post misleading final scores please, week 2

booksbestfriend

On Johnny's Shitlist
Wasn’t around yesterday, but did not see this started yet. I mentioned last week that 2H bets on the FSU opposition may be a trend this year. It may be too early to call it a trend, but it is shaping up to be a sure thing. Did not see the game. Only the score. Don’t know the halftime line, but I can’t see it being ULM -21. Unfortunately, that is what it would have taken to lose the bet. I don’t know guys....

I’d like to offer a picture of the stadium and crowd at the end of this game, but can’t find an attachment to post. If interested, find it. Quite an embarrassing sight for the Noles. It has gotten so bad that the fans don’t appear to be supporting this team. SMH...

Anyway, Fire em in here. Whatcha got for week 2?

Also, if this thread is already started, please merge or delete.

Wasn’t around yesterday, but did not see this started yet. I mentioned last week that 2H bets on the FSU opposition may be a trend this year. It may be too early to call it a trend, but it is shaping up to be a sure thing. Did not see the game. Only the score. Don’t know the halftime line, but I can’t see it being ULM -21. Unfortunately, that is what it would have taken to lose the bet. I don’t know guys....

I’d like to offer a picture of the stadium and crowd at the end of this game, but can’t find an attachment to post. If interested, find it. Quite an embarrassing sight for the Noles. It has gotten so bad that the fans don’t appear to be supporting this team. SMH...

At least Taggart is done after the season. I know you mentioned that it will be quite costly but I’m sure someone will come up with the money. Meanwhile I’m stuck with Diaz the Cuban Al Golden for probably another 5 years.

These two programs are a complete disgrace but I am confident in saying FSU will get it right before Miami does. This is what you get when you hire coaches purely for political reasons as both of these programs have done.

nebraska coaching staff cost them the game
minnesota beat themselves all night
cincy is terrible

Probably just not hydrated ....

Pitt only won 20-10, but just dominated a decent OU squad, more than doubling-up the Bobcats' offense and holding OU to 1.2 yards per carry.

Texas State had 150 more yards and 11 more first downs, while somehow managing to lose by 9 to Wyoming.

Akron / UAB was deceptively lopsided, and Akron is awful.

GT had to work hard to keep USF within 4 at the gun. The Jackets basically dominated.

UConn wouldn't come within 8 of Illinois if they played 20 more times. Just one of those days.

Murray State QB went 24 for 33 against UGa.

Charlotte lost by 15, but had 75 more yards and 8 more first downs than the homestanding Mountaineers last week.

This is a great catch. I circled this as well and now they get to face the worst team in college football i've seen take the field in years....

Arkansas scored a weird defensive TD on a play that should have been blown dead and a late TD in garbage time. They are awful, and I will be interested in their team totals in SEC play.

Down 10-6 late 2nd Q, U Mass offense picked up a first down inside SIU 10 yard line. There are under 2 minutes left in 1 H. U Mass in hurry up offense. I can’t believe what my eyes are telling me. On second down they score and take a 13-10 lead.
There are still almost 90 seconds left in 2Q. Sure enough, SIU come right back down the field and go ahead 17-10. U Mass looks BAAD, and they have a new coaching staff that has a lot to learn.

Charlotte lost by 15, but had 75 more yards and 8 more first downs than the homestanding Mountaineers last week.

The game featured alot of big plays by both teams.

Critical moments occurred in the final minutes of the 2nd qrt. Charlotte fumbled at their own 10 with just 1:19 left and App St scored next play which made the score 21-13. Then after the ensuring KO, App St used all 3 timeouts to force a punt, which they blk'd for a TD with just :39 left in the half to make it 28-13. In the 4th qrt App St ret'd an onside kick for TD. Charlotte threw an INT in the EZ on their final drive.

I'm pretty sure they started Kean in the opener, but pulled him for Reynolds. They went back to Kean later in that first game, but he threw another INT and it's been Reynold's job since, as it probably should've been from go.

Texas A&M gained 160 of their 289 total yards on their final two possessions of the game (which ended in INT at goal line and then TD with :06 left). Clemson led just 17-3 HT but Tigers had a commanding 14-6 FD and 234-92 total yard edge. Mond was just 5-14-51y passing 1st H. Clemson missed a 47y FG and fumbled at the A&M12.

