't win ATS. However I can't imagine a healthy UF not beating Idaho by 24 points when Muschamp needs them to look good in this game

Thoughts on the overall topic?

I have added ML parlays to my capping more and more the last few years. I like it more for OOC games(naturally) but if used correctly I think it is a very good tool. Now, I don't go batshit crazy doing them but I look for good opportunities(kinda like you explained above).

ML parlays just do not work for me. Maybe it's just bad luck. I have placed a bunch of them over the yrs tho LOL.
I will say the one thing that I have had some success with are pleasers. Moving the line on totals. But I caught a few times last season that some games were not able to be used in pleasers that I wanted to use.

I just started experimenting with ML parlays last season. Had my biggest win all wrapped up until aub completed that Hail Mary against UGA. I like teasers in the NFL, not so much in college. However, it seems when I win teasers, I would have won them had I not moved points, so I wonder what the %s are of teasers winning when a 2 game parlay would have lost

Back on topic, not much ML parlays or teasers done by god. Jus focus on pr numbers for openers, an typical fades like normal sides/unders/ML dogs

5d had some lines up at -120 it moved around then 1st line out at normal vig was sc -13, now -12. At BOL -10.5. 12 has value but I wanna see that line dip some

Longest Active Home Win Streaks
Northern Illinois 26
South Carolina 18
Stanford 16

SC was close, maybe etg was sayin longest home win streak in tha sec...

Longest Active Home Win Streaks
Northern Illinois 26
South Carolina 18
Stanford 16

SC was close, maybe etg was sayin longest home win streak in tha sec...

I'm saying what ESPN will say opening night and what the NCAA recognizes (im not saying I agree though). Neutral site is neutral site, not a home game, despite you moving it from your home stadium to a bigger venue.

ow could the NCAA recognize South Carolina as the team that holds the nation’s longest home winning streak? It’s all about geography.
Twice since NIU’s “home stadium” streak began, the program has taken advantage of its close location to Chicago. The Huskies moved two home games to Soldier Field — home of the Chicago Bears — in the past three seasons.
NIU lost both games: One was an 18-17 nail biter against Iowa in the 2012 season opener; the other a 49-7 shellacking against Wisconsin in 2011.
Both games were technically considered home games, even if they were played in a neutral location.

Back