Post your best bet and why for week 5

• Thread starter Thread starter in&out
  • Start date Start date
The number has gotten out of hand since the open(s) (obviously the 55 lasted exactly 1 min)...

But Kent and Ball State should fly over the number. I have this valued in the high sixties.

CK has 4.5 units and Tim 2 units on the App St/S Alabama Over so I'd put that on the list. Line has gone from 59.5 to 55.5.

Michigan -14

While some would say this is a little bit of a homer pick, I just don't see how NW has the horses in this one. The Wildcats losing Larkin hurts not only because of how good he was but how little they have behind him. This Michigan team is starting to click in all the right places. Every week, Shea gets a little more comfortable playing so much "pro" style and every week, the defensive back seven gets a little more experience. If NW falls down at any point, it's just not really built to be one dimensional and without Larkin, that's what they are.

I actually had a dream that Michigan would dominate and that NW would miss Larkin. Thorson also tends to struggle against good defenses—and that was with support from a strong rush attack. Plus, Michigan‘s O seems to have made strides after week 1. There had always been a lot of potential in those young receivers and of course the running backs. Michigan only needs to replace Shea with Dylan

But as my best bet I think i‘ll go with OSU tt over. Penn State‘s defense is bad. It was really bad last year, look how Lewerke and Lee shredded the pass D. And now you have last year‘s back-up corners and two non-safeties at safety. Then the run D without both DT‘s from last year and leadsrs Cabinda and Allen. And lots of youth. I think OSU gashes this defense to no end.

Army +7 1/2 (current line down from the +9 I got early) plus moneyline +250

as I have stated in numerous threads, Army's "Panzer Kampf" ground game goes thru opponents like Heinz Guderian went thru Poland and France AND controls the pace of the game. they are one of the top "time of possession" teams this season

Army 339 yards rushing vs Oklahoma
Army 303 yards rushing vs Hawaii
Army QB Kelvin Hopkins completes timely passes to keep drives alive. he has thrown for 460 yards this season.

Army +7 1/2 (current line down from the +9 I got early) plus moneyline +250

as I have stated in numerous threads, Army's "Panzer Kampf" ground game goes thru opponents like Heinz Guderian went thru Poland and France AND controls the pace of the game. they are one of the top "time of possession" teams this season

Army 339 yards rushing vs Oklahoma
Army 303 yards rushing vs Hawaii
Army QB Kelvin Hopkins completes timely passes to keep drives alive. he has thrown for 460 yards this season.

Little known fact only 10% of Germany‘s army in Poland was mechanized. Blitzkrieg was a myth

Michigan -14

While some would say this is a little bit of a homer pick, I just don't see how NW has the horses in this one. The Wildcats losing Larkin hurts not only because of how good he was but how little they have behind him. This Michigan team is starting to click in all the right places. Every week, Shea gets a little more comfortable playing so much "pro" style and every week, the defensive back seven gets a little more experience. If NW falls down at any point, it's just not really built to be one dimensional and without Larkin, that's what they are.

Michigan a great 13 pt teaser leg.

Little known fact only 10% of Germany‘s army in Poland was mechanized. Blitzkrieg was a myth

yes BUT the Panzers "kicked the door in" and lead the way with strong close air support from the Luftwaffe. first ever "combined arms" attack in history. same with France nine months later. there is NO "myth" to "Der Schnelle Heinz". defeated Poland in one month and France in six weeks. I would call THAT "Lightning War". Gudarian tank operations are STILL studied at military schools. his book Achtung - Panzer (1937) is required reading for armor officers :)

Last edited:
yes BUT the Panzers "kicked the door in" and lead the way with strong close air support from the Luftwaffe. first ever "combined arms" attack in history. same with France nine months later. there is NO "myth" to "Der Schnelle Heinz". defeated Poland in one month and France in six weeks. I would call THAT "Lightning War". Gudarian tank operations are STILL studied at military schools. his book Achtung - Panzer (1937) is required reading for armor officers :)

But Panzers per se weren‘t key to defeating France, daring to bring them through the Ardennes was?

Was looking at this game but little worried about Clemson scoring with current new QB and their defense stopping Syracuse

Think with new Qb, they score more and td more than Bryant. That’s why they switched. ESPN had some stats , heck even Dabo said it.

I know the guy who bet the under in there. Same guy who bet the OHIO ST over at every book he could max

Back