VT led 24-3 with ODU showing little offense up to that point, but would score back-to-back TDs in the 2nd H to make it 24-17. VT did outgain them 403-324 (6.0-4.4), but ODU outrushed htem 202-131 (4.7-3.4).

Pitt's D really got after Ohio, but at least some of the reason could've been Ohio QB O'Rourke was sick and while he played through it was a very uncharacteristic 15-27-177 and sacked 6x.

Texas State had 150 more yards and 11 more first downs, while somehow managing to lose by 9 to Wyoming.

Wyoming had a 72y pick-six and an earlier INT set WYO up in TxSt territory leading to a TD. Texas State O struggled in the 2nd H until their final drive of the game which saw them get to the W06, but they refused to take a shot into the EZ and kept throwing short and getting OOB, but eventually time ran out on them. Tex St did miss 2 FGs, but WYO missed one as well and also kicked a 19y FG.

The game featured alot of big plays by both teams.

Critical moments occurred in the final minutes of the 2nd qrt. Charlotte fumbled at their own 10 with just 1:19 left and App St scored next play which made the score 21-13. Then after the ensuring KO, App St used all 3 timeouts to force a punt, which they blk'd for a TD with just :39 left in the half to make it 28-13. In the 4th qrt App St ret'd an onside kick for TD. Charlotte threw an INT in the EZ on their final drive.

I'm pretty sure they started Kean in the opener, but pulled him for Reynolds. They went back to Kean later in that first game, but he threw another INT and it's been Reynold's job since, as it probably should've been from go.
App also returned an onside kick for a TD with a couple minutes left in the game for the final points.

Miss St went up 7-0, then Southern Miss missed a 36y FG…Miss St would then lead 14-0. SM fumbled at the MSU 42. SM forced back-to-back three and outs. SM did get to the MSU24 with a 1st down, but would lose 5y on a run, then get sacked for a 7y loss and then were sacked again this time fumbling. Stevens was injured and left the game, but with their BU QB MSU took a 21-0 lead with :42 left in the half. It was 31-7 when MSU missed a 43y FG. SM got a 65y TD (2pt good)…31-15. With just 3min left SM threw INT at the M33 which was returned 45 yards and MSU broke a 22y TD run with 2min left. SM’s next poss ended in an INT at the M38 to end the game 38-15. MSU only outgained them 386-344 (6.2-6.5). SM was -3 TOs. SM was backed up most of the night having to start 4 drives from inside their 15 including two inside their 10.

Arkansas State led 17-3 in the 2nd qrt because of a 35y pick-six a 25y drive for a FG then a 31y drive for TD after UNLV punted from their own EZ and only managed a 17 yarder. After that there was nothing remotely misleading. UNLV sucked. Blake Anderson surprised his team hours before KO at the team meeting returning from his leave of absence after his wife passed away.

Not a good for UNLV

UNC started hot with a 17-3 lead, but Miami would have a 488-389 (6.4-6.4) TY edge including 179-97 RY (4.8-2.7) edges. Miami was inside the NC 10 twice in the 2nd qrt kicking a FG from the N04 and also missed a short FG (one of two missed in the game, the other being the would-be tying 49 yarder). Additionally, Miami was SOD at the NC19 to open the 3rd qrt. Both teams struggled on 3rd down (3-11 and 2-10) but UNC was 1-1 on 4th down and it was a big 4th-and-17 conversion for the winning TD drive.

Last edited:
Grambling outgained LaTech 455-390 (5.0-5.9) including outrushing them 216-170 (4.2-4.1). LT did lead 20-0 HT. In the 1st H Grambling was SOD at the L05 and missed a 48y FG. In the 2nd H Grambling fumbled at the L08, were SOD at the L09. LT was SOD at the G07 first poss of the 3rd qrt.

Kennesaw State was inside the Kent RZ 8x, but only managed 2 TDs, 3 FGs with 1 missed FG and 2 SOD. Kent State won in OT but were outgained by 100 yards including being outrushed 145-252 (3.8-4.0). Kennesaw had a 40-20 TOP edge and were 5-of-6 4th down.

Miami, Oh shows just a 349-282 TY edge while Tennessee Tech had a 22-14 Fd edge. Miami led 41-3 HT and HC Martin said they played a lot of frosh and scout team players the entire second half who they had no plans of playing, including fielding 11 true frosh on D at one point in the 2nd H. As such TTU had nearly 250 yards on their final 4 possessions (had about 50 yards all game prior).

Back