Potential sites for Bills and Chiefs AFC Championship

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Indy has said no -- volleyball tournament

Detroit said no -- new turf going in, old is ripped out

So, I know the league wants to be reasonable driving distance from each city.

My personal thought, wherever it is, give half tickets to each team to sell. Can you imagine half the stadium blue and half red? That would be amazing! Yes, I know this will never happen.

So, where to?

Soldier
Nashville

Something random like Columbus, Ohio? You can fit a whole lot more fans in!

Atlanta (if they want a dome).

Minnesota is out, since they could still be playing.

DEATH STAR??

Thoughts?

Also why wouldn’t they allot half of the tickets to each team? That would seem to make sense, but it seemed you’re pretty certain it won’t happen so what am I missing?

Also why wouldn’t they allot half of the tickets to each team? That would seem to make sense, but it seemed you’re pretty certain it won’t happen so what am I missing?
It's the best idea.

My thinking is the host city would want some as well as part of the deal.

The atmosphere though with a half n half stadium would be pretty cool.

It's the best idea.

My thinking is the host city would want some as well as part of the deal.

The atmosphere though with a half n half stadium would be pretty cool.

No offense to any host city, but fuck them. Their city’s team isn’t playing in the game, they should get nothing. But I could see them getting maybe 10% of the tickets, and unless some weird fans wear say a Browns jersey if it’s in Cleveland you’d have pretty much 50/50 with red and blue. Also would probably see many fans in, again say Cleveland, selling the tix to fans in either Buffalo or KC and make some decent coin.

Bengals gonna make this a moot conversation, I’m not sure why bengals/bills not getting same consideration or a coin flip for home? Bengals got totally shafted in this deal but that just gonna fuel them!

Bengals gonna make this a moot conversation, I’m not sure why bengals/bills not getting same consideration or a coin flip for home? Bengals got totally shafted in this deal but that just gonna fuel them!

Pretty sure it’s because they both played the same amount of games, so Bills get the nod with the better record. With Balt it was different as they would have played 17 games and 16 games…which was dumb as winning percentage should have won out, but I think that’s why the NFL did what they did.

Chiefs L2 seasons dome 5-1 but not overly impressive if you toss out the Vegas games

Vegas W 41-14
Chargers W 34-28 OT
Indy L 17-20
Chargers W 30-27
Houston W 30-24 OT
Vegas W 31-13

Vegas. Not Too Expensive Of Flight Price For Fans.
Every Team That Has Gone To Vegas Has Been The Home Team (Sorry Raiders)
So EVERY Team, (Including Chiefs Fans That Just Went There.) The Fans Follow.
I Wouldn't Go To Cleveland Or Pittsburgh! Dumbest Idea Ever!
Just Sayin...

Dome always made sense

I dont get why an extra hour on flights is being treated as a huge difference

Vegas probably has cheaper flights for fans? More hotels available

Most capable to handle an influx of the amount of fans coming?

Atlanta is a big airport hub and convention location so that makes some sense too

Needs to be outdoors badly between those two teams, pretty much need to get a head start on selling tickets wherever it is since it won't be known til a week out

Needs to be outdoors badly between those two teams, pretty much need to get a head start on selling tickets wherever it is since it won't be known til a week out
Dont think selling out will be an issue, I assume nfl is already working with airlines, busses etc. To facilitate extra travel capabilities

Just havent announced

Dont think selling out will be an issue, I assume nfl is already working with airlines, busses etc. To facilitate extra travel capabilities

Just havent announced
Atlanta probably best suited to handle it with Delta there

Still can't wait til the week before to sell 65k tickets or whatever for a game that might happen

Just havent announced

Bills Mafia has a huge presence down in the ATL area as well.

Cool note, one of my college teammates works for the Falcons (AMB Sports) as the SVP and Chief Revenue Officer. Obviously a local Buffalo area guy and huge Bills fan…he’s been with the Flacons for a long time (15+ years I think), was previously with the TB Lightning when they won the Cup for the first time. He’s had quite the run after SUNY Fredonia.

Atlanta probably best suited to handle it with Delta there

Still can't wait til the week before to sell 65k tickets or whatever for a game that might happen
They would sell tickets in an hour

They already have the process in place with both teams and STH processing, who would get first dibs I imagine anyway

They would sell tickets in an hour

They already have the process in place with both teams and STH processing, who would get first dibs I imagine anyway
Tickets are a fraction of the pie

Bills and Chiefs fans who live in wherever, we still don't know the location, but say it's ATL, where will they be in line?

Not to mention I don't care how many flights and rooms are available, and doubt rooms are an issue but flights still will be, most people will still be coach/driving there, gotta let those people know if they have tickets secure or not before a week out

I know we can all just pack up and take off wherever, whenever, but that's not real world until they can have the trip buttoned up

I'm sure at least the NFL has notified the host city so they can get traffic/security in line, at least I'd hope, it's obviously unique to have neutral sites in any sport for a championship

Pretty sure scalping at the door is legal in Georgia too, not just stubhub or the rest.

That said wish it was Nashville, Chicago, Columbus as mentioned. Should be North and outside

And lol at KC not wanting to go East or Buffalo going West. Kinda what the word neutral means

Tickets are a fraction of the pie

Bills and Chiefs fans who live in wherever, we still don't know the location, but say it's ATL, where will they be in line?

Not to mention I don't care how many flights and rooms are available, and doubt rooms are an issue but flights still will be, most people will still be coach/driving there, gotta let those people know if they have tickets secure or not before a week out

I know we can all just pack up and take off wherever, whenever, but that's not real world until they can have the trip buttoned up

I'm sure at least the NFL has notified the host city so they can get traffic/security in line, at least I'd hope, it's obviously unique to have neutral sites in any sport for a championship

Pretty sure scalping at the door is legal in Georgia too, not just stubhub or the rest.
Ya everyone behind the scenes will know, they wont start selling tickets though is what I said

Plans can be in place, they wont announce tho until its confirmed

Reactions: KJ
Ya everyone behind the scenes will know, they wont start selling tickets though is what I said

Plans can be in place, they wont announce tho until its confirmed
All season tix will get dibs in order and pay up front, then it will likely be applied to next season tix if the game doesn't happen. That's how MLB, NFL, NBA and I assume NHL have done it forever. Different tho that in those they sell as though every game possible at home will be played for playoffs where this is a one off. Getting refunds if you don't want it applied are a different animal.

But I hope that fans that aren't season tix holders who live in that city it's played in get a chance.

Be incredible if they could play in Cincinnati but the logistics simply wouldn't work

And local support might cause some domestic terrorism

All season tix will get dibs in order and pay up front, then it will likely be applied to next season tix if the game doesn't happen. That's how MLB, NFL, NBA and I assume NHL have done it forever. Different tho that in those they sell as though every game possible at home will be played for playoffs where this is a one off. Getting refunds if you don't want it applied are a different animal.

But I hope that fans that aren't season tix holders who live in that city it's played in get a chance.

They will need a lottery system just for Bills season ticket holders since they’d only get half the stadium. There is a close to zero chance anyone other than a season ticket holder gets a shot at a ticket outside of the secondary market. The Bills have 60k season ticket holders currently.

They will need a lottery system just for Bills season ticket holders since they’d only get half the stadium. There is a close to zero chance anyone other than a season ticket holder gets a shot at a ticket outside of the secondary market. The Bills have 60k season ticket holders currently.
Ya that's why I said they dont need to announce for tickets till finalized, teams will probably get 40-45% each, which are prepaid for already, remaining will be sold out easily

In europe for tickets when teams play in neutral venues, the clubs usually have a loyalty system for 90% of their tickets, which is basically just who has held the longest, if a person declines then down the line, and then lottery for last 10% of so everyone (that is in the season ticket system) has a chance

Has anyone seen what they do for superbowls?

Obviously less allotment but do teams usually use loyalty system or is it just lottos

I hope at the very least they allot it by sections

so all the Bills fans are together and same with chiefs

Make it more of a college atmosphere

And later on, they note each team gets 12.5%.

That was an article before last year's SB.
10% for host seems low, but then think that nfl and home city would prefer if every ticket for the game was by someone from oot, wouldnt surprise me if that started going lower

Back